SECMD22 - Auburn

W.E.D

For everyone that has a problem with what Harsin said yesterday or how he said it.... Think about how you would respond if the things alleged against him were levied against you. Sometimes,  it's bigger than football and when family is drug into it that qualifies IMO, I think he showed alot of restraint.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Didba said:

Cancel culture is fine until it isn't true imo

This is 🤌🏻🤌🏻

Unless you’re trolling otherwise good on ya mate 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

For everyone that has a problem with what Harsin said yesterday or how he said it.... Think about how you would respond if the things alleged against him were levied against you. Sometimes,  it's bigger than football and when family is drug into it that qualifies IMO, I think he showed alot of restraint.

Attempting to defend your family over every dumbass thing that is said on the internet is going to be a losing battle.

Per Jay Tate, Auburn didn't do any investigation into infidelity rumors from the internet.  It was solely based on coaches/player comments.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

It's almost like personality plays an important role in that. People love kiffen. He connects with recruits, gets along with staff, is overall a likeable person. This seems to be the exact opposite of Harsin. It also doesn't hurt that kiffen is an offensive genius with a much better history and is making his team better. 

It's the same with Leach. He was attacked by freaking ESPN for goodness sake and you never know what that dude is gonna say. Bit damn if people don't love to listen to it. 

Lane doesn't connect with recruits. Just because he's funny on social media doesn't mean he's a recruiter. He doesn't like it and only when all out on Arch Manning. AU247 and Duke said they've heard he's not very good with recruiting high school recruits. His classes have also been very mediocre. 

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Attempting to defend your family over every dumbass thing that is said on the internet is going to be a losing battle.

Per Jay Tate, Auburn didn't do any investigation into infidelity rumors from the internet.  It was solely based on coaches/player comments.

That wasn’t made clear at all until after the investigation was completed, and the University had ample opportunity to quash that particular rumor early on, and chose not to. 

I don’t see this as addressing “every dumbass thing that is said on the internet.” I see it as addressing one, specific rumor that if I were him, I would also want to address and move on, which is what I hear him trying to do. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

That wasn’t made clear at all until after the investigation was completed, and the University had ample opportunity to quash that particular rumor early on, and chose not to. 

The investigation lasted like 3 days, right?  That had a presser, then 72 hours later said everything was unfounded.  Coming out and discussing his potential infidelity before any investigation would have just fueled everything even worse. 

Just now, W.E.D said:

The investigation lasted like 3 days, right?  That had a presser, then 72 hours later said everything was unfounded.  Coming out and discussing his potential infidelity before any investigation would have just fueled everything even worse. 

From start to finish, it lasted longer than that to my recollection, and I disagree with your last statement, especially if, as you said, it was not a part of the investigation.

36 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I guess maybe he brought it back to the headline?  It's 90% of what anyone is talking about.  As I said in my OP, I think it could have been address better w/out being antagonistic towards certain groups....said groups that are eventually needed if Auburn wants to reach it's full potential.

I think I've been pretty consistent with my praise for him wrt anything related to Football.  He's been great there, developed a broken QB...and I hope/think we'll see the same with ZC 

I think you are very fair. I am just saying at this point that is who he is. He can be abrasive at times. The problem is he is abrasive with a losing record and recruiting being down the drain. It what it is. I don't think he will change from that stand point nor do I think he should. But he has to also win as well too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

From start to finish, it lasted longer than that to my recollection, and I disagree with your last statement, especially if, as you said, it was not a part of the investigation.

There was a week long saga about Auburn trying to contact Harsin, Harsin not wanting to talk, Harsin giving an interview to ESPN fueling the fire, every recruiting service giving "inside info"

But then once Auburn actually had an opening statement to close, it seemed quick.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I think you are very fair. I am just saying at this point that is who he is. He can be abrasive at times. The problem is he is abrasive with a losing record and recruiting being down the drain. It what it is. I don't think he will change from that stand point nor do I think he should. But he has to also win as well too.

Agree

42 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

There was no dragging the family into it done by the university.  That was all message board stuff and that cannot be controlled by Auburn University.  Harsin had things to answer for and that was nobody's fault but is own.  It should have been handled better by the administration, but he isn't a victim.

