2023 3* IOL Conner Lew Flips from Miami to AU!

Sizzle

Jeffrey Lee has said something has changed and he is predicting Lew to Miami now. Said it is things out of AU's control whatever that means. 

These cats crack me up with their innuendos and vague reasoning. I think they just hedging their bets to cover all bases

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

These cats crack me up with their innuendos and vague reasoning. I think they just hedging their bets to cover all bases

Yea....I personally think it's more than likely those 3 letters that we keep getting our a## kicked at.

Jeffrey Lee has said something has changed and he is predicting Lew to Miami now. Said it is things out of AU's control whatever that means. 

Unreal. I hope he is wrong.
Are we on probation? Did I miss something the last five years where the NCAA said we are not allowed to recruit linemen? Just about every o lineman we have led for in five years drops us at the last moment. 
“Come to Auburn and you will start because there is no one in front of you. “
“no thanks, I’m good. “

I was convinced that this was a Gus  problem. Now I am convinced that it is an auburn problem and at this point it appears to be terminal. It truly will destroy the football program unless something drastic happens. 
The coaches need to be on the phone with every C and D option by now pleading for their commitments. There is nobody on the roster. 

• Like 2

It’s Mario Cristobal. He’s a beast on the trail especially when it comes to recruiting linemen. Looking like we got beat out again smh

It’s Mario Cristobal. He’s a beast on the trail especially when it comes to recruiting linemen. Looking like we got beat out again smh

Supposedly Miami has a big NIL War chest add that to Cristobal and that is a hard combination to beat.

• Like 1

I dont think it's so much MC as it is the absurd amount of money they are throwing at these kids. 

I dont think it's so much MC as it is the absurd amount of money they are throwing at these kids. 

It’s him too. Take NIL away and he’d still be getting great results on the trail

• Like 1

Supposedly Miami has a big NIL War chest add that to Cristobal and that is a hard combination to beat.

There has to be more to it than NIL or Cristobal. We are getting some few decent recruits at other positions but if we miss on Lew it will be that we haven't yet got a single OL that we've offered. Even in-state guys are heading to lesser programs in distant areas. Something ain't right.

For all the O-line recruiting criticism aimed at Gus, deserved criticism I might add, this year's O-line will be made up almost entirely of Gus's O-line recruits. His O-line recruiting never went through the three-cycle period that was as bad as we are currently experiencing.

• Facepalm 1

Yep it is no secret that the NIL program at AU has been a disaster. We definitely were not prepared and are still struggling to catch up. We may be last in the SEC at this moment. Not sure if this falls on the AD, the boosters, the coach, or all of the above. 

There has to be more to it than NIL or Cristobal. We are getting some few decent recruits at other positions but if we miss on Lew it will be that we haven't yet got a single OL that we've offered. Even in-state guys are heading to lesser programs in distant areas. Something ain't right.

For all the O-line recruiting criticism aimed at Gus, deserved criticism I might add, this year's O-line will be made up almost entirely of Gus's O-line recruits. His O-line recruiting never went through the three-cycle period that was as bad as we are currently experiencing.

I agree something is not right.
However, Remember that many of these guys are only playing because they got an extra year for Covid. If they did not get that, we would be in dire straits. This is an Auburn problem and has been for a while. 

• Love 2

Unreal. I hope he is wrong.
Are we on probation? Did I miss something the last five years where the NCAA said we are not allowed to recruit linemen? Just about every o lineman we have led for in five years drops us at the last moment. 
“Come to Auburn and you will start because there is no one in front of you. “
“no thanks, I’m good. “

I was convinced that this was a Gus  problem. Now I am convinced that it is an auburn problem and at this point it appears to be terminal. It truly will destroy the football program unless something drastic happens. 
The coaches need to be on the phone with every C and D option by now pleading for their commitments. There is nobody on the roster. 

The oline position has been void of a great recruiter since Grimes left. Auburn had some good coaches but have not had great recruiters at the position. Imo that is where the problem rests. Oline is probably one of the most relationship oriented positions in football. These kids are big in 8th-9th grade and good recruiters identify kids, get in on them early and start laying the foundation. You need a great salesman at this position, and a good coach. For some of these kids Auburn is late to the party and for others the competition just has better recruiters.

Edited by PoetTiger
  • Like 1

However, Remember that many of these guys are only playing because they got an extra year for Covid. If they did not get that, we would be in dire straits. This is an Auburn problem and has been for a while. 

The issue of OL recruiting isn't an issue for next year, It's about 2020 & 21.  Next year's line will be what it is. It will, or should, be an improvement over last year's. However, in 2020-21 we are beyond in trouble and have not remotely recruited or developed at the rate necessary to sustain any success. 

I said this 4 years ago. It's mind boggling. If only Bill Taylor had stayed...

• Haha 1

However, Remember that many of these guys are only playing because they got an extra year for Covid. If they did not get that, we would be in dire straits. This is an Auburn problem and has been for 

Well since we are all having a Seinfeld Festivis moment.  Let me air my grievance. An OL from Florence with over 50 offers , would have come to AU in a heartbeat. No offer came, he committed to KY... BTW according Rivals, he was only one spot behind Brayden Joiner in the state of ALA..He is listed as a center but just like Lew and Joiner could play guard... And before anyone says, no,  I'm not close friends with his family. I know them and know things about his recruitment.  

• Sad 1