2024 4* QB Adrian Posse decommits from AU (1/15/23)

Sizzle

17 hours ago, tbone1430 said:

Nice center piece for the 24 class 🦅

3C43DEFB-18AA-430B-965A-6173EAD2C859.jpeg

Cruitin Fanger doing work!!!

17 hours ago, Sizzle said:

That's pretty impressive. I realize it's a highlight reel, but the first throw that caught my eye was one where he hit his receiver in stride from more than 40 yards away. The other one that really caught my eye was the one throw he made that didn't hit the receiver in stride, because there was a defender over top and a defender trailing, so he just had to throw to a window and let his receiver adjust.

And that's as a sophomore. If he keeps getting better, the sky is the absolute limit.

• Like 2

Auburn gets big commitment from 2024 4-star QB Adrian Posse

By Christian Clemente

Adrian Posse grew up in the Miami area and was being recruited by Miami, but Auburn was his school growing up and now it's where he'll play college football.

The 4-star quarterback in the Class of 2024 announced his commitment to Auburn on Saturday during Auburn's Big Cat recruiting event, choosing the Tigers over offers from Miami, Florida, LSU, Georgia Ohio State, Notre Dame and a collection of other schools.

“I’ve always liked Auburn growing up,” Posse told Auburn Undercover. “I always liked when they beat up on Alabama.”

The relationship with Auburn's coaches has been going on for a while now, but really started to take shape in June when Posse came up for an Elite Camp and went on an unofficial visit afterward. Posse was a camp MVP and was rewarded with an offer later that day.

“They said I have great accuracy, great touch on the ball, my deep balls were really nice,” Posse said after the camp. “I have great footwork, great base. They said I looked like a good quarterback.”

At 6'4" and 205 pounds, Posse is the No. 185 player in the Class of 2024. He is the No. 13 quarterback and No. 35 player from the state of Florida.

Even with Posse committed, Auburn remains in the recruitment of Air Noland, a 4-star quarterback out of Langston Hughes high school in Fairburn, Georgia. Auburn could end up taking both quarterbacks in the 2024 class depending on how things shake out.

Starting his high school career on the varsity team for Miami Christian in eighth grade, Posse spent his first two years of high school at Monsignor Pace in the Miami area, leading the team to a 4A playoff appearance as a freshman. Now, Posse is at Christopher Columbus high school in Miami, where he's set to play out his final two years of high school ball.

Posse is the second 4-star in the Class of 2024 to commit today, joining cornerback A'Mon Lane.

Posse is projected as a Power Five starter by 247Sports' southeast recruiting analyst Andrew Ivins. The scouting report on Posse from Ivins:

"A big-framed, pro-style passer that has flashed some arm talent at various points over the years. Has measured over 6-foot-4 and close to 225 pounds. Equipped with big 10-inch hands. Age appropriate for his grade and has sizable varsity experience having played as an eighth grader at Miami Christian before taking over the starting role at Opa Locka Monsignor Pace as a freshman/sophomore and then eventually enrolling at Miami Columbus to close out prep career. Tight 3/4 arm slot allows him to create some velocity and throw a tighter spiral. Has the upper body strength to get the ball outside the hashes, but seems to be at his best when he can set his feet and drive the football towards his target. Not much of a runner, but does have some experience coordinating different RPOs out of a single-back spread attack. However, must improve pocket presence and internal clock as that will likely help cut down on the mistakes, which tend to come in flurries once rattled. Overall, should be viewed as a developmental quarterback prospect with some of the required tools to win games on Saturdays, but one that will need to keep progressing as a decision maker and get better at processing complex defenses, especially if he’s taking snaps in the SEC or Big Ten."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

Auburn gets big commitment from 2024 4-star QB Adrian Posse

By Christian Clemente

Adrian Posse grew up in the Miami area and was being recruited by Miami, but Auburn was his school growing up and now it's where he'll play college football.

