2023 4* Edge | Wilky Denaud | Commits to Auburn!!!

Zeek

How hard is his commit?  Taking visits (I would too though for life experiences), but he gave the coaches his pitch to prepare for.  Just curious the thoughts. 

17 hours ago, Zeek said:

If we land Wilky we'll go from 78th to 65th passing Ole Miss. Baby steps.

Note to all these ppl claiming they want Lane.  His recruiting is worse than ours

• Like 5

Seems like a solid pick up that will probably grow into a SDE.  Hopefully pick up the EDGE Nebraska is pushing out of their class this weekend at Big Cat

1 hour ago, Hank2020 said:

Thats a great one for a recruiting page!!

Agreed.  Had trouble finding it at one time.  Glad I found the perfect Gif version. 

9 hours ago, kennypowers said:

How hard is his commit?  Taking visits (I would too though for life experiences), but he gave the coaches his pitch to prepare for.  Just curious the thoughts. 

He's an early enrollee so I like our odds.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Note to all these ppl claiming they want Lane.  His recruiting is worse than ours

Not really.  Lane's use of the portal got Ole Miss in second place nationally, behind only So. Cal. AU is 23rd.  Overall, he's way ahead of AU in bringing in new talent.

https://247sports.com/Season/2022-Football/TransferTeamRankings/

Edited by Mikey
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

10 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Not really.  Lane's use of the portal got Ole Miss in second place nationally, behind only So. Cal. AU is 23rd.  Overall, he's way ahead of AU in bringing in new talent.

But, not ahead in recruiting. If you lament AU’s recruiting position (as many have)(and I certainly agree we could use more recruits), if you are even handed , Ole Miss at this point is worse off than we are. I know we have a long way to go but the perceived quality of our 5 recruits are ver high.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

But, not ahead in recruiting. If you lament AU’s recruiting position (as many have)(and I certainly agree we could use more recruits), if you are even handed , Ole Miss at this point is worse off than we are. I know we have a long way to go but the perceived quality of our 5 recruits are ver high.

Do you hold the position that acquiring talent through the portal is not recruiting? The only difference I see is that portal acquisitions and high school/JUCO acquisitions are put on different lists by the recruiting services. When they get to the practice field the talent that is available on the field is what matters, not what the sources of that talent were.

Lane Kiffin's new talent for the 2022 season is way ahead of AU's new talent for '22. Future years have yet to play out. It will be roughly this time next year before we have the final results for '23.

29 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Do you hold the position that acquiring talent through the portal is not recruiting? The only difference I see is that portal acquisitions and high school/JUCO acquisitions are put on different lists by the recruiting services. When they get to the practice field the talent that is available on the field is what matters, not what the sources of that talent were.

Lane Kiffin's new talent for the 2022 season is way ahead of AU's new talent for '22. Future years have yet to play out. It will be roughly this time next year before we have the final results for '23.

I do not hold that position. I also do not believe we should include last years portal acquisitions with this years recruiting stats. Ole Miss did indeed have an impressive portal collective  last portal cycle. I also understand ole Miss excellent portal acquisitions were due to the high probability they would see the field almost immediately (due to lesser quality players). Most of ours (portal players)will also as they were chosen basis holes/needs. I say we will field a better team this year than Ole Miss if we indeed get good play from our QB/WR group. I always thought you were a bammer but obviously must be closet OLe Miss fan ( most if them are unless you live in Miss.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's not sustainable to rely so heavy on the portal

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Lane Kiffin's new talent for the 2022 season is way ahead of AU's new talent for '22.

Good job Mikey. You do not disappoint with your always negative take on anything Auburn/Harsin related (Hilliard is the exception that proves the rule).

Now I need some more reality checking to slow this positive momentum roll. Step up @GunsmithAU, @passthebiscuits, etc.

Edited by oracle79
spelling
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

It's not sustainable to rely so heavy on the portal

He can recruit. Salesman.  He can't deliver however.  Just Gus but at ole miss.  And with more baggage.  He'll be gone in the next 2 seasons. Great OC.  Bad HC.  

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

28 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Good job Mikey. You do not disappoint with your always negative take on anything Auburn/Harsin related (Hillard is the exception that proves the rule).

Now I need some more reality checking to slow this positive momentum roll. Step up @GunsmithAU, @passthebiscuits, etc.

Ask and you shall receive. 

Meh. Not lights out, bit a decent developmental prospect. Destined for a redshirt so we shall see if Harsin can "coach em up" if he survives his impending back to back losing seasons. 

Edited by GunsmithAU
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

He can recruit. Salesman.  He can't deliver however.  Just Gus but at ole miss.  And with more baggage.  He'll be gone in the next 2 seasons. Great OC.  Bad HC.  

He did a damn good job as HC in Boca and has this far been very good at ole miss. 

Gus didn't have half this guys career as an innovative and successful offensive mind. 

If true he will never be a great HC, he will still always be a better coach option than Gus. 

13 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Ask and you shall receive. 

Meh. Not lights out, bit a decent developmental prospect. Destined for a redshirt so we shall see if Harsin can "coach em up" if he survives his impending back to back losing seasons. 

Applaud! That’s a really awesome positive attitude there!!

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, provibe said:

Applaud! That’s a really awesome positive attitude there!!

Hey, we can't let this positivity go unchecked into sunshine pumping territory. 

Thank me for doing the lord's work.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GunsmithAU said:

He did a damn good job as HC in Boca and has this far been very good at ole miss. 

Gus didn't have half this guys career as an innovative and successful offensive mind. 

If true he will never be a great HC, he will still always be a better coach option than Gus. 

He may be better than Gus, but I can imagine the uproar on this board if he was AU coach and used his "analytics" like he did against AU last year. Those decisions  helped cost Ole Miss the game . AU fans would have wanted to ship him  off to Chop Suey China

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

He may be better than Gus, but I can imagine the uproar on this board if he was AU coach and used his "analytics" like he did against AU last year. Those decisions  helped cost Ole Miss the game . AU fans would have wanted to ship him  off to Chop Suey China

Meh I'm fine with analytics. Most coaches use them. Statistics don't lie, but stistics done matter to the individual. It's a balance game. Can't really bitch about a 10 win season as ole miss. 

8 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

Meh I'm fine with analytics. Most coaches use them. Statistics don't lie, but stistics done matter to the individual. It's a balance game. Can't really bitch about a 10 win season as ole miss. 

LOL OK