Jump to content

SECMD22 - Auburn


W.E.D
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Political game is not his strong suit

Unfortunately, that’s where college ball is now. It’s getting less and less fun. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

So Bryan Harsin is going to attack the entire internet for a rumor and also the coaches/players who made the complaints?

Ppl acting like someone on the BOT was behind all of this is really living in a fantasy world.

He’d have more information on who was behind it than any of us…

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Pretty cool response 

Yes, but he needs to back it up with wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe I am just old and prefer to show my actions Vs talking about it. More often than not the ones that do all the chattering the results rarely match. It’s like who are u trying to convince me or yourself 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, e808 said:

Maybe I am just old and prefer to show my actions Vs talking about it. More often than not the ones that do all the chattering the results rarely match. It’s like who are u trying to convince me or yourself 

I don’t think CBH needs to convince anyone . I think it’s very clear he is doing it his way regardless of what anyone thinks. It is what it is. He had to address the elephant . Now let’s see what he does this fall. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

He just locked himself into a live or die year. He probably lost the opportunity to rebuild or foster any cooperation. 

I'm sure he had fun while I'm the podium, but if he doesn't fix out busted ass recruiting class or exceed expectations on the field, his opposition will get the last laugh in about 6 months. 

And he will get a fat check, anyway he was in a must win scenario this season regardless of what he said in this press conference. 

Edited by PoetTiger
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

He just locked himself into a live or die year. He probably lost the opportunity to rebuild or foster any cooperation. 

I'm sure he had fun while I'm the podium, but if he doesn't fix out busted ass recruiting class or exceed expectations on the field, his opposition will get the last laugh in about 6 months. 

Agreed, but he's been in a live or die year since February. Today didn't change that. Everyone's assumed that since February they have just been riding it out until December to make their move... unless he wins 8 games, which many do not expect him to do with the roster issues.

It's gotten to the point that anonymous coaches in that annual article said that it would be one of the most miraculous jobs in the history of the game if he does enough to survive. One coach said it would be the ultimate baptism by fire

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

Unfortunately, that’s where college ball is now. It’s getting less and less fun. 

I get where you’re coming from but it’s still amazingly fun for UAT, UGA, OSU, OU, Clemson, etc… We are in a down  cycle and have no momentum right now. A strong season this fall and we will find it fun again. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

One way or another, this is going to end in spectacular fashion.

I'm not sure about much of anything these days. But I'd bet the house on that!!!

😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EagleEye67 said:

Yes, but he needs to back it up with wins.

Even if he went 0-12, it’d still be a zinger lol 

I’m someone who has consumed scandalous things about Harsin’s family members willingly and often, but I do not know how “my superiors allowed, and perhaps actively pushed, lies to fester to the point where it was used as a foundation to call my entire ability to lead into question” has any correlation with whether or not the guy’s worthwhile in coaching 

He could be a horrible coach AND the Boosters should be ashamed of themselves for allowing nonsense to be the rallying cry to open up that investigation. We don’t live in a binary world 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even with the nonsense being very quickly dismissed, it was clear that enough someones thought that it could be the Step 1 to getting a movement against Harsin. 
 

It’s not exactly a secret there were players who didn’t like Harsin before, during and after the season, but that notion as proven by the mass attrition before he came, as well as the coaching departures, were not sexy enough in a vacuum to lead a real rebellion against the guy. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

He just locked himself into a live or die year. He probably lost the opportunity to rebuild or foster any cooperation. 

I'm sure he had fun while I'm the podium, but if he doesn't fix out busted ass recruiting class or exceed expectations on the field, his opposition will get the last laugh in about 6 months. 

What? If you didn't believe this was a do or die year after the fiasco that he went through last year , you are (maybe literally) the only person I know that didn't. I have XM radio. People in freaking Iowa think he has to win this year after all that! They also don't have a problem understanding why AU can't recruit for the same reason. What happened was the football equivalent of Seppuku. No offense meant at all, and I was all in on BH even after the bowl game , but I thought he had to go after it became clear everyone that matters money wise wanted him gone. And let the whole world know it . 

 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, au302 said:

Agreed, but he's been in a live or die year since February. Today didn't change that. Everyone's assumed that since February they have just been riding it out until December to make their move... unless he wins 8 games, which many do not expect him to do with the roster issues.

