Auburn is at a cross road

eaglenest

Between Rane and itself, if they don't tell this guy thanks but no thanks it will never be a consistently S E C football program it is already showing up in recruiting by the damage he has caused, we are viewed as the keystone cops and it has nothing to do with coach Harsin, last year was no different than Saban first year at LSU/Bama or Dabo, Fisher, Smart, Tommy's Brian Kelly at ND. If Auburn cut ties with Greene and Harsin after this year I'm out and it has nothing to do about win lost record, it is simply about integrity, something that is seriously lacking at Auburn. When you are constantly being looked at from a standpoint of being dysfunctional you have a cancer somewhere that needs to be cut out, for once in my lifetime I would like to see Auburn and its fans ALL PULLING IN THE SAME DIRECTIONS when it comes to football.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Between Rane and itself, if they don't tell this guy thanks but no thanks it will never be a consistently S E C football program it is already showing up in recruiting by the damage he has caused, we are viewed as the keystone cops and it has nothing to do with coach Harsin, last year was no different than Saban first year at LSU/Bama or Dabo, Fisher, Smart, Tommy's Brian Kelly at ND. If Auburn cut ties with Greene and Harsin after this year I'm out and it has nothing to do about win lost record, it is simply about integrity, something that is seriously lacking at Auburn. When you are constantly being looked at from a standpoint of being dysfunctional you have a cancer somewhere that needs to be cut out, for once in my lifetime I would like to see Auburn and its fans ALL PULLING IN THE SAME DIRECTIONS when it comes to football.  

i can never quit on my tigers. my dad played on the frosh team and i spent every summer roaming auburns streets as a rugrat. auburn is part of my family heritage and i will always hope and pull for auburn to do better? never. but i do understand your frustration.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, eaglenest said:

Well you better get prepared cause I doubt Greene makes it....Harsin maybe makes it

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I don't agree with every aspect of the OP but i do agree with some of it. I was really excited to see AU get outside the good ol boy network and hire both Greene and Harsin. However both have failed miserably so far and neither has much support from the ptb from what i have gathered. So did we just strike out on both our attempts to get outside the good ol boy network or is the good ol boy network so ingrained at AU that we just cannot get out of it? Guess we'll see with the next hires that happen. 

I've also got a really negative view of AU in general after the Harsin investigation. It just felt so dirty. Rip the man and his family to pieces and then expect him to stay on as the coach. People making comments about his daughters and their appearance throughout the season. Its almost like there is some shadow movement behind the scenes to take this family down and i find it pretty disgusting. The media ran with the story and i get it.....the media is controlled by bama which most of the writers graduate from. But that story doesn't get out without an inside leak in the athletic department or someone very close to it. 

And all that just piles onto the various let downs over the last few years. We lead the country in buy outs paid to ex coaches over the last 15 years and we look to be heading to paying more buyouts. 

It all just adds up to me as a school and administration that cant get out of its own way. I don't know the reason for all of it but i'm tired of seeing the results. I'll always love AU and appreciate my degree and time at the school. But i'll definitely be taking a step back this fall. I need more positive and enjoyable things in my life and right now there is not much to enjoy with AU football. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Auburn is not lacking integrity.  That is just nonsense.  A lot of this Harsin brought on himself, including the recruiting.  People think that these boosters are these horrible people, when they aren't.  They are Auburn alumni who are giving their own money to the school they love.  The ones I know are really, really good people who don't give money to be recognized.  In fact, they ask for their names not to be publicized.  Legitimate and formal complaints about how Harsin was treating his staff were filed with the University so Auburn had no choice but to investigate.  That is the right thing for our University to do, instead of turn a blind eye to formal complaints like LSU and Baylor did.  The media is who took off with these other rumors.  Keep in mind these allegations took place after National Signing Day 2022 so you can't blame anyone but Harsin for that.