The 4-star quarterback in the Class of 2024 announced his commitment to Auburn on Saturday during Auburn's Big Cat recruiting event, choosing the Tigers over offers from Miami, Florida, LSU, Georgia Ohio State, Notre Dame and a collection of other schools.

“I’ve always liked Auburn growing up,” Posse told Auburn Undercover. “I always liked when they beat up on Alabama.”

The relationship with Auburn's coaches has been going on for a while now, but really started to take shape in June when Posse came up for an Elite Camp and went on an unofficial visit afterward. Posse was a camp MVP and was rewarded with an offer later that day.

“They said I have great accuracy, great touch on the ball, my deep balls were really nice,” Posse said after the camp. “I have great footwork, great base. They said I looked like a good quarterback.”

At 6'4" and 205 pounds, Posse is the No. 185 player in the Class of 2024. He is the No. 13 quarterback and No. 35 player from the state of Florida.

Even with Posse committed, Auburn remains in the recruitment of Air Noland, a 4-star quarterback out of Langston Hughes high school in Fairburn, Georgia. Auburn could end up taking both quarterbacks in the 2024 class depending on how things shake out.

Starting his high school career on the varsity team for Miami Christian in eighth grade, Posse spent his first two years of high school at Monsignor Pace in the Miami area, leading the team to a 4A playoff appearance as a freshman. Now, Posse is at Christopher Columbus high school in Miami, where he's set to play out his final two years of high school ball.

Posse is the second 4-star in the Class of 2024 to commit today, joining cornerback A'Mon Lane.

Posse is projected as a Power Five starter by 247Sports' southeast recruiting analyst Andrew Ivins. The scouting report on Posse from Ivins:

"A big-framed, pro-style passer that has flashed some arm talent at various points over the years. Has measured over 6-foot-4 and close to 225 pounds. Equipped with big 10-inch hands. Age appropriate for his grade and has sizable varsity experience having played as an eighth grader at Miami Christian before taking over the starting role at Opa Locka Monsignor Pace as a freshman/sophomore and then eventually enrolling at Miami Columbus to close out prep career. Tight 3/4 arm slot allows him to create some velocity and throw a tighter spiral. Has the upper body strength to get the ball outside the hashes, but seems to be at his best when he can set his feet and drive the football towards his target. Not much of a runner, but does have some experience coordinating different RPOs out of a single-back spread attack. However, must improve pocket presence and internal clock as that will likely help cut down on the mistakes, which tend to come in flurries once rattled. Overall, should be viewed as a developmental quarterback prospect with some of the required tools to win games on Saturdays, but one that will need to keep progressing as a decision maker and get better at processing complex defenses, especially if he’s taking snaps in the SEC or Big Ten."

Thanks for the post. So excited by this guy. We can solidify the line, then we will be sitting pretty with this dude.

• Like 1

me as well! he is another they say has a cannon already and extremely accurate so if not one messes with his mechanics in a bad way he might take us to the problem land! bo was fun to watch but i miss team wins. i only want to see those {i got this} moments when nothing else works.

2 hours ago, Rednilla said:

That's pretty impressive. I realize it's a highlight reel, but the first throw that caught my eye was one where he hit his receiver in stride from more than 40 yards away. The other one that really caught my eye was the one throw he made that didn't hit the receiver in stride, because there was a defender over top and a defender trailing, so he just had to throw to a window and let his receiver adjust.

And that's as a sophomore. If he keeps getting better, the sky is the absolute limit.

He showed off his cannon on a couple of those short TD throws on those slants. He’s got everything you want in a QB physically

• Like 1

• augolf1716 unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tigerpro2a said:

This is odd...

This is an unusual transfer. From a Catholic high school in Southwest Miami to a public school in the Northeast part of town. This will be a huge change in culture. Wishing him all the best.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

This is an unusual transfer. From a Catholic high school in Southwest Miami to a public school in the Northeast part of town. This will be a huge change in culture. Wishing him all the best.

