2023 4* ER Ashley Williams Commits to Auburn!

aubiefifty

Well all indications are we will be up to seven 4* commits for the 2023 class real soon. The quality is there even if the quantity is worrisome, but I know all of us wish that number was double and we were still in it for some big names at this point. Hopefully the staff stays on a few that we were hoping for and the flips continue through the season.

We’re going to bring back the two way player! 

It has literally been a couple of days. These are big decisions for these young men. The idea that he needs to impulsively commit is a major reason while NU is feeling the way they are now. He needs to take as much time as possible in his decision. I consider it a positive that coincidently after meeting with us, he decommitted from a University that he had an established relationship from. 

True. I think I am finally feeling like there is some momentum while also feeling the tension of rooting for Harsin/his staff with his job being in limbo with such high expectations for both W's during the season and also W's on the recruiting trail. But it was like this for Saban in the beginning as well, so I'm going to try to chill and see what happens. Either way, the post-big Cat outlook feels much better than things did a few weeks ago.  

True. I think I am finally feeling like there is some momentum while also feeling the tension of rooting for Harsin/his staff with his job being in limbo with such high expectations for both W's during the season and also W's on the recruiting trail. But it was like this for Saban in the beginning as well, so I'm going to try to chill and see what happens. Either way, the post-big Cat outlook feels much better than things did a few weeks ago.  

I mean I get it.

Unlike NS, the recruiting has been overall underwhelming . I am just saying in this case , it should’ve been expected he wouldn’t commit right off the bat. He had just committed to NU less than a month ago. 

Edited by DAG

I keep checking this every time there is an update because I so want some positive news on the recruiting front.  I feel better after Big Cat but this year multiple times it has appeared we are about to get a few commits then either they commit elsewhere or just leave us hoping. I know a lot are waiting to see 1st 4 or 5 games of the season before deciding but ido would like 2 or 3 commits before then.

I mean I get it. Unlike,

NS the recruiting has been overall underwhelming . I am just saying in this case , it should’ve been expected he wouldn’t commit right off the bat. He had just committed to NU less than a month ago. 

Yeah that’s a red flag if he was only committed to Nebraska for a few weeks then decommits then commits to us on the same exact day. If he left them that fast he’d do the same thing to us if somebody “better” offered. He should definitely take his time 

• Like 2

But it was like this for Saban in the beginning as well, so I'm going to try to chill and see what happens

Not sure if serious...

Both using actual history or in any actual potential comparison. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yeah that’s a red flag if he was only committed to Nebraska for a few weeks then decommits then commits to us on the same exact day. If he left them that fast he’d do the same thing to us if somebody “better” offered. He should definitely take his time 

It could potentially be a red flag, but I believe he said that once he committed to them communication from the coaching staff basically stopped. If that's the case, I can understand the change of heart. 

Edit: I might be misremembering the situation or confusing 2 recruits

Edited by AUFightingSoldiers

It could potentially be a red flag, but I believe he said that once he committed to them communication from the coaching staff basically stopped. If that's the case, I can understand the change of heart. 

Edit: I might be misremembering the situation or confusing 2 recruits

You are correct.  That's is what his text said.

• Like 1

Not sure if serious...

Not comparing current Saban, but this article points out some similarities after Harsin and Saban's 1st year. https://www.on3.com/college/auburn-tigers/news/jd-pickell-bryan-harsin-situation-auburn-similar-nick-saban-alabama/

Edited by HAPvsOA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Zeek changed the title to 2023 4* ER Ashley Williams Commits to Auburn!
  • Zeek pinned and featured this topic

• Like 7

1D6126B6-9796-4FE5-ADFA-005DED6936BE.png

• Like 5

Huge pickup at position of need. 

WAR EAGLE

Welcome to Auburn.

That is now 2 Edge Rushers of the 3-4 we are trying for in this class. Both are solid 4* players with upside. Recruiting is very slow but so far what they are getting are all quality players.

Edited by AuburnNTexas
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if serious...

To be fair, Saban did have a lackluster first class at Alabama, when he took over for Shula. But his first full class in 2008 was tops in the nation. So kinda sorta, but not really.

But it was like this for Saban in the beginning as well, so I'm going to try to chill and see what happens. 

Respectfully, the beginning of CBH and Saban’s tenures, and the fan attitudes toward them, could not be any more different.

Saban was a NC winning coach who instantly dominated in recruited and was given a long leash to restore a desperate program. 

CBH is an unproven commodity who has been hapless on the trail and was never expected to do a full-rebuild.