Jimbo Fisher told you a month ago about the guy across the state who made some guys in the NFL cry but he is a saint in Tuscaloosa? give me a break! Harsin did nothing to any of his coaches and players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Auburn is not lacking integrity.  That is just nonsense.  A lot of this Harsin brought on himself, including the recruiting.  People think that these boosters are these horrible people, when they aren't.  They are Auburn alumni who are giving their own money to the school they love.  The ones I know are really, really good people who don't give money to be recognized.  In fact, they ask for their names not to be publicized.  Legitimate and formal complaints about how Harsin was treating his staff were filed with the University so Auburn had no choice but to investigate.  That is the right thing for our University to do, instead of turn a blind eye to formal complaints like LSU and Baylor did.  The media is who took off with these other rumors.  Keep in mind these allegations took place after National Signing Day 2022 so you can't blame anyone but Harsin for that.

So on the basis of your statement you equate Harsin’s supposed behavior (for which he was not fired) to Baylor’s/LSU ‘s running interference for corrupt degrading behavior. In no way comparable IMO.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

How has a coach who has been so bad at so many things have such a fanatical backing from a segment of the fanbase? Those boosters so many love to hate are going to be around long after Harsin is gone.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

So on the basis of your statement you equate Harsin’s supposed behavior (for which he was not fired) to Baylor’s/LSU ‘s running interference for corrupt degrading behavior. In no way comparable IMO.

No I am not saying that.  You are taking what I said to an extreme.  What I am saying is Auburn did the right thing in investigating a complaint made to the University, which LSU and Baylor cannot say in ignoring (worse) complaints made to their respective schools.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

No I am not saying that.  You are taking what I said to an extreme.  What I am saying is Auburn did the right thing in investigating a complaint made to the University, which LSU and Baylor cannot say in ignoring (worse) complaints made to their respective schools.

I’m glad that is not what you meant.

2 hours ago, eaglenest said:

Harsin doesn't have even half the resume that Dabo, Saban, smart, Kelly had when they were hired. Why do you keep bringing them up? They have no relevance to harsin and the way the program is run. 

Of you want to slober over Harsin, fine. More power to you to be the biggest sunshine pumper unrealistic fan in existence. But there is no way anyone with even functional intelligence places Harsin anywhere near any coach you mention.  

If harsin is fired after a bad season, it has nothing to do with integrity or some pretentious moral high ground you seem to think you hold, but from the fact he has done more harm to this team than any coach this century. And if you decide to no longer support Auburn after that possible firing... Well it says all we need to know about you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, CR said:

How has a coach who has been so bad at so many things have such a fanatical backing from a segment of the fanbase? Those boosters so many love to hate are going to be around long after Harsin is gone.

Because all we have is optimism.  We can not make any changes ourselves to the circumstances that we helplessly watch.  We were excited to see new blood and ideas come in the door with CBH. 

I think we all Had the same experience with Gus.  It had to  become incredibly obvious to a lot of us to finally walk away from his leadership, or lack there of.

As long as there are some halfway reasonable reasons for the struggles, I have no choice but to remain positive that things will turn around.

I'm not blind to the shortcomings, but I have no alternative than to be optimistic until I'm not.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Harsin doesn't have even half the resume that Dabo, Saban, smart, Kelly had when they were hired. Why do you keep bringing them up? They have no relevance to harsin and the way the program is run. 

Of you want to slober over Harsin, fine. More power to you to be the biggest sunshine pumper unrealistic fan in existence. But there is no way anyone with even functional intelligence places Harsin anywhere near any coach you mention.  

If harsin is fired after a bad season, it has nothing to do with integrity or some pretentious moral high ground you seem to think you hold, but from the fact he has done more harm to this team than any coach this century. And if you decide to no longer support Auburn after that possible firing... Well it says all we need to know about you. 

The thing is it was felt that CBH is the most accomplished coach to date which is subjective. Yes he won game and titles at Boise but does he have any individual coaching awards or was he ever consider the next big thing as a coach.

For example Kirby Smart was on a lot of peoples wanted list because u had the sense he was ready. 