I am curious about the transfer a week before the season starts. Also, why did the game get cancelled I wonder?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JerryAU said:

Does this transfer make his 3rd high school?

I suppose it could. Columbus High, a private school, has long been known for going out and recruiting top football and baseball players. He could have started elsewhere, spent time at Columbus and then something happened and he moved on. Or maybe something as simple as a parent changing jobs and moving to a different part of town has caused the change. This would be an interesting thing to find out.

PS: Edison is his fourth high school. See my post below.

Edited by Mikey

From Posse's page at 247:

"2022: Transferred into Miami (Fla.) Columbus ahead of junior season and participated in spring football. Left in advance of season and transferred into Miami (Fla.) Edison.

2021: As a sophomore, appeared in six games at Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace. Worked out of primarily a spread single-back attack.

2020: Transferred into Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace for freshman season. Helped lead team to an appearance in the 4A state playoffs.

2019: Played on varsity as an 8th grader at Miami (Fla.) Christian." https://247sports.com/player/adrian-posse-46102384/

His first school, Miami Christian, is located well west of the city. His second school, Monsignor Pace is in the north end of the county. His third school, Christopher Columbus, is located southwest of the city proper. His fourth school, Miami Edison, is in the northeast part of the city. That's a lot of moving around. The distances involved and urban travel time pretty much mean that his primary residence has moved around. Whether this is good, bad or indifferent is anybody's guess.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

From Posse's page at 247:

"2022: Transferred into Miami (Fla.) Columbus ahead of junior season and participated in spring football. Left in advance of season and transferred into Miami (Fla.) Edison.

2021: As a sophomore, appeared in six games at Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace. Worked out of primarily a spread single-back attack.

2020: Transferred into Opa Locka (Fla.) Monsignor Pace for freshman season. Helped lead team to an appearance in the 4A state playoffs.

2019: Played on varsity as an 8th grader at Miami (Fla.) Christian." https://247sports.com/player/adrian-posse-46102384/

His first school, Miami Christian, is located well west of the city. His second school, Monsignor Pace is in the north end of the county. His third school, Christopher Columbus, is located southwest of the city proper. His fourth school, Miami Edison, is in the northeast part of the city. That's a lot of moving around. The distances involved and urban travel time pretty much mean that his primary residence has moved around. Whether this is good, bad or indifferent is anybody's guess.

Thanks for the research Mikey. Hopefully this trend doesn't continue during Posse's recruitment and after he enters college.  I think our staff will gently get these "grass may be greener" thoughts behind him as he gets older and wiser.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Does anybody know if he is playing this year? And if he is how is he doing?

You can track Posse and all AU recruits in this thread.  Until last week, Posse has had to sit out pending eligibility issues. Apparently he threw a TD pass Friday night.

• Thanks 2

Posse has now moved to yet another high school, his fifth. He's now at Mater Academy Charter school. It's located in Hialeah Gardens, quite a distance from his previous school, Miami Edison, which was a long way from his school prior to Edison, Columbus High. Those three are all just this year. He was at two other schools prior to this year.

Something very strange is going on with this kid.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

Posse has now moved to yet another high school, his fifth. He's now at Mater Academy Charter school. It's located in Hialeah Gardens, quite a distance from his previous school, Miami Edison, which was a long way from his school prior to Edison, Columbus High. Those three are all just this year. He was at two other schools prior to this year.

Sounds like the new Tate Martell. Probably time to cut bait but it may take care of itself in a couple of weeks. 

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

Sounds like the new Tate Martell. Probably time to cut bait but it may take care of itself in a couple of weeks. 

More then likely

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Maybe. I doubt if he'll get any other offers until his life settles down and there's a lot of settling to do.

If he has a white friend named Larry then he's good in my book

IYKYK

PB&

Edited by api1957

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Maybe he was ruled ineligible, so moved to play.

I'm not going to get excited about any recruit, as they likely won't be here anyway after we fire Harsin.