It's gotten to the point that anonymous coaches in that annual article said that it would be one of the most miraculous jobs in the history of the game if he does enough to survive. One coach said it would be the ultimate baptism by fire

Didn't see your post until after I posted. You articulated our thoughts much better than I.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • RunInRed changed the title to SECMD22 - Auburn
1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

I get where you’re coming from but it’s still amazingly fun for UAT, UGA, OSU, OU, Clemson, etc… We are in a down  cycle and have no momentum right now. A strong season this fall and we will find it fun again. 

Agree completely. Hoping and thinking we may just surprise some teams we aren’t expected to. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

And he will get a fat check, anyway he was in a must win scenario this season regardless of what he said in this press conference. 

This is also to everyone who needed to reply to my last:

Had he spent the last 6 months and the next 6 months working to repair relations with the money people and those inside the AD a poor year could be overlooked if everyone could see him laying the foundation for success/bought in to him/whatever you wanna call it: recruiting, staff, etc. 

Instead we see that he is doing the same tough guy bull**** that got him into this situation in the 1st place. 

Please get this clown out ofbhere. 

Edited by GunsmithAU
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Angry 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Had he spent the last 6 months and the next 6 months working to repair relations with the money people and those inside the AD a poor year could be overlooked if everyone could see him laying the foundation for success: recruiting, staff, etc

There are those that never wanted this “Greene” hire, those that never accepted him from day one. Extends a hand to the money people and they don’t extend it back, because they never wanted him here anyway. Regardless they were not going to overlook a poor year at all. He has not been perfect but neither has Auburn. All he can count on now is winning and based on his presser today, he knows that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Political game is not his strong suit

That’s not a big deal.   Have you seen Nick Saban?!?!?   Winning >>>>>> political game.   IF (and that may be the largest if in the history of ifs) CBH winds up developing a winning program at AU, his “rough around the edges” demeanor and lack of political game will be so charming to all of us!!!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NoALtiger said:

I thought it was a killer response myself. I mean, there were stories out there that could have ended this man’s marriage- I think he’s taken a thoughtful and measured approach while letting everyone read between the lines on how he feels. I’ve not been a huge fan of his tenure up to this point but I’ve got to give him a heck of a lot of credit for his approach. I’m pulling for him 100% I’ll tell you that. 

Amen

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Players who left, coaches who left, people associated with his program at Boise...

Harsin was and is a known a**hole. That's only ok if you win and have some level of professionalism to keep staff/recruits around

Haha, MOST successful football coaches are total a**holes in case you hadnt noticed. Unsuccessful ones too.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

At media days: He speaks like a head coach. Sounds tough and projects tough. But so do little dogs. He checks all the boxes except for recruiting and winning in P5. How long?
A+ for not rolling over and playing victim to a tough situation last winter, and not besmirching Bobo, Mason, or Williams. A+ for complimenting AU as the great place it is. Sounded like he likes Ike.  Missed opportunities to spread the love around to other position coaches (or are they on the outside?). Seemed he was uncomfortable talking Pearl (misphrased witticisms). “Just watch” is rather weak. He’s under a microscope after all, and off-season activity (recruiting) isn’t blowing anybody away. Might should have spent more time with PR staff, if he feels he can trust them. Certainly could have done worse. But sparse accomplishments discount the bravado. Season can’t come soon enough. 

  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, W.E.D said:

So Bryan Harsin is going to attack the entire internet for a rumor and also the coaches/players who made the complaints?

Ppl acting like someone on the BOT was behind all of this is really living in a fantasy world.

What did you expect him to say? He handled the job with class, defended himself and addressed the obvious. Anyone in his situation would be in a tough spot. He's not going to please everyone but there's no reason to post after post complaining about someone who Is trying to get the team Focused on football which is his job.

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

This is also to everyone who needed to reply to my last:

Had he spent the last 6 months and the next 6 months working to repair relations with the money people and those inside the AD a poor year could be overlooked if everyone could see him laying the foundation for success/bought in to him/whatever you wanna call it: recruiting, staff, etc. 

Instead we see that he is doing the same tough guy bull**** that got him into this situation in the 1st place. 

Please get this clown out ofbhere. 

slap-slapping.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I know it needed to be addressed, but I'm not really sure this was the best way to go about it.  

Why?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Political game is not his strong suit

Bruh... it was /s

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...