Possible BCW Commitments

Zeek

2023 Prospects

4* ER Ashley Williams (currently committed to Nebraska)

3* DB Jacorious "JC" Hart

Former 4* DL Derrick Hunter

3* OL Vysen Lang

3* LB Marcellius Pulliam

3* OT Gernorris Wilson

3* OT Tyler Johnson

3* OT Jatavius Shivers

3* OL Connor Lew 

2024 Prospects

4* DB A'Mon Lane

4* QB Adrian Posse

4* QB Air Noland*

4* ER Sterling Dixon

4* RB J'Marion Burnette

The surprising thing to me right now is that it sounds like Posse is more likely than Air... we shall see

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I don't expect more than 2 in the 2023 class to pop off and same for 2024. Just a bunch of guys that all seem to be right on the verge of a commitment.

• Like 4

Not promising.  I had lunch last week with a former player who spoke to the team recently.  He said the kids are hyper focused on NIL.  Until we play this game better, we seem to be doomed (my thoughts, not his).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Butthead said:

Not promising.  I had lunch last week with a former player who spoke to the team recently.  He said the kids are hyper focused on NIL.  Until we play this game better, we seem to be doomed (my thoughts, not his).

It’s not surprising with On To Victory program kicking into gear this week that they would be hyped about NIL.

• Like 1

TJ Johnson and Shivers are both intriguing prospects. Many think there may not be all that huge a gap between them and Ramil/Hughley. I say at least push for one this weekend if their measurables check out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUGoo said:

ER?

Edge Rusher

I hate putting Edge and then a name it looks weird to me.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, toddc said:

It’s not surprising with On To Victory program kicking into gear this week that they would be hyped about NIL.

And The Plains NIL Club was scheduled to kick off last Friday which is run by our football players.  Kids are geared up and ready to get some 💲💲 in their pocket💲.  :jossun:

11 hours ago, toddc said:

7 hours ago, JerryAU said:

And The Plains NIL Club was scheduled to kick off last Friday which is run by our football players.  Kids are geared up and ready to get some 💲💲 in their pocket💲.  :jossun:

We have dueling NIL collectives? Is that a good thing?

12 hours ago, Mikey said:

We have dueling NIL collectives? Is that a good thing?

Two different programs set up for multiple ways of participation so more people can get involved. I’m sure you knew that though!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, toddc said:

Two different programs set up for multiple ways of participation so more people can get involved. I’m sure you knew that though!

More people can't get involved in multiple collectives than can get involved in one. What is one going to do, turn donors away, say they're filled up and send them to the other collective?

What we have now is two groups chasing the same dollar. Sounds like poor business to me.

• Haha 1

I respect him for hesitating on the historically slimey "open the vaults" concept but Harsin being a Johnny come lately buying into NILs somewhat explains our NIL programs just getting off the ground a year after the rest of the world. If as reported 6 mos ago he was being called on the carpet by BOT (or whomever) for not leading the NIL craze, why did those folks not put their energy into organizing AU NIL teams back then?

Way too much chatter about BH flipping.  IDK, seems like it is known to everyone or just too much hype an not going to happen/UGA makes a better offer similar to the 5* CB everyone had flipping a few months ago then poof.

Hope it is the former

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Way too much chatter about BH flipping.  IDK, seems like it is known to everyone or just too much hype an not going to happen/UGA makes a better offer similar to the 5* CB everyone had flipping a few months ago then poof.

Hope it is the former

Yea don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic if it happens this weekend, but I sorta wish it'd be a quiet late flip so that Kirby doesn't have as much time

50 minutes ago, au302 said:

Yea don't get me wrong, I'd be ecstatic if it happens this weekend, but I sorta wish it'd be a quiet late flip so that Kirby doesn't have as much time

I think we need it now for credibility or moment

• Like 1

I agree on "now" even if it doesn't hold up on NSD.  It could give us some momentum. If AU and BH wait, it will be forgotten and probably never happen. Kirby will do something to stop the presses. Come on down BH!

Getting 0 commits to day for '23 seems pretty par for the course.

Seems like we made good impressions with two or three guys and a few sites think we now lead....but we've seen that game go up in smoke a few times 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

Getting 0 commits to day for '23 seems pretty par for the course.

Seems like we made good impressions with two or three guys and a few sites think we now lead....but we've seen that game go up in smoke a few times 

Dukes is so far in on Hughley at this point that he's just gotta know something. I'd like to think he can't be that reckless. He's putting his reputation and career on the line with this one imo. So I repeat the balls and am gonna go down with him on this one and see if something happens before the end of tomorrow. If not then I'll probably move to us not getting him ever, lol

1 hour ago, autan said:

It's Now or Never. Thank you very much.😉

That's what Elvis said!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, au302 said:

Dukes is so far in on Hughley at this point that he's just gotta know something. I'd like to think he can't be that reckless. He's putting his reputation and career on the line with this one imo. So I repeat the balls and am gonna go down with him on this one and see if something happens before the end of tomorrow. If not then I'll probably move to us not getting him ever, lol

Dukes has a flip at 9 out of 10. Keith has it all but happening 

UGAs 247 site claims Bo talked to their coaches and assured them he's in their class.

So, Bo is lying to someone. Hope it isn't us. My confidence isn't high

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Dukes has a flip at 9 out of 10. Keith has it all but happening 

UGAs 247 site claims Bo talked to their coaches and assured them he's in their class.

So, Bo is lying to someone. Hope it isn't us. My confidence isn't high

If he talked to the UGA coaches and assured them he's staying with them, then you're right, he's lying to somebody. AU's staff feels pretty good about him.

I just think it is someone stirring the pot… Wish it were true

Word has it that a local kid who is under the radar is going to commit this weekend. Two words: speed kills.

• Like 1