Big Cat Recruiting Weekend

toddc

40 minutes ago, DAG said:

If you guys would stop responding to this pathological liar, he would cease to exist. Some serious positives happen yesterday and I am excited to see where this momentum will take us. Football season is around the corner y’all.

I agree with you. That's a good approach.. There is no way he believes all the stuff he says.. He has a bad case of the "Gustavs" that he can't shake and his way  of passive aggressively dealing with it is to hate on all things Harsin.  Maybe it will run its course or someone will develop a vaccine soon.. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I agree with you. That's a good approach.. There is no way he believes all the stuff he says.. He has a bad case of the "Gustavs" that he can't shake and his way  of passive aggressively dealing with it is to hate on all things Harsin.  Maybe it will run its course or someone will develop a vaccine soon.. 

Exactly. He spins a narrative to try to get you to respond. You respond. He Tells you to quote him. You quote him then he spins it again. Then you go down the rabbit hole. I learned quickly how much he hates when you don't respond.

In other news, I think the momentum is coming soon. I know we are antsy to get some 2023 commitments. If we get one, I believe a domino effect will occur, but more importantly, we need the season to get here fast.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nurbis said:

It is a fact we had a losing season last year but pretending it was somehow different than 2015 is a bit silly. The big difference was a 12 win top 20 ranked Houston team in last year's bowl game vs a 9 win Memphis team with no head coach in the 2015 bowl game. 

Having a losing season last year is not a narrative. Pretending it was different than 2015, that is a narrative.  

Good point. Not to mention it coming in year 3 for Gus as opposed to the first year for Harsin. But I’m sure the excuse would be that Gus just didn’t have his players on campus yet. 

Criticizing the current coach is fine, that’s what message boards are for. Criticizing any aspect of the program is fine, it’s to be expected. But to intentionally downplay positive recruiting results by moving the goalposts to imply that recruits for the 2024 class aren’t important is being intentionally contrarian to fit a narrative. Harsin has been far from perfect and yeah, most Auburn fans are in a wait and see mode with him. But if you’re an Auburn fan, you can still be excited/happy that Auburn made some seemingly big headway with a lot of guys this weekend and secured commitments from two of the top guys for our 2024 class. To ignore that is just as childish as someone calling out Gus for any of the boneheaded decisions he made as HC, even when most of those criticisms are warranted.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

Quote some lies of mine, please. I've caught you in telling the same lie at least three times and strongly suspect that you told a fourth lie but I can't prove that one.

Mikey, I'm sure you're a good man, but I do think at some point you're gonna have to look in the mirror as to why everyone gets riled up with you though. Either you're the smartest guy in the room and we are all total idiots, or maybe, just maybe, you have a side in you that enjoys making others miserable. Self-reflection isn't a bad thing. I do it all the time. 

Because we all have faults and that's normal, but man, it gets exhausting my brother. Life is too short to not enjoy the small wins in our program. We all know that we're not where we want to be, but you gotta enjoy the journey. Instead of soaking in that we just got a 5 star talent at QB with others on here and enjoying the moment, we are now here.... again.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

The Mikey trashing is out of place, over the decades he's posted many astute posts, some wildly unpopular (e.g. criticizing Gus' approach to LB recruiting) that were spot on. Flip side of being overly sensitive to consistent criticism of Harsin is the Gus-Dimentia Syndrome clique where all things Malzahn are despised with every thread of their existence. Works both ways.

Edited by aucanucktiger
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Exactly. He spins a narrative to try to get you to respond. You respond. He Tells you to quote him. You quote him then he spins it again. Then you go down the rabbit hole. I learned quickly how much he hates when you don't respond.

In other news, I think the momentum is coming soon. I know we are antsy to get some 2023 commitments. If we get one, I believe a domino effect will occur, but more importantly, we need the season to get here fast.

We can get commits, but then it will still be “They’re not rated very high.” If we get flips, it will be “We’ll see if they stick.” If we get high ranking recruits, it will be, “we still whiffed on our first major targets.” How you cannot be excited about Posse is beyond me. I’m interested to see the spin if we start catching the O-line recruits and those flips that are in the air. After months of reasons to be concerned, there are a ton of reasons to be optimistic right now. And I for one am very optimistic about the season. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

The Mikey trashing is out of place, over the decades he's posted many astute posts, some wildly unpopular (e.g. criticizing Gus' approach to LB recruiting) that were spot on. Flip side of being overly sensitive to consistent criticism of Harsin is the Gus-Dimentia Syndrome clique where all things Malzahn are despised with every thread of their existence. Works both ways.

right on. And recruiting threads should never have a reference to John Stuart Mill. Oh, wait...

giphy.gif

• Like 1

Back on point, Bo Hughley is going to decommit from UGA, as has been predicted, and come our way. Also looks like Ashley Williams is going to flip from Nebraska to us either later today or sometime tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Hughley isn't that highly rated, and we will see if Williams sticks.   I kid, I kid.

You tryin to get a shot in b4 Mikey?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, DAG said:

If you guys would stop responding to this pathological liar, he would cease to exist. Some serious positives happen yesterday and I am excited to see where this momentum will take us. Football season is around the corner y’all.

Honestly, it gotten to the point where I'll quote him but then just delete it because whats the point in trying to educate someone who only operates in bad faith, never admits when they are wrong, reverts to personal insults when they can't come up with anything to refute statements and thinks they are the smartest cookie in the jar.

It's futile and a waste of my time.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

You tryin to get a shot in b4 Mikey?

We could sign Tom Brady's clone and people would still find the lead lining instead of silver

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Quote some lies of mine, please. I've caught you in telling the same lie at least three times and strongly suspect that you told a fourth lie but I can't prove that one.

200.gif.58a7f32a2b8d2d665179d41323d835e7.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, au302 said:

Mikey, I'm sure you're a good man, but I do think at some point you're gonna have to look in the mirror as to why everyone gets riled up with you though. Either you're the smartest guy in the room and we are all total idiots, or maybe, just maybe, you have a side in you that enjoys making others miserable. Self-reflection isn't a bad thing. I do it all the time. 

Because we all have faults and that's normal, but man, it gets exhausting my brother. Life is too short to not enjoy the small wins in our program. We all know that we're not where we want to be, but you gotta enjoy the journey. Instead of soaking in that we just got a 5 star talent at QB with others on here and enjoying the moment, we are now here.... again.

If everywhere you go you encounter @**holes...

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Mikey hasn't posted reasonable objective analysis in years. I even remember talking with my Dad as a kid and he told me Mikey was a reliable source on AuburnEagle for everything linebackers.

He spits in his general direction now.  Kinda sad to see a once reputable poster become infamous and maligned on the forums for terribly subjective takes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Didba said:

I even remember talking with my Dad as a kid and he told me Mikey was a reliable source on AuburnEagle for everything linebackers.

I feel old now. I can only imagine how Golf feels.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

I feel old now. I can only imagine how Golf feels.

Oh I remember you, Golf, Bird, amongst others from AuburnEagle. I remember how annoyed I was when the sites merged lol!

The old man is still kicking around this site, though, not posting near as much. I've picked up the slack for him😅

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Didba said:

The old man is still kicking around this site, though, not posting near as much. I've picked up the slack for him

worstdealever.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

I feel wonderful.....age is only a number

That's good to hear. We need you around to keep bigbird in check.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

• Like 1