Where does Auburn rank among College Football's top brands?

aubiefifty

I like something similar to this to add excitement to the bowl games. Which is far more than I suggested earlier. (E.g. Ole Miss)

images (3).jpeg

images (2).jpeg

Maybe that and a bowl game NIL deal for each one will get them to play.

• Like 1

Maybe that and a bowl game NIL deal for each one will get them to play.

Lord knows we're due to win one (bowl game) and that should atleast quell the complaints of hating the uniforms due to losing.....we were already doing that.

Real football can't get here soon enough.....

I seem to accidentally end up on the football forum for some reason and I regret it every time! 😢 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Because y'all can't see the forest for the tree, change doesn't mean the end of the world. Are people going to stop buying sprite because it is in a clear bottle now?  

You mean like...New Coke? 

That's what happens when you 'rebrand' a beloved classic.

Edited by WarrrEagleHey
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ole Miss for example has done a great job with their traditional color schemes.

Sorry, but to what end?

When I watch a college football game it's easy to recognize USC, Michigan, Ohio St., Penn St. Alabama, Oklahoma, Nebraska, etc. I think ours are recognizable as well because of tradition. I wouldn't be against a subtle almost unnoticeable improvement, but that's a slippery slope to ending up with some gay a$$ crap like Oregon and Maryland.

Sorry, but to what end?

When I watch a college football game it's easy to recognize USC, Michigan, Ohio St., Penn St. Alabama, Oklahoma, Nebraska, etc. I think ours are recognizable as well because of tradition. I wouldn't be against a subtle almost unnoticeable improvement, but that's a slippery slope to ending up with some gay a$$ crap like Oregon and Maryland.

Ohio St and Oklahoma have certainly worn alternate uni's. Pretty sure Nebraska has as well.

• Haha 1

All I know is CNS just said that last year was a “rebuilding year” for Bama…think about that type of branding . We need to win. Period. Fancy uniforms are cool for the fans and some prospects, I suppose.

• Thanks 1

Ohio St and Oklahoma have certainly worn alternate uni's. Pretty sure Nebraska has as well.

I'm sure they have. We wore dumba$$ orange jerseys against Georgia one year. But back to my original question, "To what end?"

• Like 1

All I know is CNS just said that last year was a “rebuilding year” for Bama…think about that type of branding . We need to win. Period. Fancy uniforms are cool for the fans and some prospects, I suppose.

That level of expectations is simply unrealistic for us, especially with our schedule year in and year out, sorry.

But yes, I wouldn't mind alternate unis on occasion.

Edited by AUwent

That level of expectations is simply unrealistic for us, especially with our schedule year in and year out, sorry. Even people who support Harsin are just hoping for an 8 win season this year--seriously, when can we realistically expect a double digit win season again?

I hear ya but I am not talking about this type of level. My point is consistent success on the field is the best branding. CBH failed last year in two departments. I am of the belief that at minimum Auburn should be winning 8 games a year. You can get a slight pass for a serious rebuild and I believe he deserves that. But that was last year. He does not get a pass from me, if we are under 8 games this year. With that being said, I would take a Mark Richt like results coach at Auburn (Yes I know Richt benefited from being in the east) with periodic times in the playoffs. I think that is a very reachable goal for Auburn.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I guess he's earned it, but I thought that was a pretty artificial statement from Saban. He knows he has nothing to "rebuild."

I do get why he said it. 

I guess he's earned it, but I thought that was a pretty artificial statement from Saban. He knows he has nothing to "rebuild."

I do get why he said it. 

I believe he meant talent wise. To be honest, that Alabama team was of course more talented than 99% of teams in college, but it was nowhere near as talented as several teams he has had coached before is what I think he was getting at. I thought the offensive line and defense was not up to par of "Alabama" standards. At least that is what I took from it.

• Like 1

I'm sure they have. We wore dumba$$ orange jerseys against Georgia one year. But back to my original question, "To what end?"

I proposed a season opener and/or bowl game uni change. 

I believe he meant talent wise. To be honest, that Alabama team was of course more talented than 99% of teams in college, but it was nowhere near as talented as several teams he has had coached before is what I think he was getting at. I thought the offensive line and defense was not up to par of "Alabama" standards. At least that is what I took from it.

I think you're right about what he meant, but I also call BS on Saban for saying it. That team was plenty talented. Full of future NFL players, as always. No one thinks Saban is in "rebuilding" mode. It was a fine season where they made it to the National Championship game. No one can win them all. 

Instead of just accepting that, he has to devalue what UGA accomplished. I think it bothers him that a former assistant finally got one on him. Saban is great at many things. But losing isn't one of them. 

I think you're right about what he meant, but I also call BS on Saban for saying it. That team was plenty talented. Full of future NFL players, as always. No one thinks Saban is in "rebuilding" mode. It was a fine season where they made it to the National Championship game. No one can win them all. 

Instead of just accepting that, he has to devalue what UGA accomplished. I think it bothers him that a former assistant finally got one on him. Saban is great at many things. But losing isn't one of them. 

2 former assistants!!!

• Like 1

Ahh we definitely see it different. Agree to disagree.

• Like 1

I hear ya but I am not talking about this type of level. My point is consistent success on the field is the best branding. CBH failed last year in two departments. I am of the belief that at minimum Auburn should be winning 8 games a year. You can get a slight pass for a serious rebuild and I believe he deserves that. But that was last year. He does not get a pass from me, if we are under 8 games this year. With that being said, I would take a Mark Richt like results coach at Auburn (Yes I know Richt benefited from being in the east) with periodic times in the playoffs. I think that is a very reachable goal for Auburn.

Thank you very much for elaborating. That's what I would aspire to as well.

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1

Saban thinks by their standards they were rebuilding last year and ultimately lucked into the CFP again, the 2020 vs 2021 draft proved it:

Top 10 picks  2020: 3 players        2021:  1 player

1st Round picks  2020: 6 players   2021:  2 players

Top 50 picks  2020: 8 players        2021:  4 players

Losing Mac Jones who ended up 2nd place for NFL rookie of the year, Waddle/Smith +1,000 yrs WR's, Najie Harris +1,000 yr rusher, Surtain ranked highly as an NFL rookie corner, Barmore/Dickerson/Leatherwood all NFL starting rookies on the lines. 

Now whether rebuilding is the proper terminology or not, by their standards they were building back some pretty big holes left from the previous season. 

• Like 3