Reshuffling the Board and Reasons for Optimism?

Zeek

I'm gathering more information on linebackers, corners, and safeties but I'll add it soon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

Thanks @Zeek

AU football recruiting is a depressing subject, but you manage to keep it as encouraging as possible.    We all really appreciate all the work that you do!

Wish I could do 20 likes on this comment.  While theoretically impossible he is 200% correct.

• Like 3

Thanks as always @Zeek. But man you really threw me for a loop by dropping TJ Shanahan as a realistic target. That'd be huge. When did we get in on him? Have never heard his name once on On3

• Like 1

Zeek, thank you for re-focusing the recruiting emphasis on recruits we might still have a shot at.

• Like 1

Derick Hunter is someone I'd like to see us land. I "believe" he would be very good here. 

I just don’t understand our in state recruiting right now and I’m not even talking about the big time guys but do they not see any underrated in state talent to go after? Arkansas has the same number of recruits from Alabama as we do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sizzle said:

I just don’t understand our in state recruiting right now and I’m not even talking about the big time guys but do they not see any underrated in state talent to go after? Arkansas has the same number of recruits from Alabama as we do. 

Similar for Kentucky more and more. Early in Saban’s tenure he established Bama as a national recruiting machine at the expense of a lot of in state talent. That was the time for AU to thrive in-state. Instead we tried to bang head to head with the power schools all over the south, losing more battles than we won. Schools like Arky, UK, and Mississippi State took advantage of the open door to our state and here we are. Frustrating.  

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 3:29 PM, Sizzle said:

https://www.on3.com/db/jacorious-hart-152236/

Keep an eye on this guy. Think he was not even rated when we "found" him

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, au302 said:

https://www.on3.com/db/jacorious-hart-152236/

Keep an eye on this guy. Think he was not even rated when we "found" him

If we can get him to commit he'll be the fourth in-state player to commit to AU. Two from Lee County, one each from Phenix City and Montgomery. At the very least, we'll save money by not having to buy airplane tickets when they make their official visits.

• Like 1

Someone on ON3s podcast the other day is expecting 3-5 commits at Big Cat.  Possibly a 24 guy or 2.  If Auburn can wrack up a couple high rated 24 guys I gotta believe that will help with 23 as well. 

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

If we can get him to commit he'll be the fourth in-state player to commit to AU. Two from Lee County, one each from Phenix City and Montgomery. At the very least, we'll save money by not having to buy airplane tickets when they make their official visits.

I am so disappointed in Covid and it's variants. 🤒

On 7/21/2022 at 1:19 PM, Zeek said:

I'm gathering more information on linebackers, corners, and safeties but I'll add it soon.

Zeek, you got any info on why AU didn't offer Kobe Keenum, offensive line prospect from Florence area? No AU offer. He committed to Kentucky with over 50 other offers including Penn St, FSU, Ole Miss and ARKY I am quite certain he would have came to AU... but no offer came... Good offensive line prospect

17 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Zeek, you got any info on why AU didn't offer Kobe Keenum, offensive line prospect from Florence area? No AU offer. He committed to Kentucky with over 50 other offers including Penn St, FSU, Ole Miss and ARKY I am quite certain he would have came to AU... but no offer came... Good offensive line prospect

Has Kobe Keenum camped or visited? That seems to be a big criteria for this staff divvying out offers. They like to see and meet prospects in person.

17 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Has Kobe Keenum camped or visited? That seems to be a big criteria for this staff divvying out offers. They like to see and meet prospects in person.

I know he has been on campus numerous times. Not sure if it was official or unofficial. Also know Harsin visited his school back in the spring. Their high school has another D1 prospect for 2024

JLee and Keith put in predictions for Wilky Denaud to Auburn. Medium confidence though, but they think he announces relatively soon

• Like 1