Bosie State was a great fit and situation. IMO u have situation that it’s a great fit . Then u have those that can make it work no matter what. Lastly the situation isn’t right and u fail. It happens in everyday life. People think a situation was right for them but when u start the job u realize this isn’t it and move on. All we can do is see what happens with the season.

Edited by e808

maybe auburn is at the crossroads selling their soul to the devil?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

While I don't disagree with what you are saying I don't believe we want Rane money walking at the same time.  Some diplomacy is needed in these situations.  For instance Auburn was even furthered divided when it hired Dye.  Diplomacy stepped forward by letting all affected people have input even though their canidiate was not hired and even after Dye was hired he hit the ground meeting with those people and winning them over.  

I belive in this instance you probably have 3 stubborn people Rane, Green and Harsin.  Green had his guy and could have made the transition easier by sitting down with Rane and addressing his concerns.  Harsin should have also meet with boosters to discuss the program and stress the need for those guys to be involved.  Notwithstanding any of that if he doesn't win it won't be only Rane of the Auburn fan base that will not support Harsin.

• Like 2

Jimbo Fisher told you a month ago about the guy across the state who made some guys in the NFL cry but he is a saint in Tuscaloosa? give me a break! Harsin did nothing to any of his coaches and players.

He hurt some feelings though and the coaches and players aired their grievances to Auburn admin resulting in an investigation.  Someone inside the AD purposefully leaked the investigation > social media started salacious rumors > Auburn beat writers ran wild and Philip Marshal in particular guaranteed Brian Harsin was g-o-n-e!  

I honestly think CBH was too hard-core and he likely didn't take anyone's feelings into the equation when he lit into them after losing 5 straight games in inexcusable fashion.  

NOW we have a situation where Harsin has been accused of not properly selling his program to the $$ folks at Auburn and it's been said he does not have a sense of urgency or place priority on recruiting, which is troubling IMO.  He has to meet and greet people that pour millions into Auburn football IF he wants to succeed.  He has to understand that He has to sell Auburn to recruits and he may have to babysit the 4-5*'s and he has to sell his program 365 days a year IF he wants to be successful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Carnell said:

While I don't disagree with what you are saying I don't believe we want Rane money walking at the same time.  Some diplomacy is needed in these situations.  For instance Auburn was even furthered divided when it hired Dye.  Diplomacy stepped forward by letting all affected people have input even though their canidiate was not hired and even after Dye was hired he hit the ground meeting with those people and winning them over.  

I belive in this instance you probably have 3 stubborn people Rane, Green and Harsin.  Green had his guy and could have made the transition easier by sitting down with Rane and addressing his concerns.  Harsin should have also meet with boosters to discuss the program and stress the need for those guys to be involved.  Notwithstanding any of that if he doesn't win it won't be only Rane of the Auburn fan base that will not support Harsin.

Why is Jimmy Rane front and center in this discussion anyway?  He vehemently claimed he had no knowledge or involvement with the CBH investigation.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Why is Jimmy Rane front and center in this discussion anyway?  He vehemently claimed he had no knowledge or involvement with the CBH investigation.  

I was not really talking about the investigation but during the hiring phase and whe Harsin first became coach.

It definitely is a crossroads. I was watching CLK press conference. The bottomline is we need cut-throat guys here at the landscape we are in. I respect the hell out of CBH, but it could be his model just doesn't work at this level. Now what I laugh at is the damn hypocrisy our fans like to have. There is one particular poster who loves to act holier than thou, but the bottom-line, is we might need sharks to be here (E.G. Kirby Smart, Nick Saban, MC, Jimbo, etc). These people are sharks and will do anything to win. You can add Brian Kelly to the list. I remember when I said this is the best time to get Hugh Freeze, if you really want to get him. So much rebuff on that from several people. "look what he did back at ole miss." To me, ole Hugh Freeze was ahead of the curve. I respect ADAG and CBH. However, it could possibly be this level is just a tad bit too nasty and fast pace for them. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

