Favorite AU Softball Player 2022

Everyone has their favorites but for me it was #12, Carlee McCondichie.  Thought she played very well in the outfield at beginning of 2022 season then did excellent job taking over at 2nd base after injury to Bryant.  Very good speed and versatile hitter.  Seems very business-like in her approach to the game.  Below is from the AU Softball Roster page.

2022 | JUNIOR SEASON:
One of two student-athletes to appear in all 57 contests … started 56 games with 30 starts in left field and 26 at second base … spending most of the season at the bottom of the order, led the team with 46 hits and a .338 batting average … finished third on the team with 10 multi-hit games … scored 32 runs to finish second on the squad … knocked six doubles, two triples and four home runs and held a .500 slugging percentage with 21 RBI … added four multi-RBI efforts … posted a .372 on-base percentage with help of seven walks … closed the season with eight stolen bases on 10 attempts … committed just two errors to post a .977 fielding percentage … named to the Tiger Invitational, Plainsman Invite and Jane B. Moore Memorial All-Tournament Teams … matched her career high with three runs scored in Auburn’s season opener against Seton Hall (2/11) … went 2-for-2 with her first collegiate triple and a career high three RBI versus St. John’s (2/13) … with a two-run blast versus Wisconsin (2/18) at the St. Pete Clearwater Elite Invitational, knocked her first home run since Feb. 16, 2020 versus UNCW … turned in a three-hit performance against ULM (2/25), adding a double and a run scored … was her first three-hit effort since March 8, 2020 at Florida … went 3-for-3 with three runs scored, three RBI and two home runs against North Carolina A&T (3/5) … first player in Auburn history to hit an inside-the-park home run and an out-of-the-park home run in the same game … following Denver Bryant’s season-ending injury, moved to second base against Alabama State (3/30) and remained at the position for the remainder of the season … slugged a three-run home run against No. 15 Georgia (4/29) to give the Tigers a lead to complete Auburn’s comeback victory … went 2-for-3 with a pair of runs scored in Auburn’s win over Louisiana (5/20) at the Clemson Regional.

Bri Ellis sure got my attention; especially being a freshman.  I thought played a good 1st base and of course her power at the plate.  Again, another business-like player.  Also loved the energy of Lisenby.  Lot of players to like; these are just a few I will mention. Look forward to watching them going forward.  Who caught your eye?  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Everyone has their favorites but for me it was #12, Carlee McCondichie. 

Good choice! Now, I am a baseball guy, never coached an inning of softball but Carlee is the type of player I could win with.

Edited by Mikey

Lisenby. Her energy was so infectious and spread throughout the entire team. Even Penta who didn't show that much emotion in the early season started to get fired up after a great ending to an at bat.

Love them all, but have to acknowledge the job done by Maddie Penta, who pretty much pitched us through the season after it became apparent that Lowe's injury wouldn't allow her to pitch at her former level.  Without checking, I think she was credited with 25 of our 40 wins.  Her self-control, confidence and resilience were crucial to the success we had.  Looking forward to next season, when we'll have a rehabilitated Lowe, Dismukes, Widra, and Rolfe to share the load.

Edited by OlderWhiskey
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Love them all, but have to acknowledge the job done by Maddie Penta, who pretty much pitched us through the season after it became apparent that Lowe's injury wouldn't allow her to pitch at her former level.  Without checking, I think she was credited with 25 of our 40 wins.  Her self-control, confidence and resilience were crucial to the success we had.  Looking forward to next season, when we'll have a rehabilitated Lowe, Widra, and Rolfe to share the load.

Must agree.  Very strong case for Penta.  She clearly "matured" from freshman season to soph. season and was a warrior.  Don't know how I could have left her off my list. If you are going to battle, you want her on your team.  There is much to like about a lot of these players

Mine are all the young ladies that wear the Auburn uniform….

• Like 1