Development

7 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

What is his commit date

8/5 I believe 

57 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

In the next two weeks, yes.  We're most likely going to land numbers 4* players

Well that’s exciting . Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Just wish we wouldn’t slow play the 3 stars before it’s too late

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Well that’s exciting . Let’s keep our fingers crossed. Just wish we wouldn’t slow play the 3 stars before it’s too late

One the 1st part, believe we're looking at my ~7 commits and I think 6 are 4* kids.  3 of them are 4* kids in the '24 class.

On the second part, I agree.  Seems like we don't do a good job of leading on our Group 2 type kids and let them stray too much and head elsewhere or when we come back we are having to make up a ton of ground.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sizzle said:

We have. We’ve been star chasing and missing and the lower rated guys not waiting around forever so now we’re trying to circle back around to the lower rated guys and see if they’re still interested 

How else should they recruit though?

You have to first pursue the top guys, if they don't catch on you move down your board and pursue the next round of guys.  Just because the lower rated guys jumped and committed elsewhere doesn't mean Auburn made them wait around forever - it's flipping July. :dunno:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

One the 1st part, believe we're looking at my ~7 commits and I think 6 are 4* kids.  3 of them are 4* kids in the '24 class.

On the second part, I agree.  Seems like we don't do a good job of leading on our Group 2 type kids and let them stray too much and head elsewhere or when we come back we are having to make up a ton of ground.  

Right ? I am keeping out hope but to me that’s been the biggest disappointment because I feel like we for sure could’ve filled our needs with these caliber kids. You don’t want to live off this but we can afford to do this while we are “rebuilding.”

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, DAG said:

Right ? I am keeping out hope but to me that’s been the biggest disappointment because I feel like we for sure could’ve filled our needs with these caliber kids. You don’t want to live off this but we can afford to do this while we are “rebuilding.”

Yeah, we can't have another class of 17 kids.  We need bodies.  It does seem like we're about to get a good push of kids before the season

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JerryAU said:

How else should they recruit though?

You have to first pursue the top guys, if they don't catch on you move down your board and pursue the next round of guys.  Just because the lower rated guys jumped and committed elsewhere doesn't mean Auburn made them wait around forever - it's flipping July. :dunno:

The same teams get the top rated guys every year except for a few anomalies. We ain’t one of them. With the early signing day you need to have a lot of recruiting done before the season even starts.

By the time the season starts, coaches are focused on the season and not much recruiting. Saying it’s just July doesn’t work anymore. 

43 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

The same teams get the top rated guys every year except for a few anomalies. We ain’t one of them. With the early signing day you need to have a lot of recruiting done before the season even starts.

By the time the season starts, coaches are focused on the season and not much recruiting. Saying it’s just July doesn’t work anymore. 

I understand what you're saying, but this will be the 5th yr of December early signing period and every college coach should be prepared for the hurry-up type recruiting.

I think the problem is "We ain't one of them" in terms of gathering top rated prospects so far.  We may not have a staff full of elite recruiters BUT I'm willing to cut them some slack because they had to get accustomed to the landscape down here and the cut-throat recruiting trails they've had to navigate for the last 12-16 months.  

I just feel like there are a ton of 4*'s on the table and with Big Cat this week I think we see a huge up tick in commits to the O&B. 

• Like 2

Another thing on this topic because I think it belongs under development. A lot of our guys look to be putting on some serious mass. Seen some workout pictures with guys looking a lot bigger and more toned. I'm hopeful that this helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, W.E.D said:

A class of '24 commitment is worth less than a glass of tap water at this point in time. Forget them for a year.

So, you expect three 4* guys to commit in the next few days? Quite the optimist!

• Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Mikey said:

A class of '24 commitment is worth less than a glass of tap water at this point in time. Forget them for a year.

So, you expect three 4* guys to commit in the next few days? Quite the optimist!

Yes, who cares that we get an elite QB, top EDGE rusher on board early.

Don't need any commits leading the way and recruiting others

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Yes, who cares that we get an elite QB, top EDGE rusher on board early.

If current recruiting doesn't pick up, there will be a coaching change before '24 and all bets will be off, as will most if not all '24 recruits. The class that matters now is '23.

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, Mikey said:

A bird in the hand......

It's best to get 'em while you can, generate some positive vibes for the program immediately.  It's also a feather in the staff's cap when they get their year-end reviews.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, JerryAU said:

A bird in the hand......

It's best to get 'em while you can, generate some positive vibes for the program immediately.  It's also a feather in the staff's cap when they get their year-end reviews.

Making a big deal out of getting '24 commitments at this point in time is drinking some mighty watered-down whiskey.

15 hours ago, Mikey said:

Making a big deal out of getting '24 commitments at this point in time is drinking some mighty watered-down whiskey.

I bought a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean over the weekend - very tasty over ice on these hot summer nights.  🥃

Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea Voyage 20 Bourbon Whiskey at CaskCartel.com

8 hours ago, JerryAU said:

I bought a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean over the weekend - very tasty over ice on these hot summer nights.  🥃

Jefferson's Ocean Aged at Sea Voyage 20 Bourbon Whiskey at CaskCartel.com

That will do a lot more good than a class of '24 commitment at this point in time.

• Haha 2

On 7/25/2022 at 3:04 PM, Sizzle said:

Coaches focus on recruiting year round. If they don't, they won't be employed long

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/25/2022 at 3:04 PM, Sizzle said:

who are those teams?

1 hour ago, eaglenest said:

who are those teams?

Are you joking? Here's a link to the top teams for 2022. You can choose other years and go back about as many as you choose. You'll see the same few teams over and over, with the occasional outsider making the top five in the odd year. This is a no-brainer.

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2022/all-teams/football

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, eaglenest said:

who are those teams?

It’s the same few teams who’ve won/competed in all the national championships this last decade plus. Bama, OSU, Clemson, UGA

This is another reason why I see a 16-team playoff happening with the merger of mega conferences. If it were up to me, I would get rid of all these ridiculous bowl games and just have a 16-team playoffs.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, DAG said:

This is another reason why I see a 16-team playoff happening with the merger of mega conferences. If it were up to me, I would get rid of all these ridiculous bowl games and just have a 16-team playoffs.

But  bowl games gives players gift bags. It's also a reward for a 6-6 season

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

Most of ur key players would probably play with something on the line rather than sit out.

• Like 1