What could have been

cole256

Just sitting here thinking about what if scoot Henderson had played on last year's team. Almost started crying

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

If you are going to do what if - Mine would have been Sharife and Thor playing a second year so they would have played with Kessler and Jabari.

• Like 2

With Thor at the 3 and a penetrator and passer like Cooper, AU would or could or should have been unstoppable.

• Like 3

I'm just not as big on Cooper as many of you.  He's an awesome player and yes we needed him but You all will see when scoot get to the NBA what I'm talking about. Scoot will be a top 5 PG in the NBA one day I think

Sharife is a better playmaker, but Henderson is solid in that regard. Probably a rather easy championship if he did come, but what can you do 

3 would’ve required some work just like Sharife’s did, but Scoot was looking like he belonged in that rising stars game every time he touched the ball. It’s really just comes down to projecting. Sharife definitely would’ve been better to me from day one, and Scoot would’ve probably been better in a year 2. 

1 hour ago, autan said:

With Thor at the 3 and a penetrator and passer like Cooper, AU would or could or should have been unstoppable.

I like the what ifs of just returning the guys who left early from that team. If you get essentially the exact Sharife we got in 2020 and a more consistent version offensively of the JT we got, you shore up like 2 of the 3 aspects that killed last season’s team. That team didn’t need a transcendent top 5 star, they just needed who they already had and unfortunately lost 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cole256 said:

Just sitting here thinking about what if scoot Henderson had played on last year's team. Almost started crying

We've had too many of those lately.  Heck we could be in the midst of a dynasty right now.  Shows how close we are.  If only Chuma didn't get hurt ....

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

I just want us to see it through and win one, something I never truly thought remotely possible unless we got really lucky before Bruce came.  Now I wish for that 1 piece that takes us over the top.  Big difference. 

The one I've been thinking more about is what might have been if Chance Westry had reclassed up a year and been on that team, giving us a legitimate make-a-play-when-you-need-to type of ball handler. Or if Allen Flanigan just hadn't gotten hurt and started the season full strength, providing that "big guard" who could drive the lane.

Scoot would have given us the same type of thing, just in more of a classic PG body. While I'd not dreamed about him being on the team so much, and I'll take Cole's word on exactly *how* good Scoot is compared to the rest of basketball, because I think it's pretty clear he has a sharper eye than mine when it comes to the round ball (the inflated one, anyway; I do know a bit about baseball), but there's no doubt he would have given us a different gear than we had.

The good news is hope continually springs eternal for the basketball program while Bruce is around, and we've got the kind of ingredients it takes to make a run yet again this season. It absolutely tickles me silly that we have at least four different guys who could be the primary ballhandler without breaking a sweat after experiencing the disaster that was the 20-21 season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AUBwins said:

We've had too many of those lately.  Heck we could be in the midst of a dynasty right now.  Shows how close we are.  If only Chuma didn't get hurt ....

Yeah, chuma injury hurts too.....what really hurts is if you were to look it up I fussed about Samir being undisciplined and leaving his feet jumping wildly to defend shots multiple times through out the season.......and it came back to bite us at the absolute worst time and place

• Like 1

I'll absolutely give you that. I don't know too much about baseball, and I was horrible at it. Only sport that I tried that I was just horrible at. 

6 hours ago, cole256 said:

Yeah, chuma injury hurts too.....what really hurts is if you were to look it up I fussed about Samir being undisciplined and leaving his feet jumping wildly to defend shots multiple times through out the season.......and it came back to bite us at the absolute worst time and place

Yes I remember you saying that after the near miss in New Mexico game.  Can't believe that is the way we ended up losing it when we just tempted fate in game 1.

16 hours ago, AUBwins said:

they probably make it to the SEC CG if Anfernee doesn't get hurt either. We do seem like a what if program in both sports, but I always commend CBP for not allowing his program to be limited to one shot every 5 year average 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

they probably make it to the SEC CG if Anfernee doesn't get hurt either. We do seem like a what if program in both sports, but I always commend CBP for not allowing his program to be limited to one shot every 5 year average 

Yes that is something that makes Bruce stand out.  He keeps coming back with it.  Proving we aren't a fluke.  Recruits taking notice obviously.  We are on the board with a lot that maybe we don't get as well.  Just making it happen.  I hope Bruce can solve that puzzle and finish the deal for everyone's sake, especially his. He deserves so much for what he's done with this program.

• Like 1

Don’t forget Okoro, chuma, sharif, Thor, Kessler and Jabari could have all been on the same team.   That’s if chuma would have redshirted and Covid year

• 2 months later...

Don't know how many of you follow NBA....scoot will be the most talented number 2 ever. Victor what's his name is unreal, scoot went directly at him. Scoot isn't a social media guy, he isn't a talky guy, he's a bulldog. Not backing down. He still shined in his own right. 

I feel more confident than ever. He would have been the best guard to ever walk on Auburn campus. Period.

Oh and I think now we can all agree it's laughable to think he regrets or should have done this or whatever that article that was posted on here was. Writers will steer you wrong as well. They want views and clicks. Just because they write doesn't mean they have integrity

On 7/22/2022 at 9:24 PM, AUBwins said:

If only the refs could call a double dribble right in front of them.  Or if Harper had made that last free throw. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1