SECMD22 - Auburn

W.E.D

On 7/21/2022 at 9:08 PM, AUinMS9528 said:

That’s not a big deal.   Have you seen Nick Saban?!?!?   Winning >>>>>> political game.   IF (and that may be the largest if in the history of ifs) CBH winds up developing a winning program at AU, his “rough around the edges” demeanor and lack of political game will be so charming to all of us!!!

Yeah that's what I don't get about Saban. Nobody in the media challenges him during his press conferences.  When he goes on one of his rants during the in season press conference and starts demeaning or being condescending.. The media is just like " Thank you Sir, may I have another"... But Harsin is rough around the edges🤷‍♂️. I get winning cures alot of ills but Saban has been that way for a long time and no one seems to want to check him on it. 

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah that's what I don't get about Saban. Nobody in the media challenges him during his press conferences.  When he goes on one of his rants during the in season press conference and starts demeaning or being condescending.. The media is just like " Thank you Sir, may I have another"... But Harsin is rough around the edges🤷‍♂️. I get winning cures alot of ills but Saban has been that way for a long time and no one seems to want to check him on it. 

Respectfully, u pretty much answered ur own question. Saban is arguable the greatest coach of all time. Who is gonna stick their neck out there and question. As we know there are different levels to what u can say and get away with. For example in the NBA Phil Jackson says alot of sly stuff and gets away with it. Someone less accomplished will be dragged through the mud. Unfortunately, things have been that way for a while. There are tons of examples but I will stop there.

9 minutes ago, e808 said:

Respectfully, u pretty much answered ur own question. Saban is arguable the greatest coach of all time. Who is gonna stick their neck out there and question. As we know there are different levels to what u can say and get away with. For example in the NBA Phil Jackson says alot of sly stuff and gets away with it. Someone less accomplished will be dragged through the mud. Unfortunately, things have been that way for a while. There are tons of examples but I will stop there.

I also pointed out he did that when he first arrived at Bammer, before the string of REC induced Nattys. I don't know of anyone as condescending to the media besides Bobby Knight 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

This right here! A number of people can't seem to grasp the fact that if an employer fails to investigate such complaints the legal liabilities are enormous.

God, for once, I have to agree with you.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I also pointed out he did that when he first arrived at Bammer, before the string of REC induced Nattys. I don't know of anyone as condescending to the media besides Bobby Knight 

Isn’t he a Bill Belichick guy

On 7/21/2022 at 1:23 PM, GunsmithAU said:

Players who left, coaches who left, people associated with his program at Boise...

Harsin was and is a known a**hole. That's only ok if you win and have some level of professionalism to keep staff/recruits around

This is not true as I am a 37 year Auburn fan who just moved back to the SE from Boise. Hars is well respeted man and coach in Boise but he is known for being short on media coverage.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 7/21/2022 at 10:33 AM, W.E.D said:

Political game is not his strong suit

Perhaps not, but in this case, he knows the question is coming and he heads it off succinctly.

• Like 2

On 7/23/2022 at 9:11 PM, AUwartigerAU said:

This is not true as I am a 37 year Auburn fan who just moved back to the SE from Boise. Hars is well respeted man and coach in Boise but he is known for being short on media coverage.  

I am sure he is basing this on football forum talk which is never accurate on majority of real world , average fan.  

Edited by DAG

Did any of you happen to catch Cole Cubelic and Takeo Spikes on Paul Finebaum Show at SEC Media Days? Cole Cubelic said that since Pat Dye retired in 1992, Auburn has been the most dysfunctional school in the SEC the last 30 years. He said "Not every year for the entire 30 years but over this past 30 year span it's the most dysfunctional. There are some good years but alot more dysfunction." Takeo and Paul both seemed to agree. Cole and Takeo said they spoke with Tank and he told them that last year's team had alot of cancer on it and that cancer was cut away and everyone is pulling in the same direction. Tank said those players and coaches that left after last year weren't used to being coached hard and the asst. coaches weren't used to being held accountable like Harsin holds everyone accountable.

I never watch Paul Finebaum but I did tune in when I flipped by the SECN channel and saw Cole and Takeo on the set with Paul. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

Did any of you happen to catch Cole Cubelic and Takeo Spikes on Paul Finebaum Show at SEC Media Days? Cole Cubelic said that since Pat Dye retired in 1992, Auburn has been the most dysfunctional school in the SEC the last 30 years. He said "Not every year for the entire 30 years but over this past 30 year span it's the most dysfunctional. There are some good years but alot more dysfunction." Takeo and Paul both seemed to agree. Cole and Takeo said they spoke with Tank and he told them that last year's team had alot of cancer on it and that cancer was cut away and everyone is pulling in the same direction. Tank said those players and coaches that left after last year weren't used to being coached hard and the asst. coaches weren't used to being held accountable like Harsin holds everyone accountable.

I never watch Paul Finebaum but I did tune in when I flipped by the SECN channel and saw Cole and Takeo on the set with Paul. 

I said the same thing a few days ago about the dysfunction and got the ol face palm. Of course, I should have considered the source of where the face palm came

• Like 1