Big Cat Recruiting Weekend

toddc

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Yes

Great to see you posting.

• Thanks 1

A’mon Lane’s commitment at 1:45. Was pushed back for a while.

5 minutes ago, toddc said:

A’mon Lane’s commitment at 1:45. Was pushed back for a while.

He already recorded the video 

From 247. Free updates.

12:57 p.m. (JC) Linebacker Marcellus Pulliam just got to campus. He's a linebacker from Sandy Creek that Auburn really likes. 

12:50 p.m. (JC) 4-star OT Bo Hughley just walked into the complex. A huge, huge deal to get him on campus today

12:29 p.m. (JC)-4-star Ohio State tight end commitment Jelani Thurman just walked in. Obviously a big deal to get him on campus.

12:13 p.m. (CC): 2024 4-star quarterback Adrian Posse, with offensive coordinator Eric Kiesau by his side, just arrived. Darren Uscher is with him. We have Posse on commit watch for today.

11:57 a.m. (CC): Pike Road is in the house. That includes 2023 offensive lineman Vysen Lang and 2024 defensive lineman Malik Blocton

11:57 a.m. (CC): 4-star Auburn safety commit Terrance Love is here now with some family members.

11:51 a.m. (CC): The Anniston crew is here. That includes Jayden Lewis, Grayshaun Swain, Malachi Harris and Hezekiah Harris and some other talented players. Bunch of guys out of Anniston.

11:50 a.m. (CC): Top 2024 WR Malcolm Simmons just arrived. He's the No. 100 player in the 247Sports rankings

11:49 a.m. (CC): Big offensive lineman Gernorris Wilson just arrived. He's a guy who could play guard or tackle in college, and Auburn is pushing pretty hard for him.

11:47 a.m. (CC): A trio of Central Phenix City guys just arrived: Commit Karmello English, 2024 WR Cameron Coleman and 2024 CB Jayden Coleman.

11:43 a.m. (CC): 2025 DL Malik Autry is here. He may be a 2025, but he's one of the best looking kids here. Huge frame.

11:40 a.m. (CC): Auburn commit Jeremiah Cobb along with some family members are here.

11:38 a.m. (CC): 2024 linebacker Bradley Shaw just arrived. He was a late addition who confirmed he'd be visiting this morning. He received an Auburn offer in July.

11:31 a.m. (CC): 2024 4-star quarterback Air Noland is here with his dad. One of the many guys out of Langston Hughes that Auburn is recruiting. The rest of the Langston Hughes guys coming in today will be here shortly.

11:29 a.m. (CC): JC Hart is here. Don't count out a commitment from the Loachapoka cornerback today, but as of right now he's planning to make that choice in the next week or two at his school.

11:25 a.m. (CC): Bradyn Joiner just walked into the complex. As did big offensive lineman Tyler Johnson. I would not be surprised if he gets an Auburn offer today.

11:19 a.m. (CC): Sterling Dixon along with some family members just arrived. He visited LSU yesterday, was offered by Alabama on Monday and Texas A&M on Thursday. He's a guy who I had on commit watch initially, now it'd be a little bit of a surprise if he chose to today, but don't count it out.

11:05 a.m. (CC): The two recruits from Enterprise are here: 2024 DB Keion Dunlap and 2025 ATH Eric Winters.

11:00 a.m. (CC): Big offensive tackle Jatavius Shivers just arrived with his family members. No offer yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he left today with an offer. Former Vandy commit.

10:52 a.m. (CC): J'Marion Burnette and some of his coaches got here. Big 4-star recruit in the Class of 2024

10:41 a.m. (CC): A big group of recruits from Miami-Palmetto just arrived. That includes 2025 WR Cameron Sapp, 2024 ATH Jacorey Barney and 2024 ATH Javon Reid and Willis McGahee IV.

10:38 a.m. (CC): Add 2024 LB Bradley Shaw to the list. We just confirmed that he'll be coming today.

