2023 4* Edge | Wilky Denaud | Commits to Auburn!!!

Zeek

If we land Wilky we'll go from 78th to 65th passing Ole Miss. Baby steps.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zeek said:

feeling really confident

That was the death knell right there

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• augolf1716 changed the title to 2023 4* Edge | Wilky Denaud | Commits to Auburn

Auburn lands commitment from 4-star edge Wilky Denaud ahead of Big Cat

73 seconds ago

Late Kick Blitz: Making the case for Auburn to go over their win total

Before Big Cat Weekend could get started Auburn already has landed a commitment, and this one comes at a much-needed spot. Wilky Denaud, a 4-star defensive lineman from John Carroll high school in Fort Pierce, Florida, announced his commitment to Auburn on Wednesday.

Denaud chose Auburn over Florida State, Tennessee and Indiana. 

"I like how they’re doing things there — how their performance is going to be this year," Denaud told Auburn Undercover. "I feel like Coach Roc (Bellantoni) has the plan and he’s putting it on the platform. I think he has a great — he’s a great guy and he knows what he’s doing, he knows his stuff. Not only has he produced players in the league, but he’s a good, well-rounded person. He’s a dude who’s not blowing smoke, he’ll tell you how it is and that’s something that I like."

Bellantoni is a big reason why Denaud landed on Auburn.

"I mean he’s really one of the reasons I want to go there," Denaud said. "He’s kept it real with me and told me what it is and what it’s not."

Denaud is the No. 337 player in the 247Sports Composite and No. 47 defensive lineman, but is set to be an edge at Auburn. Edge, of course, is a big spot of need for Auburn in the class. Both Derick Hall and Marcus Bragg will be out of eligibility after this season, and senior Eku Leota could depart, too. If Leota were to leave, that would leave Auburn with just then-redshirt sophomore Dylan Brooks and converted edge Joko Willis. Edge was a major priority for Auburn in this class, and now Auburn has one.

"I mean, I want to play right away," Denaud said. "I knew I would be able to play right away whatever school I went to, but I definitely feel like I have a better chance of getting on the field right away with Auburn and their senior class leaving."

The new football facility at Auburn and the chance to be the first group in was a positive for Denaud, too.

"Just the facilities alone will help me get to the next level," Denaud said. "They have everything possible for me to get to the next level. When I do come in there I want to be one of the ones that sets those records and also be one of the ones to break those old records and start something new at their facilities."

Originally planning to commit after taking official visits during the season, Denaud moved up his timeline and chose to commit early, coming at a prime time for the Tigers.

"Spots were filling fast and then that transfer portal, I don’t know what could happen with that transfer portal so I just wanted to be able to have a spot at a school that I wanted," Denaud said.

The decision, though, alleviates some stress for Denaud.

"I feel like it’ll be less stressful for me thinking about those decisions and what to make," Denaud said. "I feel like I’ll have a better season in whole, maybe winning a state championship, too."

Though he's unable to make it to Big Cat Weekend on Saturday due to practice obligations, Denaud got the fireworks going early for Auburn. A few more commitments could now be on the way for Auburn this weekend joining Denaud.

Denaud is Auburn's fifth commitment in the class, and all five are a 4-star in the 247Sports Composite. Wide receiver Karmello English checks in at No. 154, running back Jeremiah Cobb at No. 196, safety Terrance Love at No. 255, Denaud now at No. 337 and interior offensive lineman Bradyn Joiner at No. 388. 

In three seasons at John Carroll, Denaud has racked up a combined 157 tackles, 50 tackles for loss and 21.5 sacks.

Denaud is planning to be an early enrollee.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Hopefully this is the beginning of the snowball rolling right through Big Cat Weekend!

• Like 3

Big get at debatably our second largest position of need.

• Like 5

• Zeek changed the title to 2023 4* Edge | Wilky Denaud | Commits to Auburn!!!
  • Zeek featured this topic

Dang, settled for yet another 3 diamond in the rough...

/sarcasm

• Haha 4

Good to see another position coach finally get good results instead of the same usual few. Might take Wilky awhile to adjust once he gets on campus. HS to college is already a big jump but iirc hes going from a really small HS to D1 ball

Need to pick up more 4* like this kid. War Eagle! 🦅 

DE10FBEE-3A96-4772-AA17-AE689C7EDBCF.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Per Rivals, we are leading the SEC in recruit ranking. Quality is there. Now we need to quantity. 8C1F2860-C71A-4589-AF82-F3A9E231B348.thumb.jpeg.4e96f49b40c354a603b571cbcfe4794e.jpeg

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Per Rivals, we are leading the SEC in recruit ranking. Quality is there. Now we need to quantity. 8C1F2860-C71A-4589-AF82-F3A9E231B348.thumb.jpeg.4e96f49b40c354a603b571cbcfe4794e.jpeg

Maybe we keep it rolling this wkend at Big Cat. Also hear Jelani Thurman has scheduled another visit to AU... Funny how  just a little positive news can change the narrative 

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Maybe we keep it rolling this wkend at Big Cat. Also hear Jelani Thurman has scheduled another visit to AU... Funny how  just a little positive news can change the narrative 

Jelani and Bo coming is nice. I think we'll have to match the dollar amount for Jelani if we want a chance. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Jelani and Bo coming is nice. I think we'll have to match the dollar amount for Jelani if we want a chance. 

Would like to get Jelani... Would LOVE to get BO

• Like 1