2023 4* Edge Keldric Faulk flips to AU

Zeek

7 minutes ago, metafour said:

Lol.

If you haven't figured out by now, "building relationships" isn't a problem for elite recruiters. This is a buzzword for recruiting writers to default to when kids commit elsewhere so that the audience remains engaged.

Exactly. It's amazing how the media will say whatever it takes to keep their base coming back for more when it's painfully obvious that what you just said is the truth.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

6-6 but I could see them losing to Syracuse and I don't think Boston College/Georgia Tech are guarantees either but I'll give them home-field advantage.

3-6, 5-7, and 6-6 doesn't sound like a coach will keep his job. Should Norvell get fired we might feast on some of their kids.

Do you see Auburn doing any better than this? If we go 4-8 or 5-7, which is entirely likely, we won't have much to sell either.

Losing Faulk is a kick in the teeth in itself. It's still not as bad as what's happening all across the state. To have more in-state talent than any previous year and miss on so many of them is beyond sad, it's downright embarrassing. We're not losing all the top talent to bammer and UGA either. Others are taking kids that should be Auburn's by default. Rivals shows 24 4* prospects in Alabama. Penn State with 2,  UGA, Clemson, FSU, and Tennessee have all picked some off. So far, we have only three.

It used to be a "thing" if a top in-state player went somewhere beside AU or UAT. Sadly, it's becoming the norm.

• Like 5

#1 RB and #1 receiver in Alabama  is nothing to sneeze at!

• Like 2

Our 2023 recruiting will be decided by the on the field record.  All these recruits are hearing is this (and it's coming from every school and every coach (head coach or assistants) in every conference): "You don't want to go to Auburn because Harsin will be fired after this year."  Unless the kid is 1000% sold on AU he is going to commit to another school and see how we do on the field.  They can then flip to AU.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

If it is FSU (and that seems to be the feeling among beat writers) then I could see a flip being more likely. Here is their schedule and how I think it plays out:

• Duquesne - W
  • @ LSU - L
  • @ Louisville - L
  • Boston College - W
  • Wake Forest - L
  • @ NC State - L
  • Clemson - L
  • Georgia Tech - W
  • @ Miami - L
  • @ Syracuse - W
  • Louisiana - W
  • Florida - L

6-6 but I could see them losing to Syracuse and I don't think Boston College/Georgia Tech are guarantees either but I'll give them home-field advantage.

3-6, 5-7, and 6-6 doesn't sound like a coach will keep his job. Should Norvell get fired we might feast on some of their kids.

So now we are feasting on other failing programs?

And what are we in the Harsin era? It's quite possible this scenario could be ours too...so I don't understand this recruiting logic at all. lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

I agree. I actually don't think we really need to worry all that much with the skill positions besides QB, which is a big one. I don't know, just got confidence in Caddy, Ike, and even Bedell to fill those slots. 

The real gut kicker in-state is OL and DL. That's where we're screwing ourself. DL especially seems hopeless. We can land Ramil from Thompson and that'd be a big in-state pull.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinman1 said:

Our 2023 recruiting will be decided by the on the field record.  All these recruits are hearing is this (and it's coming from every school and every coach (head coach or assistants) in every conference): "You don't want to go to Auburn because Harsin will be fired after this year."  Unless the kid is 1000% sold on AU he is going to commit to another school and see how we do on the field.  They can then flip to AU.

A solid point but Faulk chose FSU who went 3-6 in 2020 and 5-7 in 2021. Including a loss to Jax St. If on the field record and coaching security matters most to Faulk, he just made a very interesting choice. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Absolutely HUGE!

Now just keep that 4* train rolling and haul 'em in Coach.  :jossun:

• Like 1

I really, really want to appreciate Cobb and English committing, and I'm trying to back off on Harsin for a few weeks because of it, but this is still...not a good look.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong here but missing on Faulk means we will miss on all ten of the top 10 players in the state of Alabama for 2023 in a absolute loaded year correct? He was our best chance at getting one of the top ten.  😩😭

Dont be bringing reality onto this website! You’ll be labeled a closeted Gus sympathizer. But you’re right. Quite possibly the best recruiting class in the history of this state and we aren’t going to even get one of the top 10. Props to them for bringing in the two that we did. Those are big pickups. But I hope they can find a pipeline in Louisiana or Georgia that pays off this year, because the Bama high school kids don’t want to be at Auburn.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, steeleagle said:

So now we are feasting on other failing programs?

And what are we in the Harsin era? It's quite possible this scenario could be ours too...so I don't understand this recruiting logic at all. lol.

