2023 4* Edge Keldric Faulk flips to AU

Zeek

Arguably the one of the best HS DL prospects class (on paper) in the history of the state of Alabama. There are seven 4-star/5-star prospects and Auburn current isn't leading for any of them or may not sign a single one...........Let that sink in!

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he stays then that’s another wasted year in recruiting. Another year we fall behind our rivals. Another year of football purgatory. The people who are out for blood are eventually going to get him. It’s just a matter of when. 

There is absolutely no point to this staff being kept besides our boosters are still in buy out hell from malzahn. This is not a good recruiting staff. There is not 1 elite recruiter on staff. There are barely any good recruiters. If our big time money guys refuse to help football in any significant way with NIL while Harsin is head coach there is absolutely zero justification for keeping this staff around. 

For the first portion of your post, I agree but I also disagree. The only shot we have is for Harsin to go out and have success on the field, win on the trail as much as possible and hope that it picks up with success during the season, and then to abolutely crush the portal after a sneaky good season. If he can somehow pull out 8-9 wins this year I think he could change the narrative a little and that would help on the trail. He would then just have to crush the portal because 23 is going to have some gaping holes on the roster where we need immediate help. If we win 7 or less games this year, I agree it's more than likely a matter of time. 

I think we have a some good recruiters on staff, but they are somewhat handcuffed by the lack of NIL cooperation and the attempted coupe this off-season. I by no means think we have a single ace though, but I believe they could be much better than they are if their backs weren't against the proverbial wall. 

9 hours ago, Zeek said:

I completely understand. Just telling you I would bet money that he is back.

Realistically how many years do you think he gets? Three?

I just don’t think we would’ve landed a 5* in basketball if we were refusing to use NIL. But if the boosters refuse to use it on Harsin, *is* there someone for whom they would use it? See my choice for coach if a change is needed, as I think he’d be such a person.

Edited by AUwent

On 7/6/2022 at 5:33 AM, AUwent said:

Realistically how many years do you think he gets? Three?

I just don’t think we would’ve landed a 5* in basketball if we were refusing to use NIL. But if the boosters refuse to use it on Harsin, *is* there someone for whom they would use it? See my choice for coach if a change is needed, as I think he’d be such a person.

He’ll get at least 3 unless he has a 2012 type year. Having 3 head coaches in under 4 years is a bad look for a program and that’ll scare some coaches away

34 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

He’ll get at least 3 unless he has a 2012 type year. Having 3 head coaches in under 4 years is a bad look for a program and that’ll scare some coaches away

I don’t know, man. Let’s say Harsin has similar results as last year, on the field and in recruiting. Say you’re a head coach that’s worth anything and you see that Harsin took a program that was winning 7+ games and top 15 recruiting  constantly, (with the exception of 2 years) for the last 20 years, and tanked it to near bottom of the league You’d probably think it was reasonable to can him. I could see it being unreasonable, if our program was in shambles like Arky was, but we actually got worse overall last year, compared to the year before. If Harsin doesn’t improve anything that the administration can use to gain confidence, they may have no other choice than to pull the plug. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don’t know, man. Let’s say Harsin has similar results as last year, on the field and in recruiting. Say you’re a head coach that’s worth anything and you see that Harsin took a program that was winning 7+ games and top 15 recruiting  constantly, (with the exception of 2 years) for the last 20 years, and tanked it to near bottom of the league You’d probably think it was reasonable to can him. I could see it being unreasonable, if our program was in shambles like Arky was, but we actually got worse overall last year, compared to the year before. If Harsin doesn’t improve anything that the administration can use to gain confidence, they may have no other choice than to pull the plug. 

I mean they can fire him I wouldnt mind, it’s not my money but I don’t think it’ll be wise to fire him after 2 seasons. Sometimes coaches need some time. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I mean they can fire him I wouldnt mind, it’s not my money but I don’t think it’ll be wise to fire him after 2 seasons. Sometimes coaches need some time. 

PSU game will decide his W/L fate for the year and Harsin MUST get better much quickly recruiting and mainly in-state

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

I hope they don’t have to fire him. But it really all boils down to momentum. Coaches need time. But if the trajectory they are going on is downward, then time could end up working against you. Same thing happened with Gus. They gave him too much time after it became obvious that he had a ceiling that wasn’t going to win us championships anymore.

• Like 1

Game plan: Take care of business on the field in the first half of the season (going into ESD), throw all of the NIL money at Smith & Russaw and the rest will take care of itself.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sizzle said:

The funny thing to me is the people who want him fired always have the most interesting replacement wants. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's hilarious to me calling for the coaches head. I guess it's just the actual poster history of many who are crying about recruiting.

The same guys who has the most to say about the smallest improvements to the quality of life to a student athlete are the loudest complaining about getting them in. The guys that are like boo hoo he didn't care about you are the guys now like we can't out recruit Vanderbilt 😂

And some of you really thought that you can ignore how players feel and business will carry on as usual......I guess we can pretend a insider on the donor board broke that news too!  But really ole Cole gave it to you a long time ago for free.....you just don't like me so you didn't listen

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

The funny thing to me is the people who want him fired always have the most interesting replacement wants. 

