SECMD22 - Auburn

W.E.D

20 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Such as? Or is that for the super secret squirrel society only?

I recall information was posted in one of these threads regarding Eason in which some light was shed on certain things. 

Edited by e808

1 minute ago, e808 said:

I recall information was posted in one of these threads regarding Eason in which some light was shed on certain things. 

Link?

I haven't heard any specific claims from players or coaches other than his communication skills are lacking and he wasn't the most personable guy. That's hardly a reason for termination with cause. So if anyone has heard specific complaints that would constitute an investigation, I would love to hear it. That's why I believe the investigators looked at everything,  including the BS rumors that drug his name and family thru the mud.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, DAG said:

That is a major assumption. Particular for Lane Kiffen this is absolutely false as he was ridiculed and disliked by many prior to his redemption run with CNS. So let's not act like CLK is a favorite.

Why do you keep saying he is a toxic individual? That is completely your opinion, based on your subjective limited views. There is no objective data that supports this, other than people either like him or they don't. 

Really? Coaches have been fired under the whelm of "unprofessional conduct" plenty. Hell the GT female basketball coach got fired strictly because of that back in 2019.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/georgia-tech-coach-fired-alleged-toxic-culture-coach/story?id=61980171

It is a slippery slope and that is why lawsuits tend to follow. I am pretty sure we had a player make veiled allegation of abuse by CBH in fact. Now you are just making things up.

Yea, he was disliked before he went through the Saban rehab program. And now, people like him. It's almost like people can change and improve upon how other perceive them. Something Harsin has failed at. He may not be the best recruiter, but he sure as hell did better than we.

Yes my subjective opinion based on the mass Exodus play players and mainly coaches away from his programs over his history as a HC. His propensity to cycle through staff has already been shown. The totality of his actions and those around him a give me the belief he is terrible to work or play for. I don't understand how this is a talking point for you. Of course it's my opinion. That's all we can do is make educated guesses based on history. 

Homegirl you link to had sexual harassment allegations as well as NCAA violations. That's a far cry from fired for toxic. 

11 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Something Harsin has failed at

It has been said several times over he has been adapting his style on several of the forums.

11 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Homegirl you link to had sexual harassment allegations as well as NCAA violations. That's a far cry from fired for toxic. 

I believe that adds to the toxic environment. Kind of like all the overblown false rumors and allegations CBH had regarding player abuse, hiring someone he had an affair with, etc. Guess what? As he said they tried and it didn't work

Give it up man. Your mind is made up. Nothing he would've or could've done will change your subjective opinion. The facts are, however, he is not contributing to any type of toxic environment no matter how much you keep repeating it.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I haven't heard any specific claims from players or coaches other than his communication skills are lacking and he wasn't the most personable guy. That's hardly a reason for termination with cause. So if anyone has heard specific complaints that would constitute an investigation, I would love to hear it. That's why I believe the investigators looked at everything,  including the BS rumors that drug his name and family thru the mud.

It’s been mentioned a few times those answers are on the Eagles Nest of why there was an investigation and why assistant coaches filed formal complaints to the university.

32 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

It’s been mentioned a few times those answers are on the Eagles Nest of why there was an investigation and why assistant coaches filed formal complaints to the university.

Well, that may be... but, I find it hard to believe those specific allegations werent picked up by the state run media or ESPN etc... Especially folks like Finebaum, Mark Schlabaugh and Pete Thamel. They would have had a field day . No offense, but I have to believe some of those guys have better sources than the Eagle Nest

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Who wants Greene out? Auburn sports programs overall are doing great. Basically, every sport except football is at least acceptable and Gym, baseball and basketball are national contenders as are both men's and women's golf. Greene gets at least an A- from any objective observer.

People who only care about the state of the football program I guess.

I like Greene alot

6 hours ago, GunsmithAU said:

Because that isn't cause. The same reason businesses around the world have toxic workplaces and management. 

I'd assume the cost of firing him for that reason outweighed any positives. 

Without cause, he is owed his buyout and Auburn is without a staff, and in a (almost) worst case scenario. 

You keep trying to make this a black and white situation. That isn't true. Take out kiffen or leaches winning record and people still like them. Success helps, but if you'll notice, i placed kiffen's success as an afterthought. Thus making his likeable personality and ability to connect with people at the forefront. 

