Games in Israel Thread

toddc

Think a lot of you guys are putting to much emphasis on this game. We're mixing up rotations A LOT and playing one of, if not the best, team we'll face all season.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Think a lot of you guys are putting to much emphasis on this game. We're mixing up rotations A LOT and playing one of, if not the best, team we'll face all season.

I think the limited sample suggests (at this time) Allen, KD, Zep and Wendell are similar players to what we saw in March. As you’d expect. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

Not really. Expecting KD to play smarter. Other than that. Team has been fine

• Like 1

We also played yesterday and the team we are playing has a ton more experience with one another and playing the game in general. Fans 😂

• Like 3

KD fouls out.

Guess it was only 2 shots and not 3.

Makes both.

86-79 Israel.

Broome post up!!

86-81 Israel. And another foul on Auburn before Israel gets the inbounds in.

Green goes inside, misses and doesn't get the foul call. :(

A lot of missed putback chances.

Fast break dunk for Israel.

90-81.

Broome inside again.

90-83

I'm sorry, but KD Johnson is just not a good fit for this team.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

I think the limited sample suggests (at this time) Allen, KD, Zep and Wendell are similar players to what we saw in March. As you’d expect. 

I don’t feel negatively about this performance at all. Very happy with this team. We will be very good again. I think it’s fair to critique the play though, that’s the fun of a place like this.

• Like 1

Alley oop for Israel.

92-83

Missed 3 for Auburn and Israel hits a 3 on the other end.

95-83 Israel.

Zep hits a 3 to keep it within single-digits.

95-86 Israel Final

Man why not play Donaldson instead of KD . Giveth and take it away

That's the love...hate(not really hate) with KD. Guy can give you some really good plays...then you're like REALLY KD! Just something you have to live with him

• Like 2

Is what it is. A literal top 10 pick went off on us in the 3rd quarter. Not a bad loss at all. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Nope, not even close.

Zep has been more aggressive, playing better defense, and hitting 3s.

Wendell has been really good outside of a couple of minutes with ball-hoggish plays.

And Flan is miles better than he was any time last season.

KD will always play 100% and make dumb plays but also was one of the big reasons we fought back in the 4th by going inside and getting fouled.

• Like 1

That's the love...hate(not really hate) with KD. Guy can give you some really good plays...then you're like REALLY KD! Just something you have to live with him

That's what I've said in the past. Same tendencies that let him take over a game are the same tendencies that sent him out of control. 

You take the good with the bad. 

• Like 1

Just general observations. It's a lot of good but when the competition stepped up you really get to see how guys have or have not improved some. And how each guy can be used. It's still clear that the backcourt is a work in progress if we expect to repeat and go further than last year. 

• Like 1

The inside scoring ability of Broome is so fantastic.  Something we missed last year with Kessler.  Broome doesn't have the inside blocking ability of Kessler but as for offensive performance he is so much better.  

• Like 2

Nope, not even close.

Zep has been more aggressive, playing better defense, and hitting 3s.

Wendell has been really good outside of a couple of minutes with ball-hoggish plays.

And Flan is miles better than he was any time last season.

KD will always play 100% and make dumb plays but also was one of the big reasons we fought back in the 4th by going inside and getting fouled.

I didn’t notice Zep as much today, you’re probably right though. Moving him to the 2 should allow him to do more of those things.

I think - like last season - Wendell will win some games for us and maybe cost us one or two. Overall, he’s one of our most critical players.

Flan has nowhere to go but up, he was one of the worst starters (statistically) in the power five last season. You’re right, he’s better. I still question how good he can be though, honestly. Hope I’m wrong.

I think you’re generally right re: KD. He is who he is. Sometimes his heart and hustle mask his inefficiency on offense. 

Just general observations. It's a lot of good but when the competition stepped up you really get to see how guys have or have not improved some. And how each guy can be used. It's still clear that the backcourt is a work in progress if we expect to repeat and go further than last year. 

I'm fine with general observations but when someone says something stupid like half of our guys haven't improved I'm gonna call it out. Last years team doesn't hang with this Israel team. Everyone has improved and while KD may make some boneheaded mistakes you only have to look as far as his FT shooting to know he's improved.

I wish he wouldn't take so many 3s but that's the case with a lot of players and Bruce lets them take those shots because he has faith in them to make them. He knows way better than I do about what their ability is.

• Like 1

We also played yesterday and the team we are playing has a ton more experience with one another and playing the game in general. Fans 😂

I don't' really care that we lost. It's how we carried ourselves down to the last few moments of a close game. Just being able to know where and what we're doing with the ball. Making better decisions and knowing game situations.

The inside scoring ability of Broome is so fantastic.  Something we missed last year with Kessler.  Broome doesn't have the inside blocking ability of Kessler but as for offensive performance he is so much better.  

He did have some really nasty blocks though. He's gonna be a force. 

• Like 1

I'm fine with general observations but when someone says something stupid like half of our guys haven't improved I'm gonna call it out. Last years team doesn't hang with this Israel team. Everyone has improved and while KD may make some boneheaded mistakes you only have to look as far as his FT shooting to know he's improved.

I wish he wouldn't take so many 3s but that's the case with a lot of players and Bruce lets them take those shots because he has faith in them to make them. He knows way better than I do about what their ability is.

Last year’s team was at one point ranked #1 in the country. 

• Like 1

I don't' really care that we lost. It's how we carried ourselves down to the last few moments of a close game. Just being able to know where and what we're doing with the ball. Making better decisions and knowing game situations.

Think we gassed out in a 48 minute game against pros used to games of that duration. 

Won't happen often in season. 

• Like 1

Think we gassed out in a 48 minute game against pros used to games of that duration. 

Won't happen often in season. 

Also we just played another game yesterday. 

• Like 2