“Hire Trooper Taylor as Head coach then see if you can get Andy Reid and Bill Belichick as the coordinators”

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sizzle said:

Getting time implies that things are moving in the right direction and a good plan hasn't had time to come together. So far all Ive seen positive from Harsin in 18 months is he hired one position coach who will probably be good. (Ike Hillyard) That's not much movement for a year and a half.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AUlurker said:

So apparently we finished 3rd for Faulk 😬

We wouldn't even be good in horseshoes or hand grenades. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Getting time implies that things are moving in the right direction and a good plan hasn't had time to come together. So far all Ive seen positive from Harsin in 18 months is he hired one position coach who will probably be good. (Ike Hillyard) That's not much movement for a year and a half.

We’ll see. Switching coaches every couple years and paying all these buyouts probably won’t solve things either. There has to be at least SOME patience. 

13 hours ago, DAG said:

I’m assuming you’re calling me out?

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

I’m assuming you’re calling me out?

You and everyone else who continuously pile on. It is damn if he does , damn if he doesn’t with recruiting . We get a couple of recruits and the same people want to make smart remarks. We miss a guy and it is the end of the world. I am so ready to get this seasons started so CBH, the staff and the players can shut y’all up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

You and everyone else who continuously pile on. It is damn if he does , damn if he doesn’t with recruiting . We get a couple of recruits and the same people want to make smart remarks. We miss a guy and it is the end of the world. I am so ready to get this seasons started so CBH, the staff and the players can shut y’all up. 

People just react to what they see. Everything isn’t so black and white. If they pick up a good recruit or he makes a good hire, people react positively. If they miss out on someone, people react negatively. This whole, you either follow someone blindly or don’t sh*t is what’s destroying our government. There is such a thing as wanting what’s best for Harsin, the staff, and the players while simultaneously pointing out their flaws as things that can create barriers to Auburn winning. 

None of us on this forum have ANY bearing, whatsoever on anything that is Auburn football. We aren’t affecting anything by providing opinions. Maybe we are right, maybe we are wrong and he turns us into Clemson 2.0. Nevertheless, maybe you shouldn’t let other people not having as much confidence as you bother you so much. 

Look at this! I don’t care what you say! This is a huge f’ing deal. Maybe Harsin gets it turned around. But people absolutely have a reason to have negative feelings. And we aren’t just some tiny group of negative Nancy’s. We are in the overwhelming majority, when you take into account people that don’t wear orange and blue goggles.

03066AA1-4185-4257-91D2-FC0393CAB0DD.jpeg

61B4DA6E-DB50-4D40-90EE-FE8D7724DDBB.jpeg

1E865170-4C60-430E-994D-4663147E3EC5.jpeg

DBC66798-E688-4169-B488-3A9A2FFABCD9.jpeg

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

People just react to what they see. Everything isn’t so black and white. If they pick up a good recruit or he makes a good hire, people react positively. If they miss out on someone, people react negatively. This whole, you either follow someone blindly or don’t sh*t is what’s destroying our government. There is such a thing as wanting what’s best for Harsin, the staff, and the players while simultaneously pointing out their flaws as things that can create barriers to Auburn winning. 

None of us on this forum have ANY bearing, whatsoever on anything that is Auburn football. We aren’t affecting anything by providing opinions. Maybe we are right, maybe we are wrong and he turns us into Clemson 2.0. Nevertheless, maybe you shouldn’t let other people not having as much confidence as you bother you so much. 

Look at this! I don’t care what you say! This is a huge f’ing deal. Maybe Harsin gets it turned around. But people absolutely have a reason to have negative feelings. And we aren’t just some tiny group of negative Nancy’s. We are in the overwhelming majority, when you take into account people that don’t wear orange and blue goggles.

03066AA1-4185-4257-91D2-FC0393CAB0DD.jpeg

61B4DA6E-DB50-4D40-90EE-FE8D7724DDBB.jpeg

1E865170-4C60-430E-994D-4663147E3EC5.jpeg

DBC66798-E688-4169-B488-3A9A2FFABCD9.jpeg

I don’t want to waste too much time on you , but I will give you a little response from your rant. I never said you couldn’t have opinions or express them. I said I can’t help till this season comes around and shut you guys all up. Spread all the negativity that you like, just show back up come this season and not hide behind your pay wall. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

I don’t want to waste too much time on you , but I will give you a little response from your rant. I never said you couldn’t have opinions or express them. I said I can’t help till this season comes around and shut you guys all up. Spread all the negativity that you like, just show back up come this season and not hide behind your pay wall. 