You seem to have this belief that i think him winning would automatically make him a non-toxic individual. This is false and a made up assertion. I've said winning is how he keeps his job. Repairing his earned reputation as a toxic person will take more. 

Coming out swinging at the boosters and worse the university itself doesn't do anything to help his cause. It only forces him to win to string arm the boosters/university to bend to his will. 

If I remember correctly from when I read his contract creating a toxic workplace would have probably amounted to a for cause firing

6 hours ago, DAG said:

That is a major assumption. Particular for Lane Kiffen this is absolutely false as he was ridiculed and disliked by many prior to his redemption run with CNS. So let's not act like CLK is a favorite.

Why do you keep saying he is a toxic individual? That is completely your opinion, based on your subjective limited views. There is no objective data that supports this, other than people either like him or they don't. 

Really? Coaches have been fired under the whelm of "unprofessional conduct" plenty. Hell the GT female basketball coach got fired strictly because of that back in 2019.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/georgia-tech-coach-fired-alleged-toxic-culture-coach/story?id=61980171

It is a slippery slope and that is why lawsuits tend to follow. I am pretty sure we had a player make veiled allegation of abuse by CBH in fact. Now you are just making things up.

Sir, objectivity? No, no, we don't do that here.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

I guess maybe he brought it back to the headline?  It's 90% of what anyone is talking about.  As I said in my OP, I think it could have been address better w/out being antagonistic towards certain groups....said groups that are eventually needed if Auburn wants to reach it's full potential.

I think I've been pretty consistent with my praise for him wrt anything related to Football.  He's been great there, developed a broken QB...and I hope/think we'll see the same with ZC 

I mean I was under the impression it was a smart move to get out in front of it quick say his peace and then shut down any further talk about it.

5 hours ago, woodford said:

This is 🤌🏻🤌🏻

Unless you’re trolling otherwise good on ya mate 

I don't really troll too hard on here outside of gifs and obvious sarcasm

5 hours ago, Barnacle said:

By the time the University piped up, the investigation had been going on for quite some time, from what I recall. Anyway, we don't have to see eye to eye about this, but considering those rumors involved another employee, I was very disappointed that the University didn't address it head on. 

On a related note, I'm surprised no one ever got a quote out of her, especially since she's no longer employed by Auburn. 

NDA, probably with her severance, maybe

5 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Attempting to defend your family over every dumbass thing that is said on the internet is going to be a losing battle.

Per Jay Tate, Auburn didn't do any investigation into infidelity rumors from the internet.  It was solely based on coaches/player comments.

I can't buy Jay Tate on that. In today's climate, if there are any, and I mean any, rumors/rumblings of sexual misconduct they are gonna investigate. So I totally get why Harsin would be pissed about that. He could've lost his family over allegations like that. Thankfully for him his wife and children seemed to realize it was all bs from the jump. Doesn't make it any easier to take. That part was total sham allegations. 

• Like 2

Can we talk about the football stuff he said? After the 1 minute clip of him addressing the gorilla in the room?

He said good stuff throughout. Especially about QBs needing to be tough. Take a hit.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well, that may be... but, I find it hard to believe those specific allegations werent picked up by the state run media or ESPN etc... Especially folks like Finebaum, Mark Schlabaugh and Pete Thamel. They would have had a field day . No offense, but I have to believe some of those guys have better sources than the Eagle Nest

Nobody has good sources rn with the football program

54 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Well, if you were writing an article for ESPN, would you rather write an article about a coach filing a complaint to the university on how he was treated, or the false claim about the head coach having an affair.  You would get more clicks with the affair. 

35 minutes ago, Didba said:

Can we talk about the football stuff he said?

Nope.  :tease:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

Well, if you were writing an article for ESPN, would you rather write an article about a coach filing a complaint to the university on how he was treated, or the false claim about the head coach having an affair.  You would get more clicks with the affair. 

Ha ha... if these alleged complaints filed were harsh enuf to warrant an investigation and possible termination,  u best believe the media vultures would be all on it. 

My final take on this, then  I'm over it. Harsin knows where all this started. I mean ALL of it. From the BS affair leading to preferential treatment to coaches / player complaints. So, when he gives his statement yesterday, he said where it came from, by NOT saying where it came from  He mentioned no one by name BUT by him not throwing shade to the media or message boards, it's clear where he thinks it originated. And he would surely know more than any poster or anyone else quoting "heresay"