Jump to content

2023 4* Edge Keldric Faulk flips to AU


Zeek
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DAG said:

 

Also…Erik Killmonger was very in tune with the reality of what was going on in the world around him. That picture doesn’t really fit you, man. Might I suggest this for your profile picture?

 

DF4B16C2-8BB4-4C7C-A075-7D5FA530B28C.jpeg

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





25 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

we AREN’T being negative Nancy’s.

No you said we aren't JUST being negative after saying people have a right to being negative. Not reading all of that crap if you can't even be accurate with the stuff you post. I am going to keep hoping he shuts you the hell up. 

Edited by DAG
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Also…Erik Killmonger was very in tune with the reality of what was going on in the world around him. That picture doesn’t really fit you, man. Might I suggest this for your profile picture?

 

DF4B16C2-8BB4-4C7C-A075-7D5FA530B28C.jpeg

The guy in your picture fits you like a tee though haha

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, DAG said:

No you said we aren't JUST being negative after saying people have a right to being negative. Not reading all of that crap if you can't even be accurate with the stuff you post. I am going to keep hoping he shuts you the hell up. That is the last you are going to get from me

You’re reading that wrong, buddy. I wouldn’t call myself a negative Nancy. Think about this for a minute.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

You’re reading that wrong, buddy. I wouldn’t call myself a negative Nancy. Think about this for a minute.

Ahh well there it is. DENIAL. Makes total sense now. No, you are just a realist, right? I am bored with this now. BYE

Edited by DAG
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Ahh well there it is. DENIAL. Makes total sense now. No, you are just a realist, right? I am bored with this now. BYE

Have a good weekend, buddy! War Eagle!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The way recruiting is going right now has pessimistic people in gloom mode and optimistic people in concern mode (I’m the latter, since I believe Harsin can coach). I really think a good season can turn recruiting around, but we have to keep people’s mind open until then. Whatever your take, it feels bad to be in this position. Here’s hoping to an awesome season, which I believe in until proven otherwise. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2022 at 6:38 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Dont be bringing reality onto this website! You’ll be labeled a closeted Gus sympathizer. But you’re right. Quite possibly the best recruiting class in the history of this state and we aren’t going to even get one of the top 10. Props to them for bringing in the two that we did. Those are big pickups. But I hope they can find a pipeline in Louisiana or Georgia that pays off this year, because the Bama high school kids don’t want to be at Auburn.

Well said, you beat me to it!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/6/2022 at 7:33 PM, AUwent said:

Realistically how many years do you think he gets? Three?

I just don’t think we would’ve landed a 5* in basketball if we were refusing to use NIL. But if the boosters refuse to use it on Harsin, *is* there someone for whom they would use it? See my choice for coach if a change is needed, as I think he’d be such a person.

According to friends in the Auburn athletic department, it is complete BS that boosters won’t use NIL money with Harsin as coach. That is from the athletic department. Now my two senses, it’s just more Harsin excuses!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/8/2022 at 10:39 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

People just react to what they see. Everything isn’t so black and white. If they pick up a good recruit or he makes a good hire, people react positively. If they miss out on someone, people react negatively. This whole, you either follow someone blindly or don’t sh*t is what’s destroying our government. There is such a thing as wanting what’s best for Harsin, the staff, and the players while simultaneously pointing out their flaws as things that can create barriers to Auburn winning. 
 

None of us on this forum have ANY bearing, whatsoever on anything that is Auburn football. We aren’t affecting anything by providing opinions. Maybe we are right, maybe we are wrong and he turns us into Clemson 2.0. Nevertheless, maybe you shouldn’t let other people not having as much confidence as you bother you so much. 

Look at this! I don’t care what you say! This is a huge f’ing deal. Maybe Harsin gets it turned around. But people absolutely have a reason to have negative feelings. And we aren’t just some tiny group of negative Nancy’s. We are in the overwhelming majority, when you take into account people that don’t wear orange and blue goggles.

 

03066AA1-4185-4257-91D2-FC0393CAB0DD.jpeg

61B4DA6E-DB50-4D40-90EE-FE8D7724DDBB.jpeg

1E865170-4C60-430E-994D-4663147E3EC5.jpeg

DBC66798-E688-4169-B488-3A9A2FFABCD9.jpeg

But in “their mind” he’s one of the best coaches in the SEC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, keesler said:

Why hasn’t this thread been moved now that Faulk has committed elsewhere?

Idk but maybe there’s a tone that his recruitment isn’t over?   I honestly have no idea....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2022 at 4:27 AM, AU-24 said:

According to friends in the Auburn athletic department, it is complete BS that boosters won’t use NIL money with Harsin as coach. That is from the athletic department. Now my two senses, it’s just more Harsin excuses!

From what I just saw in the 2023 recruiting thread Zeek indicated that we were only number 3 for Thurman with Ohio State winning out because of NIL and that Jackson went to Florida because of NIL and it was close to home. That doesn't seem to jibe with what you said about your friends in the athletic department who by the way are not allowed to be directly involved in the NIL discussions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

From what I just saw in the 2023 recruiting thread Zeek indicated that we were only number 3 for Thurman with Ohio State winning out because of NIL and that Jackson went to Florida because of NIL and it was close to home. That doesn't seem to jibe with what you said about your friends in the athletic department who by the way are not allowed to be directly involved in the NIL discussions.