I mean LSU exploding saved our class last year not gonna lie. Just finding possible silver linings. This was a fat L today and there's no denying it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tinman1 said:

It really won’t. By the time ( IF and this is a huge IF) we theoretically have a good enough record for it to make a difference most all the talented big time  recruits will be in someone else’s boat and off the market. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, toddc said:

That’s just not going to be remotely good enough. We have 4 total commits. That’s absolutely terrible. They are all 4 stars but it doesn’t matter when you have so few recruits. Once again for the 37th straight season through 2 different head coaches and several different OL coaches we will have a terrible OL class. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

FSU. We'll see what happens when Norvell goes 6-6 and gets fired.

I mean let’s be real he is most likely going to end up at Clemson because there is a good chance both the fsu and AU staffs both won’t be there next season.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

That’s just not going to be remotely good enough. We have 4 total commits. That’s absolutely terrible. They are all 4 stars but it doesn’t matter when you have so few recruits. Once again for the 37th straight season through 2 different head coaches and several different OL coaches we will have a terrible OL class. 

Don’t disagree with you one ounce brother!

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It really won’t. By the time ( IF and this is a huge IF) we theoretically have a good enough record for it to make a difference most all the talented big time  recruits will be in someone else’s boat and off the market. 

Folks gotta realize most of the recruiting has to be done before the season starts. Winning won’t hurt but by then it’s too late with guys signing in December. The only players left will be the big time players and I doubt we’re getting any of them unless a miracle happens 

Edited by Sizzle
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I mean let’s be real he is most likely going to end up at Clemson because there is a good chance both the fsu and AU staffs both won’t be there next season.

I understand where people are coming from but I'd throw down a crisp $100 Harsin will still be here. That being said, Nick Eason could very well embarrass us again. My thought was Clemson would be full at that point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

I think it's more so the unknown and size of our boards rather than the commits. I mean don't get me wrong 4 is not good, but even almighty A&M is only at 5, with one being a punter. My unease is that we have zero clue who we are targeting at certain positions behind our top guys.

QB: Brock and then who

RB: Got Cobb, but need a second guy. Roderick Robinson is the flip target, but we have no realistic known names

OL: No names at IOL behind Chester and Lew, and no real backups behind Ramil and Hughley at OT besides maybe Genorris Wilson

WR: We have zero clue who Ike really wants besides English. He's told Prean he's backing off, but zero buzz about who he wants.

I can go on and on. Auburn will fill its spots one way or the other, rather through HS or the portal and Juco ranks. But it's very unsettling how quiet things are on who we want

• Like 1

1 minute ago, au302 said:

ng how quiet things are on who we want

I think it’s by design in some cases.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, toddc said:

I think it’s by design in some cases.

I hope so. I'm trying to trust that these guys aren't dumb enough to not have quality backup options. I'm used to Gus going after plan A at all costs and having no backups. This staff isn't giving me any confidence that they got backups though, but I'll wait and see

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I understand where people are coming from but I'd throw down a crisp $100 Harsin will still be here. That being said, Nick Eason could very well embarrass us again. My thought was Clemson would be full at that point.

If he stays then that’s another wasted year in recruiting. Another year we fall behind our rivals. Another year of football purgatory. The people who are out for blood are eventually going to get him. It’s just a matter of when. 

There is absolutely no point to this staff being kept besides our boosters are still in buy out hell from malzahn. This is not a good recruiting staff. There is not 1 elite recruiter on staff. There are barely any good recruiters. If our big time money guys refuse to help football in any significant way with NIL while Harsin is head coach there is absolutely zero justification for keeping this staff around. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 5

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

If he stays then that’s another wasted year in recruiting. Another year we fall behind our rivals. Another year of football purgatory. The people who are out for blood are eventually going to get him. It’s just a matter of when. 

There is absolutely no point to this staff being kept besides our boosters are still in buy out hell from malzahn. This is not a good recruiting staff. There is not 1 elite recruiter on staff. There are barely any good recruiters. If our big time money guys refuse to help football in any significant way with NIL there is absolutely zero justification for keeping them around. 

image.gif.8bc1421abdd15c7478e9c42c010cbcdf.gif

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

There is absolutely no point to this staff being kept besides our boosters are still in buy out hell from malzahn. This is not a good recruiting staff. There is not 1 elite recruiter on staff. There are barely any good recruiters. If our big time money guys refuse to help football in any significant way with NIL while Harsin is head coach there is absolutely zero justification for keeping this staff around. 

I completely understand. Just telling you I would bet money that he is back.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

If all the NIL deals were public , I believe we would see NIL is by far the elite recruiters in high level CFB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2