Staff, recruiting, NIL and the portal

TigerHorn

7 hours ago, oracle79 said:

IMO Auburn can do it the Dabo way, but we're not gonna' do it the Saban, Kirby, or Day way (meaning we aren't gonna finish in the top 4 every year in recruiting).

When Dabo was competing for the title he had 1) a great QB 2) playmakers and/or home run hitters at WR and RB, and 3) most importantly a dominant Defensive Line. Get that and you can live with high 3 and low 4 stars every where else. And Auburn should be capable of recruiting at that level.

Idk what you call the Dabo way but they had elite recruiting, multiple 5*, and a ton of high draft picks.

Not kuch different from the "Saban" way. Also, most of his classes were lowered primarily due to size

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUwent said:

Beating Alabama does that.

Yeah, lots of little brothers look at it as the sole barometer of success 

• Like 2

On 7/27/2022 at 8:46 PM, NWALA Tiger said:

Not sure all that will ever happen... Even if Greene and Harsin are gone, history tells us AU will never be completely aligned. Not with Tubbs, Gustav, Chiz, Bowden. Only exception is Dye...Think about it, the big $ men at AU supposedly wanted Kevin Steele... This is Auburn, always been dysfunctional,  prob always will be.

NIL is not boosters cutting checks to players. It is a whole different ball game. This is business, industries etc. wanting players endorsements etc. and unfortunately, Auburn was one of the last out of the gates to get organized on this.

4 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

NIL is not boosters cutting checks to players. It is a whole different ball game. This is business, industries etc. wanting players endorsements etc. and unfortunately, Auburn was one of the last out of the gates to get organized on this.

Come on man, you don't really believe that do u?    U don't think boosters are sliding in money to players under the gise of NIL?They were doing it b4 NIL at the risk of NCAA sanctions. They are absolutely doing it now with no fear of NCAA reprimand 

Edited by NWALA Tiger

• Like 2

That would be INSAAAAAAAAANELY satisfying.

Look, I have no illusion that we're going to perennially finish with top five recruiting classes. But we should constantly be top 15, sometimes top 10.

Seems like we did that about eight years in a row, and then there was a change, and then it didn’t happen anymore. 😂

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

But, but, but, this can’t be true because everyone on here says: the boosters don’t like Harsin, so they’re withholding money.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Seems like we did that about eight years in a row, and then there was a change, and then it didn’t happen anymore. 😂

Those 8 years we didn't fill roster needs just tried to have highly rated classes.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

But, but, but, this can’t be true because everyone on here says: the boosters don’t like Harsin, so they’re withholding money.

What does that have to do with Amazon?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Nothing he's just throwing bait

• Like 1

200.gif.58a7f32a2b8d2d665179d41323d835e7.gif

That's fair. But, admittedly to move the goalposts, OL needs to be a part of that. And my comment was mainly in response to the notion that we'd better just get used to finishing alongside Eastern Michigan because of NIL.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

And my comment was mainly in response to the notion that we'd better just get used to finishing alongside Eastern Michigan because of NIL.

Good lord sometimes you amaze me in the wrong way but keep posting Moriarty

• Haha 1

Good lord sometimes you amaze me in the wrong way but keep posting Moriarty

I was exaggerating. I'm just not buying the fatalistic belief that NIL will shut down our recruiting.

• Like 1

I was exaggerating. I'm just not buying the fatalistic belief that NIL will shut down our recruiting.

Don’t believe it will shut it down but it logically will push us behind those we don’t keep up with, just like mcdonald’s bags improve recruiting until they got caught.

Those 8 years we didn't fill roster needs just tried to have highly rated classes.

I see, and that’s how we beat Saban 3 times and averaged four losses per season in the toughest conference in college football! Won a SEC championship, played for a national championship, won 2 SEC west championships, Beat the number one team in the country, twice in one season. Just to have highly rated classes. Yes, that makes perfect sense.

• Thanks 1

That's fair. But, admittedly to move the goalposts, OL needs to be a part of that. And my comment was mainly in response to the notion that we'd better just get used to finishing alongside Eastern Michigan because of NIL.

Makes sense! 

• Thanks 1

That’s because you have common sense.

• Thanks 1

How can you possibly miss the point? It really wasn’t hard to figure out.

TJ gets NIL money from Amazon, first player in college football to do so. But many uninformed on here, say the reason Harsin can’t recruit is because the boosters aren’t paying the recruits like other schools etc. etc. etc. so the question is what does Amazon have to do with Auburn boosters? The answer is: absolutely nothing! Do you get it now?

Nothing he's just throwing bait

I would try to explain, but you’ve showed on several occasions, you really don’t have the intellect to understand. This by the way is certainly not meant to be an insult, it is a statement of fact.

• Like 1