2023 4* Edge Keldric Faulk flips to AU

Zeek

13 hours ago, tinman1 said:

They can't "directly" discuss specifics about NIL.  But they damn sure can tell he recruit the right people to see/contact to get specifics.

But, that doesn't tell our recruiters how much the other guys offered. The statement was made that AU was out-bid. How could anyone legally know that?

On 7/15/2022 at 1:07 PM, Mikey said:

How does anyone other than the player and the money guy know how much, if any, NIL money was offered? How does anybody else know how much NIL money, if any, Auburn boosters offered?

If a booster offers NIL money as an inducement to sign, that's an NCAA violation. Auburn should report these violations at once, assuming they happened.

I'm not buying the "we got out-bid" story. For one thing, nobody in the AU camp should know that.

Many on here, just can’t figure out the NIL money, is business related, it is not booster related.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

But, that doesn't tell our recruiters how much the other guys offered. The statement was made that AU was out-bid. How could anyone legally know that?

You are right, but we're in a totally new world where legalities mean absolutely nothing, in sports or anything else.  The NCAA is not enforcing anything on the big boy teams and they are not just bendng the rules, they're  breaking them into little pieces.  From the outside looking in, I think Auburn and a few other teams are trying to play within the rules but our major competitors are not.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just listened and watched Lane Kiffin's SEC Media days Q&A with reporters.  He outright said some teams are CHEATING with their use of NIL and mentioned their powerfull boosters.  He didn't name names like Jimbo, but he at least said in public what everyone else knows is going on.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
15 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Does anyone know if Auburn is still pushing hard for Faulk?  

Since we already have two committed at that position I'm guessing he's not a priority. I do suppose that if he called AU and wanted in we'd take him.

On 7/17/2022 at 11:29 PM, AU-24 said:

Many on here, just can’t figure out the NIL money, is business related, it is not booster related.

Ahhhh, not so sure bout that. In some cases the booster is running the business

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yep. In most cases with local businesses its 100% boosters funding NIL.  

Im sure there are some national NIL contracts in the works, but for the most part it’s local/regional businesses driving the NIL contracts. 

5 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I hear what you’re saying and understand; now understand what I’m saying. Is Amazon an Auburn booster?

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I hear what your saying, now understand what Im saying.... I said in SOME cases the booster and the business is one in the same. There are exceptions of course.

My guess is booster being the business makes up the vast majority of NIL cases.

Like our O linemen got free steaks from Mike's steakhouse which would be NIL through business. Probably about as weak an NIL offer as you could get but I guess it something. 

Texas linemen got a guarantee of $50,000 per year for every lineman that signs with them. That is coming from a non-profit charity organization which is an organization created for boosters to pay players. That is what most of NIL will end up being. There was also another group paying them so each O linemen was getting a guaranteed $150,000 per year. 

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I hear what your saying, now understand what Im saying.... I said in SOME cases the booster and the business is one in the same. There are exceptions of course.

That's a good one:cheers:

8 minutes ago, nurbis said:

My guess is booster being the business makes up the vast majority of NIL cases.

Like our O linemen got free steaks from Mike's steakhouse which would be NIL through business. Probably about as weak an NIL offer as you could get but I guess it something. 

Texas linemen got a guarantee of $50,000 per year for every lineman that signs with them. That is coming from a non-profit charity organization which is an organization created for boosters to pay players. That is what most of NIL will end up being. There was also another group paying them so each O linemen was getting a guaranteed $150,000 per year. 

Yep. But Au 24 thinks boosters and NIL aren't tied together 

• Like 1

We seem to be getting a few people talking about Falk. Is there a reason as he seems to be showing some interest or did somebody just mention him and the post took office.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We seem to be getting a few people talking about Falk. Is there a reason as he seems to be showing some interest or did somebody just mention him and the post took office.

The latter.

1 hour ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Well, we'd better get to pushing!!

1 hour ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Well, we'd better get to pushing!!

It makes no sense at all if we are not already pushing for both!!

8 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

It makes no sense at all if we are not already pushing for both!!

100% agree! I just don't think we have much of a shot, if any at getting QR at the moment.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 10:39 AM, AuburnNTexas said:

I bumped the thread because it was still residing on Auburn Recruiting and hadn't been moved to Rivals.  I simply wondered if Auburn was still hoping for a flip?

• 4 months later...
  • RunInRed changed the title to 2023 4* ER Keldric Faulk flips to AU