46 minutes ago, DAG said:

It definitely is a crossroads. I was watching CLK press conference. The bottomline is we need cut-throat guys here at the landscape we are in. I respect the hell out of CBH, but it could be his model just doesn't work at this level. Now what I laugh at is the damn hypocrisy our fans like to have. There is one particular poster who loves to act holier than thou, but the bottom-line, is we might need sharks to be here (E.G. Kirby Smart, Nick Saban, MC, Jimbo, etc). These people are sharks and will do anything to win. You can add Brian Kelly to the list. I remember when I said this is the best time to get Hugh Freeze, if you really want to get him. So much rebuff on that from several people. "look what he did back at ole miss." To me, ole Hugh Freeze was ahead of the curve. I respect ADAG and CBH. However, it could possibly be this level is just a tad bit too nasty and fast pace for them. 

Success at the top of any industry requires a dude. Harsin may be a hard ass, but so far doesn't seem to the the it factor needed to play with the big boys. 

Right now with NIL, guys like Rane are probably the most important thing to the success of Auburn football. Harsin is likely about to get a second reminder that he can't overcome massive talent deficits with attitude. Probably replacing both him and AG soon. 

I don't like what college football has become, but it's probably not going back to what I grew up loving anytime soon. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

Success at the top of any industry requires a dude. Harsin may be a hard ass, but so far doesn't seem to the the it factor needed to play with the big boys. 

Maybe we will see. I feel like this will be a hit or miss season. The thing is if it is a miss, the people with the deep pockets need to shut the hell up or put up. That means if you go after a "dude" you better pay up and get the heck out of their way. I have someone in mind who I am sure a good majority would whine about..

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, JerryAU said:

He has to meet and greet people that pour millions into Auburn football IF he wants to succeed.  He has to understand that He has to sell Auburn to recruits and he may have to babysit the 4-5*'s and he has to sell his program 365 days a year IF he wants to be successful.

I don't know one way or the other, but do you think Saban has to kiss any booster a$$ at bama? What about Urban Myer? Ryan Day? (Don't come back with the "Harsin hasn't done what Saban has" cause Saban hadn't done it before LSU and definitely hadn't done it a Bama). 

And yeah, NIL has changed the entire landscape. We need to get back to "keeping it down home" to succeed in this miasma that is now "amateur college football"...lol.

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, e808 said:

The thing is it was felt that CBH is the most accomplished coach to date which is subjective. Yes he won game and titles at Boise but does he have any individual coaching awards or was he ever consider the next big thing as a coach.

For example Kirby Smart was on a lot of peoples wanted list because u had the sense he was ready. 

Bosie State was a great fit and situation. IMO u have situation that it’s a great fit . Then u have those that can make it work no matter what. Lastly the situation isn’t right and u fail. It happens in everyday life. People think a situation was right for them but when u start the job u realize this isn’t it and move on. All we can do is see what happens with the season.

Why wasn't Kirby hired at AU if some of you guys are correct? Look, I know I'm old school and never got pampered and never pampered my kid, so I love a hard nosed coach. Even Saban, may the Lord bless my soul.  But if the PTB are such wonderful guys and want only what's best for AU, they had several chances to give the keys to several coaches, all that IMO would have been great hires. But they wouldn't. They like holding the keys and they talk to coaches and sports writers and recruiting folks. They were never on board and saw a chance to rectify the situation. And then backed out. None of that helps AU and if you think we should have fired Harsin, well we screwed that up too! Because we didn't and everyone thinks he'll be fired next year. That's a helluva way to improve recruiting right there. A complete Charlie Foxtrot.  I am at this point sick of Harsin, sick of the so called smart people that run and control AU football, and especially amazed that people think a coach can recruit anybody when no one in their right mind thinks he'll be supported by the school he coaches for or even be here next year. My rant is now over.

But I will always support the school and the players no matter what I think of the mess the smart folks have made. 

WDE

• Like 1