How does anyone other than the player and the money guy know how much, if any, NIL money was offered? How does anybody else know how much NIL money, if any, Auburn boosters offered?

If a booster offers NIL money as an inducement to sign, that's an NCAA violation. Auburn should report these violations at once, assuming they happened.

I'm not buying the "we got out-bid" story. For one thing, nobody in the AU camp should know that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

How does anyone other than the player and the money guy know how much, if any, NIL money was offered? How does anybody else know how much NIL money, if any, Auburn boosters offered?

If a booster offers NIL money as an inducement to sign, that's an NCAA violation. Auburn should report these violations at once, assuming they happened.

I'm not buying the "we got out-bid" story. For one thing, nobody in the AU camp should know that.

That is funny you jumped right on that yet when the person I was responding to had stated that his friends inside athletic department assured him NIL was not an  issue. It is funny you didn't make the same comment to that poster when he said his people confirmed NIL was not an issue. According to you nobody knows what happens with NIL money.

 

Your not buying it because it means that recruiting woes may not all be on Harsin.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Your not buying it because it means that recruiting woes may not all be on Harsin.

If (huge IF) the money boys aren't putting up NIL money, then that's entirely and 100% on Harsin. Quoting coach Tuberville, from years ago "The business we are in is sales". If Harsin is incapable of selling his vision for Auburn to our important financial backers, then that's all on Harsin.

PS: It's entirely reasonable for people inside the athletic dept. to know if NIL money is available. That's very different from having the detailed knowledge that would be required to state that any specific school has been outbid for a prospect.

Edited by Mikey
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

If (huge IF) the money boys aren't putting up NIL money, then that's entirely and 100% on Harsin. Quoting coach Tuberville, from years ago "The business we are in is sales". If Harsin is incapable of selling his vision for Auburn to our important financial backers, then that's all on Harsin.

PS: It's entirely reasonable for people inside the athletic dept. to know if NIL money is available. That's very different from having the detailed knowledge that would be required to state that any specific school has been outbid for a prospect.

You got to be a bama guy.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

If (huge IF) the money boys aren't putting up NIL money, then that's entirely and 100% on Harsin. Quoting coach Tuberville, from years ago "The business we are in is sales". If Harsin is incapable of selling his vision for Auburn to our important financial backers, then that's all on Harsin.

PS: It's entirely reasonable for people inside the athletic dept. to know if NIL money is available. That's very different from having the detailed knowledge that would be required to state that any specific school has been outbid for a prospect.

It is not a question of is NIL money available. It is is there enough NIL money to compete? As to how people would know if we are getting out bid. I am sure when coaches talk with recruits some will say something like so and so school said I could get x amount from their NIL people and Auburn isn't willing to do as much. Plus we have had multiple people say Auburn was late getting setup and was dis-organized.  I agree to a point it is on Harsin to mend bridges and get the money guys behind him but because he was not their choice from the beginning and then to have had the February debacle it is probably a very difficult if not close to impossible task unless he wins this year which will help some with this class but will be to late as so many will have already committed. A lot of recruits want commitment out of the way before their season starts. As you have said many times a very low percentage of committed players flip.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

If (huge IF) the money boys aren't putting up NIL money, then that's entirely and 100% on Harsin. Quoting coach Tuberville, from years ago "The business we are in is sales". If Harsin is incapable of selling his vision for Auburn to our important financial backers, then that's all on Harsin.

PS: It's entirely reasonable for people inside the athletic dept. to know if NIL money is available. That's very different from having the detailed knowledge that would be required to state that any specific school has been outbid for a prospect.

THIS might be THE worst take I've read on this topic! All this shows is that Yella Fella & Co. are STILL dead set on getting rid of Harsin. Even if that means sabotaging CBH recruiting efforts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

THIS might be THE worst take I've read on this topic! All this shows is that Yella Fella & Co. are STILL dead set on getting rid of Harsin. Even if that means sabotaging CBH recruiting efforts.

If some one or some group is sabotaging AU's recruiting efforts they are certainly succeeding!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

 As to how people would know if we are getting out bid. I am sure when coaches talk with recruits some will say something like so and so school said I could get x amount from their NIL people and Auburn isn't willing to do as much.

If coaches are discussing NIL money with recruits, they are violating the NCAA rules. AU should turn these people in.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 10:29 PM, Mikey said:

If coaches are discussing NIL money with recruits, they are violating the NCAA rules. AU should turn these people in.

Of course coaches don't discuss NIL with Recruits, but you are dealing with 17-19 year old kids. So nothing would prevent the kid from saying to coach this schools NIL program said they could get me so much. Then our coaches would give the obligatory answer we are not allowed to get involved with NIL.

So to think the coaches don't know that we are not matching NIL is naïve. The recruits talk and the word gets out there. That is why we are getting reports that we are being outbid when it comes to NIL.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2022 at 10:29 PM, Mikey said:

If coaches are discussing NIL money with recruits, they are violating the NCAA rules. AU should turn these people in.

They can't "directly" discuss specifics about NIL.  But they damn sure can tell he recruit the right people to see/contact to get specifics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RunInRed changed the title to 2023 4* ER Keldric Faulk flips to AU
  • ellitor changed the title to 2023 4* Edge Keldric Faulk flips to AU

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...