Nip Watch 2022

WarTim

Heard the local HS band practicing yesterday afternoon. See some maple leafs turning gold in yard. Brief shower followed by light breeze today took temp down to 70 degrees. The Nip can’t be too far away. 😄🙏

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

7PzAtVG.jpg

Boiiiing! Oops, premature… never mind!

• Haha 3

Have spent a little time in Auburn the last few weeks.  Campus buzzing.  Sports starting everywhere.  Fresh cut grass after the rain. Thinking through tailgate/whiskey “strategies” … 

The nip is close at hand …

• Like 2

I woke up this morning with the temperature at 59 degrees up here in the NC mountains.  It has to be getting close.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I woke up this morning with the temperature at 59 degrees up here in the NC mountains.  It has to be getting close.

So. Jealous.

• Like 2

The girl in the picture is now 67 years old and lives at Arbor Springs. We’d have to wait 6 more weeks to get to the Nip now. 

No but for real I’m with @WarTim, something about hearing those HS drums echo through town gets the blood running! Couple that with the smell of barbecue and that beautiful shade of Orange at sundown, and we are getting close! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yard work this morning in Huntsville. Grass is starting to lose its luster. Cool breeze rolling in…it’s here in North Alabama.

God I’d give anything for that weather. Humid, hot and miserable down here in Houston 

• Like 3

Low humidity and comfortable 72 in Auburn this morning. Thinking about taking a stroll around campus later today. Drink a beer under a shade tree afterward to tune up tailgating skills.

• Like 1

Had the first pack meeting for Cub Scouts last night and it was like sitting in a sauna.  The poor kids were dripping head to toe and all they did was introduce themselves and kicked a soccer ball around for a few minutes while I spoke to the parents.  The call of the Nip for me this year is going involve these sort of "Fall" activities more so than the actual change in weather unless by some miracle we get a cold front to come through before gameday!

• Like 1

My Nip senses are on high alert!!!

• Like 1

On the way to work, 1 tree decided it was ready for fall.  Already turned orange.  The rest are still green lol

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AUBwins said:

On the way to work, 1 tree decided it was ready for fall.  Already turned orange.  The rest are still green lol

Some of ours turned brown around mid July and don't really look too healthy.  Gonna have some nice fires this winter though...all 10-14 days

• Haha 2

Bluegrass Kentucky is definitely a little slice of heaven.  Sure looks (AND FEELS) like football season today.  57 morning, 80 high. 

20220831_072940.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Bluegrass Kentucky is definitely a little slice of heaven.  Sure looks (AND FEELS) like football season today.  57 morning, 80 high. 

20220831_072940.jpg

Beautiful 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Beautiful 

If only I'd thought about taking the pics earlier.  I had already passed some of the horses and paddocks in the area.  One area literally looked like the farm was in the clouds. 

• Like 1