10:35 a.m. (CC): Nebraska edge commit Ashley Williams is here with his trainer. Whole barrage of coaches and staffers go out to greet him. He'll be staying until tomorrow.

10:30 a.m. (CC): Ronnie Royal III just arrived. He had his helmet and was ready to roll like it was a camp, the coaches loved that. Super dynamic athlete out of Gulf Shores.

10:25 a.m. (CC): Justus Terry just arrived, he was someone we didn't know was coming until he walked in the door and we learned his name. You get those with Big Cat, surprise additions at the last second. He's a 2025 defensive lineman, and he's absolutely massive already. Has an offer from Georgia already.

10:14 a.m. (CC): Kavion Henderson is the second one to arrive with a couple of family members

10:04 a.m. (JC)-A'Mon Lane just arrived with about 20 family members and friends. He's the first player to show up today. I don't think that's the last news we'll have from him today.

9:52 a.m. (JC)- Just spoke to former Auburn OL Chad Slade. The longtime NFL vet is done with football and begins his first year of coaching at Moody. He's coming to Auburn today with A'Mon Lane and family for the Big Cat visit. Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with him later today.

9:10 a.m. (CC) - Coaches and staff are starting to filter into the complex. Check-in starts at 11:30.

8:05 a.m. (CC) - 2024 DB Jayden Lewis tells me he'll be at Big Cat today. He's a top-200 guy in the Class of 2024 and someone who has been here quite a bit now. Nice little late addition to the list.

https://247sports.com/college/auburn/Article/Auburn-football-has-its-biggest-recruiting-weekend-of-the-year-happening-on-Saturday-190721729/

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

"Gentlemen, at Big Cat Weekend if you've felt the tug of Auburn on your heart. If you want to have peace and be forgiven for all your prior sins (like talking to kirby or nick), if you want to get through those pearly gates and sit at the right hand of the presenters at a hall of fame ceremony in Canton, just come down to the front of the room to the big cat altar. We have staff down here in front of the altar and they're just gonna pray a simple prayer with you and let you sign a piece of paper."

giphy.gif

Edited by AUx
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

👉 CB

It's official. A'Mon Lane and Adrian Posse onboard. Might have a silent on as well according to Zach Etheridge tweet. Days not over yet

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2

SATURDAY: 2:47 p.m. — We asked if more commitments are coming today. Source at Auburn “Possible.”

23 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Admit it; you missed him.

For all of 4 seconds.

Goldfish >>> Golf

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, AUFightingSoldiers said:

But if we got to this time next year and we had missed on all of these kids it would be a problem, right? Getting an early head start on classes is how teams have 20 commits in July and can speak volumes about recruits' perceptions of our program. If not having them committed is a bad sign, the opposite must be true about them committing. 

Oh, I agree that getting '24 commits now is better than not getting them. I simply don't think the '24 guys are anything to get all excited about at this time.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Oh, I agree that getting '24 commits now is better than not getting them. I simply don't think the '24 guys are anything to get all excited about at this time.

One is a QB who is a key piece in any class. That is the kind of player you want early and build a class around.

This is super important for future but whether it will help with 2023 class is debatable. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I know it's early Mikey but come on, with all the gloom from the past few weeks regarding our recruiting outlook I think excitement is in order. If the recruits are excited about Auburn then I'll be excited about the recruit. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, gr82be said:

I know it's early Mikey but come on, with all the gloom from the past few weeks regarding our recruiting outlook I think excitement is in order. If the recruits are excited about Auburn then I'll be excited about the recruit. 

Remember Paul Newman's line from a movie "Show me the money"? I feel like at this time the money is with class of '23 recruits. As of this morning, we were still 13th out of 14 in the SEC and there's that embarrassing Sports Illustrated article placing AU in the five most disappointing recruiting classes in the country. We need a LOT more than pie in the sky '24 and '25 guys to change this unfortunate situation.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

23 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Gotcha. Thanks for explaining