Cooper re-signed with the Hawks on a two-way contract

aubiefifty

Cooper re-signed with the Hawks on a two-way contract Friday, Keith Smith of Spotrac.com reports.

Cooper -- the 48th overall pick in the 2021 NBA Draft -- was on a two-way contract with the Hawks last year as well. During the G League regular season, he averaged 17.1 points, 6.9 assists, 4.0 rebounds and 1.0 steals. In the NBA, he played 39 total minutes and recorded seven points, five rebounds and five assists. Cooper's role could increase slightly next year, but he's not expected to be fantasy relevant even in deep leagues.

More News

Seems like they basically thought about bringing him back one day then said forget it by another day 

They (the coaches) clearly didn’t think the world of him with depending on Delon Wright and Lou Will as backup playmakers, but I thought he still had a strong chance to make the main roster, even with the horrid summer league 

Wish him the best, really really poor decision to declare early unfortunately 

On 7/26/2022 at 11:58 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Wish him the best, really really poor decision to declare early unfortunately 

Yup.

It doesn’t mean it’s over. It just doesn’t seem very promising.

He would have been so good in college a couple more years. May not have ever translated to NBA. I don’t blame him for trying it. I just wish he didn’t. Basically the same with Jared Harper even having only one year left. 

• WarTiger changed the title to Cooper re-signed with the Hawks on a two-way contract