If he wins, he can forget and disregard all of this.  If not, this fan base will be unyielding in their thrashing.  His biggest problem right now is that there are very few, if any, signs that the program overall is actually in better shape today than the day he arrived.  Recruiting has to improve and it has to improve yesterday.  Urgency is an understated concept right now.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

There was a week long saga about Auburn trying to contact Harsin, Harsin not wanting to talk, Harsin giving an interview to ESPN fueling the fire, every recruiting service giving "inside info"

But then once Auburn actually had an opening statement to close, it seemed quick.

By the time the University piped up, the investigation had been going on for quite some time, from what I recall. Anyway, we don't have to see eye to eye about this, but considering those rumors involved another employee, I was very disappointed that the University didn't address it head on. 

On a related note, I'm surprised no one ever got a quote out of her, especially since she's no longer employed by Auburn. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Name another instance where a coach went thru what Harsin did and nothing was found

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Yeah, Saban has done nothing to align everyone, get all the boosters pulling in one single direction, and being a leader to get everyone on board.

Are you kidding me?  He worked the s*** out of the REC behind the scenes. 

He had one of the best classes ever after going 6-6 or whatever he did in year one with a loss to LaMo

Oh, ok.  You meant political game as in pulling strings behind the scenes to get things done.    I was thinking political game as in being diplomatic for the sake of PR and public image.   Obviously Saban is one and not the other.   I don’t think CBH is either.   

39 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

There was no dragging the family into it done by the university.  That was all message board stuff and that cannot be controlled by Auburn University.  Harsin had things to answer for and that was nobody's fault but is own.  It should have been handled better by the administration, but he isn't a victim.

If he wins, he can forget and disregard all of this.  If not, this fan base will be unyielding in their thrashing.  His biggest problem right now is that there are very few, if any, signs that the program overall is actually in better shape today than the day he arrived.  Recruiting has to improve and it has to improve yesterday.  Urgency is an understated concept right now.

Yeah.  I'm not so sure about that. IMO, they inquired about everything. Just being hard to deal with and not communicating well with certain  players isn't an immediate fireable offense. The other stuff bandied around was an immediate fireable offense.  I figure Harsin knows better than anyone, including Jay G Tate where it all came from. I've never heard him call out message boards or the media for starting all that crap

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just like Harsin said....it's water under the bridge at this point. Let's move forward (but not forget about what occurred). 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Not sure about that either...  Being hard to work with or not communicating well with players isn't an immediate fireable offense. The other stuff levied was

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah.  I'm not so sure about that. IMO, they inquired about everything. Just being hard to deal with and not communicating well with certain  players isn't an immediate fireable offense. The other stuff bandied around was an immediate fireable offense.  I figure Harsin knows better than anyone, including Jay G Tate where it all came from. I've never heard him call out message boards or the media for starting all that crap

That is part of the point.  He likes to blame "them" without ever really pointing to who they are.  Derek Mason had serious concerns and those had nothing to do with Harsin hiring a young lady from Idaho.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure about that either...  Being hard to work with or not communicating well with players isn't an immediate fireable offense. The other stuff levied was

But that's not the point. The point is that an inquiry/investigation was warranted.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Derek Mason had serious concerns

Such as? Or is that for the super secret squirrel society only?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

That is part of the point.  He likes to blame "them" without ever really pointing to who they are.  Derek Mason had serious concerns and those had nothing to do with Harsin hiring a young lady from Idaho.

I think most know who " they, them" are. What was Masons concerns? Just because Mason left doesn't necessarily mean their was some seedy, underground upheaval with the coaching staff. Sometimes, it just don't work and a change is warranted even if it's perceived by some to be a head scratcher move. Doesn't mean Mason is a bad coach,  doesn't mean Harsin is a bad coach. Not everything that happens is a doomsday scenario. 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

But that's not the point. The point is that an inquiry/investigation was warranted.

Why? For what reason? I've heard several beat writers  call it an attempted coup. If it's just that Harsin needs to communicate better with players and coaches that doesn't require an investigation.  Thats a sit down conversation between Allen Green and Harsin

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1