Joseph Gonzales Named to USA Collegiate National Team

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I feel like he has quite a good bit of similarities to Keegan Thompson. Lower velo than some of his other rotation mates(Keegan was slower than Daniel and Mize, but Tommy John recovery may be why because he has good velo now), Gonzo was slower than Bright/Barnett, but Gonzo/Keegan had very good pitchability. Keegan did have a great curveball and Gonzo was more cutter/slider. I can see Gonzo going in the 3rd round where Keegan went last year if he had the same season as last year without injury, but I think he can improve and get drafted higher.

Edited by warbiscuit

8 hours ago, warbiscuit said:

I feel like he has quite a good bit of similarities to Keegan Thompson. Lower velo than some of his other rotation mates(Keegan was slower than Daniel and Mize, but Tommy John recovery may be why because he has good velo now), Gonzo was slower than Bright/Barnett, but Gonzo/Keegan had very good pitchability. Keegan did have a great curveball and Gonzo was more cutter/slider. I can see Gonzo going in the 3rd round where Keegan went last year if he had the same season as last year without injury, but I think he can improve and get drafted higher.

Keegan is having a good year with the Cubs last I saw he was 7-3 with a 3.41 ERA

• Like 2

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7/6/2022 at 7:25 AM, augolf1716 said:

Keegan is having a good year with the Cubs last I saw he was 7-3 with a 3.41 ERA

A Cy Young year considering he is playing for the Cubs. Buncha bums, I tell ya, buncha bums.

• Like 1