Missed Another One

Proud Tiger

Article posted 

Auburn Football received great news on Monday, as four-star wide receiver Karmello English from nearby Phenix City committed to the Tigers, giving them their second four-star commitment over a three-day period.  Head coach Bryan Harsin hoped that his fortune would double by landing another commitment on Monday from four-star linebacker Phil Picciotti.

Those plans did not work out, as Picciotti announced that he would be heading to Oklahoma.

However, Auburn fans should not worry, as the Tigers are in good shape to land one, if not two talented linebackers from the 2023 recruiting cycle.

For the 2023 class, Auburn has extended an offer to 27 linebackers across the nation, and are currently the favorites to earn commitments from two of those says On3.

Auburn is currently the favorite to grab Lewis Carter, a four-star linebacker from Tampa, Florida. Carter is the No. 12 linebacker in the country, and the No. 35 overall recruit from the state of Florida. According to On3, Auburn has a 28% chance to grab Carter’s commitment, with UCF not far behind.

What moved Auburn ahead of programs such as Oklahoma and North Carolina was a very successful official visit during the weekend of June 17-19. It also helps that his head coach at Tampa Catholic High School is former Tiger, Jeris McIntyre.

Eric Muse, a three-star linebacker from Jackson-Olin High School in Birmingham is another recruit that is favored to commit to Auburn. Muse received an offer from Auburn last July, and the Tigers have received a 92.6% chance to get the commitment from Muse.

• Like 1

Quoting from above:

However, Auburn fans should not worry, as the Tigers are in good shape to land one, if not two talented linebackers from the 2023 recruiting cycle.

For the 2023 class, Auburn has extended an offer to 27 linebackers across the nation, and are currently the favorites to earn commitments from two of those says On3.

So, according to the above article we have a 28%chance of beating UCF out for one linebacker in Florida and are likely to land a 3* LB from B'ham. Apparently the other 25 we offered aren't interested?

If an AU fan didn't feel too good about our LB recruiting before reading this article, he'll certainly feel bad after reading it.

Edited by Mikey
  • Like 4

Kentucky just got a commitment from 4* DB Avery Stuart from Montgomery. He claims he chose UK over Auburn and FSU. Tempted to post a link to "Another One Bites The Dust".

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

7 hours ago, Mikey said:

Kentucky just got a commitment from 4* DB Avery Stuart from Montgomery. He claims he chose UK over Auburn and FSU. Tempted to post a link to "Another One Bites The Dust".

Losing 4* Montgomery kids to Kentucky. What a time to be alive!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Harsin is getting curb stomped in recruiting. No other way to look at it. Gus' guys are largely gone after this season. I hate that my daughter's 4 years at Auburn are likely to be a 1998-2001 type of stretch. 

Edited by BigBlueWDE
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BigBlueWDE said:

Harsin is getting curb stomped in recruiting. No other way to look at it. Gus' guys are largely gone after this season. I hate that my daughter's 4 years at Auburn is likely to be a 1998-2001 type of stretch. 

Look at the positives, she's had a hell of a time with Bruce & his bunch.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Which actually lines up with the Cliff Ellis/Chris Porter run!

On 7/12/2022 at 3:10 PM, BigBlueWDE said:

Harsin is getting curb stomped in recruiting. No other way to look at it. Gus' guys are largely gone after this season. I hate that my daughter's 4 years at Auburn are likely to be a 1998-2001 type of stretch. 

As I’m sure you know, there are some on here that will defend him to the core, including his recruiting.

• Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 9:04 PM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Losing 4* Montgomery kids to Kentucky. What a time to be alive!

Why don’t we drive the Auburn Bank Brinks truck up to Kentucky, back it into Stoops driveway, then unload pallets of hundred dollar bills into his living room, until he says yes?!

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Why don’t we drive the Auburn Bank Brinks truck up to Kentucky, back it into Stoops driveway, then unload pallets of hundred dollar bills into his living room, until he says yes?!

He is 59-53 since being at Kentucky. Thats a good reason not to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

He is in the SEC East which means an easier schedule then Auburn in SEC west.  

8 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Found on the internet: "With the conclusion of the 2015 season, Kentucky now has a 171-399-20 record all-time against teams that currently make up the SEC."

I didn't bother looking farther than that, but a 59-53 record at Kentucky is impressive when their history is considered.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

Yeah lets get the Brinks $$$ truck up to Ky for him......:-\ 

We have a coach presently lets see what happens down the road but a big fat no on Stoops

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Agree, might be a wonderful coach but would require us to support and give him time to improve as he has had time at Kentucky. Wish we would do that with Harsin.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

23 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Don’t know about his daughter’s preferences, but I think a lot more fondly about 2018-19 basketball than I do about 2017-18 football…

9 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Big difference in recruits AU vs UK. That is before Harsin got to AU.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah lets get the Brinks $$$ truck up to Ky for him......:-\ 

We have a coach presently lets see what happens down the road but a big fat no on Stoops

This is the dumb stuff I am talking about. Yes, let's make the Kentucky guy, who is respectable at best, the richest dude in the SEC.

• Like 2

On 7/13/2022 at 10:24 PM, Mikey said:

Found on the internet: "With the conclusion of the 2015 season, Kentucky now has a 171-399-20 record all-time against teams that currently make up the SEC."

I didn't bother looking farther than that, but a 59-53 record at Kentucky is impressive when their history is considered.

Stoops rated in the top three to top five SEC coaches by just about everyone. Can you imagine if he was coaching in more fertile recruiting grounds like Auburn?

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 9:16 AM, DAG said:

This is the dumb stuff I am talking about. Yes, let's make the Kentucky guy, who is respectable at best, the richest dude in the SEC.

Yes, Harsin is making the new Auburn, more like the Kentucky of old.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:32 PM, AU-24 said:

Yes, Harsin is making the new Auburn, more like the Kentucky of old.

I don’t mind having a conversation with anyone but your constant negative crap is getting old. 

Edited by provibe
Left out a word

2 hours ago, provibe said:

I don’t mind having a conversation with anyone but your constant negative crap is getting old. 

I am a realist. There hasn’t been a whole lot of positivity in the football program since Harsin’s been hired. Should we make up positive things and be happy about them to feel good about our football program?

• Like 1