In case you didn't know where the "grooming" hysteria originated

Well then, guess what? I know several same sex couples that are born again. If it’s sin then it is no worse than my being fat etc. We all sin. The blood washes us clean even though we may still sin. Will it cost you? Yes, certainly but no more than the rest of the imperfectly born again. 

Edited by DKW 86

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Who is “demonizing “ homosexuals in this thread? Just trying to figure why your mind went there.

We've got people on the forum who are calling homosexuality a sin. 

Calling someone a sinner simply because of the way God created them qualifies as "demonizing" IMO.

• Like 1

If you mean identifying homosexuality as a sin and against the Bible, churches are well within their right and should do so. If that is “demonizing” so be it. It is called accountability within the church. The Bible is very clear regarding this subject. It doesn’t mean the sinner cannot be saved if he has committed this sin. All sin can be forgiven but requires repentance (turning away) from the sin and not persisting in the sin.

As I've said before many Church's and Christians only believe in accountability for certain sins and sinners. 

It's very easy for a typical evangelical Church to preach against homosexuality on a regular basis and take a hard stance on it's sinfulness because for 90%+ of evangelical Churches they know that an openly homosexual person would never set foot in their Church to begin with so they aren't stepping on any toes or risking any membership or donations or stepping on the toes of an influential member. 

Do these same Churches hold the same level of accountability to unbiblical divorces and adultery? How many evangelical Churches out there will openly teach that a heterosexual person who has a sinful divorce can never marry again the rest of their lives? That's in the bible....yet is mostly ignored or waved away by all but a few denominations because THAT's a sin that is fairly common among Christians and in church's. 

"Oh, yeah my divorce may have been unbiblical or i may have cheated on my spouse, but I asked for forgiveness of that sin so of course God will allow me to remarry again without issue", that's usually the excuse made by people in this situation, but it runs completely contrary to what the scripture actually says. That person can be forgiven for their sins, but the Bible says they can't re-enter into another marriage....similar to how they believe gays can never enter into a gay relationship and have to remain single the rest of their lives...but suddenly when the same condition applies to heterosexual Christians...eh...the rules for that can be bent and reinterpreted. 

There's no real difference between a homosexual couple in a relationship and a heterosexual couple in a un-biblical relationship due to previous divorces or infidelity, but only one of those couples are actually held "accountable" by most Churches. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Thanks 1

As I've said before many Church's and Christians only believe in accountability for certain sins and sinners. 

It's very easy for a typical evangelical Church to preach against homosexuality on a regular basis and take a hard stance on it's sinfulness because for 90%+ of evangelical Churches they know that an openly homosexual person would never set foot in their Church to begin with so they aren't stepping on any toes or risking any membership or donations or stepping on the toes of an influential member. 

Do these same Churches hold the same level of accountability to unbiblical divorces and adultery? How many evangelical Churches out there will openly teach that a heterosexual person who has a sinful divorce can never marry again the rest of their lives? That's in the bible....yet is mostly ignored or waved away by all but a few denominations because THAT's a sin that is fairly common among Christians and in church's. 

"Oh, yeah my divorce may have been unbiblical or i may have cheated on my spouse, but I asked for forgiveness of that sin so of course God will allow me to remarry again without issue", that's usually the excuse made by people in this situation, but it runs completely contrary to what the scripture actually says. That person can be forgiven for their sins, but the Bible says they can't re-enter into another marriage....similar to how they believe gays can never enter into a gay relationship and have to remain single the rest of their lives...but suddenly when the same condition applies to heterosexual Christians...eh...the rules for that can be bent and reinterpreted. 

There's no real difference between a homosexual couple in a relationship and a heterosexual couple in a un-biblical relationship due to previous divorces or infidelity, but only one of those couples are actually held "accountable" by most Churches. 

The short answer is yes. I have known of numerous churches to address this issue with members of their congregation. It is more common than you might think.  If you don’t like churches or Christians because they are not perfect you don’t understand. Christian churches are full of sinners.  Nobody is perfect, ever. No question adultery is  as bad as same sex sex. The remarriage issue is a sticky one that has torn many churches apart. The participants and pastors will be judged for their actions.

We've got people on the forum who are calling homosexuality a sin. 

Calling someone a sinner simply because of the way God created them qualifies as "demonizing" IMO.

Question was directed to ICHY in regards to the thread conversation. Trying to understand how disagreeing with a curriculum relates to “demonizing” gays. You are no help but you thanks for the effort.

• Facepalm 1