Jump to content

Auburn is at a cross road


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

You do realize CKS had never been a head coach period when he took the UGA gig, right? 

 

So let's stop right there. You originally said you would not take CKS right now. "To this day I don't want Smart." That is the point I am arguing. To say you would take those guys over CKS currently makes little sense to me seeing as none of those guys meet the criteria that you are critiquing CKS about.

 

Whether you want to acknowledge it right now or not, CKS is a top 3 coach in college football. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites





4 hours ago, AUght2win said:

No you wouldn’t because that would effectively end your coaching career. CBH knows had he been fired for ineptitude after 1 season at a marquee program, he would never be able to find a HC job at a decent program again. 

I believe AU has such a bad rep with coaches that he would get another job quicker than we would get a better coach. He's screwed here anyway. Not sure he would have been the guy anyway , but AU made sure of it

Edited by JuscAUse!
Misspoke. He can't get a higher paying job. Just one that suits him better.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DAG said:

So let's stop right there. You originally said you would not take CKS right now. "To this day I don't want Smart." That is the point I am arguing. To say you would take those guys over CKS currently makes little sense to me seeing as none of those guys meet the criteria that you are critiquing CKS about.

 

Whether you want to acknowledge it right now or not, CKS is a top 3 coach in college football. 

I just plain disagree. Circumstances mean everything. Winning a natty doesn’t automatically mean you’re a great coach. Gene and Ed can attest to that.

CKS has a top 3 program at the moment. But he is not a top 3 coach.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

I just plain disagree. Circumstances mean everything. Winning a natty doesn’t automatically mean you’re a great coach. Gene and Ed can attest to that.

CKS has a top 3 program at the moment. But he is not a top 3 coach.

Respectfully, he has went to the championship twice in 4 years. Top 5 recruiting classes and top 10 rankings. Much respect we can agree to disagree all good.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/19/2022 at 11:05 AM, abw0004 said:

Auburn is not lacking integrity.  That is just nonsense.  A lot of this Harsin brought on himself, including the recruiting.  People think that these boosters are these horrible people, when they aren't.  They are Auburn alumni who are giving their own money to the school they love.  The ones I know are really, really good people who don't give money to be recognized.  In fact, they ask for their names not to be publicized.  Legitimate and formal complaints about how Harsin was treating his staff were filed with the University so Auburn had no choice but to investigate.  That is the right thing for our University to do, instead of turn a blind eye to formal complaints like LSU and Baylor did.  The media is who took off with these other rumors.  Keep in mind these allegations took place after National Signing Day 2022 so you can't blame anyone but Harsin for that.

Sadly no one's going to listen to you there. Everyone has made up this narrative in their heads that the boosters created an a****r rumor.

That said, while I'm open to names that many in our fanbase would not, please don't hire Boom or Kelly just because of what FSU fans think of him. Seriously, if that's who they're leaning towards why not at least go after T-Will? I would be content with him.

Edited by AUwent
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2022 at 12:21 AM, augolf1716 said:

Well you better get prepared cause I doubt Greene makes it....Harsin maybe makes it

Yup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, AUwent said:

why not at least go after T-Will? I would be content with him.

Well apparently (per WDE) T-Will was one of the coaches who aligned with Steele to go behind Malzahn's back and apparently was one of the ones causing the rift in the locker room so I may not want him as head coach.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So T-Will went behind Gus's back but Gus still re-hired him at UCF? Does that make any logical sense?

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, DAG said:

So T-Will went behind Gus's back but Gus still re-hired him at UCF? Does that make any logical sense?

My understanding is that T-Will wanted to become DC, so he got on board with Steele undermining Gus because Steele would then name T-Will as his DC.  That didn't work out and Gus was willing to give T-Will the position of DC at UCF.  I still would not have done that personally, but to each their own.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, abw0004 said:

My understanding is that T-Will wanted to become DC, so he got on board with Steele undermining Gus because Steele would then name T-Will as his DC.  That didn't work out and Gus was willing to give T-Will the position of DC at UCF.  I still would not have done that personally, but to each their own.

My point is you should consider your sources. What you are describing is not logical at all.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, DAG said:

My point is you should consider your sources. What you are describing is not logical at all.

Sometimes logic and message board post are about as far apart as the east is from the west

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DAG said:

So T-Will went behind Gus's back but Gus still re-hired him at UCF? Does that make any logical sense?

What 004 said is correct believe it or not. Gus hired T Will to recruit Gibbs is running the defense at UCF. I know it doesn't make logical sense but we're talking about Gus....... Sometimes he's not logical. Doesn't really matter now anyway.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Sometimes logic and message board post are about as far apart as the east is from the west

When your talking about Gus your absolutely right

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, augolf1716 said:

What 004 said is correct believe it or not. Gus hired T Will to recruit Gibbs is running the defense at UCF. I know it doesn't make logical sense but we're talking about Gus....... Sometimes he's not logical. Doesn't really matter now anyway.

Chip Lindsey is also back with Malzahn which I also thought would never happen again with how they departed at Auburn. Both may be related just in how they came to work at UCF under Malzahn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What 004 said is correct believe it or not. Gus hired T Will to recruit Gibbs is running the defense at UCF. I know it doesn't make logical sense but we're talking about Gus....... Sometimes he's not logical. Doesn't really matter now anyway.

So put this on the tab for those who fall in love with Gus. And they wonder why he isn't here anymore.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

What 004 said is correct believe it or not. Gus hired T Will to recruit Gibbs is running the defense at UCF. I know it doesn't make logical sense but we're talking about Gus....... Sometimes he's not logical. Doesn't really matter now anyway.

So I don’t want to hear anyone say TWill is in over his head as DC down there especially if he is not running the defense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

So I don’t want to hear anyone say TWill is in over his head as DC down there especially if he is not running the defense. 

K

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like Twill, know him from school, just did not appreciate how some trashed him when he was named DC, now it’s said he ain’t even the DC. Just a recruiting figure head. All that may be true which is ok. I just find it amazing it’s ok to drag him here for a job that is not factually even his. Make it make sense. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, abw0004 said:

My understanding is that T-Will wanted to become DC, so he got on board with Steele undermining Gus because Steele would then name T-Will as his DC.  That didn't work out and Gus was willing to give T-Will the position of DC at UCF.  I still would not have done that personally, but to each their own.

Friends close, enemies closer?

jk but I personally wouldn't either. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...