We aren’t spreading anything. We are reacting to REALITY! I’ve already said that I think he wins 7-8 games this year. I hope he wins the national title. I’m sure everyone here does. If you spend time on an Auburn forum, then you obviously love Auburn. 

How about opening your eyes and pay attention to what people say. You’re only seeing the comments from people that you want to see. Your blind positivity mean nothing, as does my negativity.

Just remember, you’re in the overwhelming minority of people in this country who think Harsin is succeeding so far, buddy. If Harsin doesn’t finish consistently at least in the top 15 in recruiting, and add quality offensive linemen, he won’t be successful. Point blank! No question about it. Your “positivity” isn’t going to do s*** to change that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

Have you guys paid enough money to disagree with each other? If not let's lock this puppy up! 🔐

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

But people absolutely have a reason to have negative feelings. And we aren’t just some tiny group of negative Nancy’s.

LMAO. You literally call yourself negative Nancy then say " We aren't spreading anything." You call yourself an overwhelming majority. That is fine. I just don't want you whining like you are now with these false accusations that I am saying you don't have a right to spread your own opinion. You have been off hinge since last summer.  I debate people all the time who have a different opinion than me. I quit debating you because once we loss Freeze (reportedly) you whined and acted like someone stole your milk and cookies. This is a big reason why I did not give you the time or day. The overwhelming majority of you looked damn foolish last summer too and since you looked foolish, you have your own agenda. So you keep being a part of that overwhelming majority. Again, I hope he shuts this "overwhelming majority up" once again. If he does that, Auburn must be doing something good.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nonsense. He also retained Caddy & hired Zac & Trovon. 😉

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

LMAO. You literally call yourself negative Nancy then say " We aren't spreading anything."

This makes no sense. I literally said, we AREN’T being negative Nancy’s. Also, to spread something means that you are causing other people to become negative. I don’t have that kind of power. Do you?

You have been off hinge since last summer.  I debate people all the time who have a different opinion than me. I quit debating you because once we loss Freeze (reportedly) you whined and acted like someone stole your milk and cookies.

—-I haven’t been “off hinge” since last summer. I’ve reacted negatively or positive to things that were negative or positive. You’re seeing a lot of negativity, because there’s been very little positivity. Also, last summer was Harsin’s first summer at Auburn. Wtf are you even on about? Freeze wasn’t in the picture last summer. Also, you’re talking to the person who reportedly called High Freeze “Russ Malzahn” on several occasions. You have your people mixed up, guy.

This is a big reason why I did not give you the time or day.

——You’ve sent me 2 long responses. So yea you actually did give me the time of day. 

The overwhelming majority of you looked damn foolish last summer too

——There you go with the last summer stuff again. You drinking, buddy? Who has looked foolish. What have we been wrong about? Please do tell.

and since you looked foolish, you have your own agenda. So you keep being a part of that overwhelming majority.

——Just stating the facts. You live in the land of unconditional positivity, and Im jealous of you for that. I’d have to be on some pretty gnarly hallucinogens to live as far out of reality as you.

Again, I hope he shuts this "overwhelming majority up" once again. If he does that, Auburn must be doing something good.

LMAO. You literally call yourself negative Nancy then say " We aren't spreading anything."

———-This makes no sense. I literally said, we AREN’T being negative Nancy’s. Also, to spread something means that you are causing other people to become negative. I don’t have that kind of power. Do you?

You have been off hinge since last summer.  I debate people all the time who have a different opinion than me. I quit debating you because once we loss Freeze (reportedly) you whined and acted like someone stole your milk and cookies.

—-—-I haven’t been “off hinge” since last summer. I’ve reacted negatively or positive to things that were negative or positive. You’re seeing a lot of negativity, because there’s been very little positivity. Also, last summer was Harsin’s first summer at Auburn. Wtf are you even on about? Freeze wasn’t in the picture last summer. Also, you’re talking to the person who called High Freeze “Russ Malzahn” on several occasions. You have your people mixed up, guy.

This is a big reason why I did not give you the time or day.

——You’ve sent me 2 long responses. So yea you actually did give me the time of day. 

The overwhelming majority of you looked damn foolish last summer too

——There you go with the last summer stuff again. You drinking, buddy? Who has looked foolish. What have we been wrong about? Lol, actually what have you been right about? Please do tell.

and since you looked foolish, you have your own agenda. So you keep being a part of that overwhelming majority.

——Just stating the facts. You live in the land of unconditional positivity, and Im jealous of you for that. I’d have to be on some pretty gnarly hallucinogens to live as far out of reality as you.

Again, I hope he shuts this "overwhelming majority up" once again. If he does that, Auburn must be doing something good.

Yea I hope that too. As I and the other people living on earth, have probably said 500 times. How about this. Bryan Harsin turns things around and heads in a positive direction this season (better record and better recruiting) and I’ll publicly admit that I was totally wrong and should have trusted him. If he doesn’t, then you come on here and say you were wrong and were right?

I sincerely hope you’re right, because that means Auburn is doing well. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1