Jump to content

So...3 saban assistants


Recommended Posts

Get caught cheating at Tennessee. How convenient?   I guess they never did that while working in turdtown.  Unreal

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites





uat cheat? I never heard of such……..

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Easy…..Director of Recruiting, Bethany Gunn, was a former Auburn employee, and I believe grad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's a Family Tradition at Bama.     Go back in history to all the former assistants under "Bahr" who became head coaches and eventually got hammered for major NCAA violations/probabations.    Charley Pell, Danny Ford and our own Pat Dye to name a few.     They were just doing what they had seen done in the past but made one big mistake.

They weren't coaching at the untouchable UAT.

BTW, for those who don't remember, Pruitt was a key "deliverer" of players to Saban when he first got the machine rolling.    Landed himself a staff position because of it.    Again, he got sloppy and forgot he wasn't coaching a Bammer anymore. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@1auburn1

wasn't pruitt the guy at hoover who had someone's HS grades changed, just so he could go to bammer?  sounds like pruitt is a little on the updykish side.  even got his wife involved in the shenanigans.  geez

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes he was.  Josh Chapman.    Like I said, he worked to get him delivered and then landed a job with Saban

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TigerPAC said:

Get caught cheating at Tennessee. How convenient?   I guess they never did that while working in turdtown.  Unreal

Didn't u know Tuskaloser is made of Teflon

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 9:41 AM, 1auburn1 said:

It's a Family Tradition at Bama.     Go back in history to all the former assistants under "Bahr" who became head coaches and eventually got hammered for major NCAA violations/probabations.    Charley Pell, Danny Ford and our own Pat Dye to name a few.     They were just doing what they had seen done in the past but made one big mistake.

They weren't coaching at the untouchable UAT.

BTW, for those who don't remember, Pruitt was a key "deliverer" of players to Saban when he first got the machine rolling.    Landed himself a staff position because of it.    Again, he got sloppy and forgot he wasn't coaching a Bammer anymore. 

It will be interesting to see if anything ever crops up with Sarkisian (Texas) & Christabol (Miami) now that we see them shooting up the recruiting rankings + Smart (UGA), Kiffin (OM), Locksley (Maryland), Tucker (MSU), Napier (UF), etc. etc. that coaching tree is widespread. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JerryAU said:

It will be interesting to see if anything ever crops up with Sarkisian (Texas) & Christabol (Miami) now that we see them shooting up the recruiting rankings + Smart (UGA), Kiffin (OM), Locksley (Maryland), Tucker (MSU), Napier (UF), etc. etc. that coaching tree is widespread. 

Well, there’s really not going to be such thing as a violation of rules anymore outside of criminal activity so they’re all good!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was Jeremy Pruitt ever in any trouble while at Florida State under Jimbo? Pruitt was the DC there when they beat us for the Natty in 2013. They won like 27 games in a row during that stretch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

That's where Pat Dye learned to cheat at. He coached under Bear Bryant and learned the tricks and later brought those tricks to Auburn. They worked really well until a player got pissed off and spilled the beans. Every school cheats but some are better at hiding it. Jeremy Pruitt was just Forrest Gump level of stupid with how he went about cheating. It worked when he coached under Rush Probst at Hoover and Saban and Jimbo in college. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...