wide receiver room is heavily undervalued

aubiefifty

Camden Brown according to other players, is a bookworm, and obsessive regarding learning the playbook inside and out.  Insane work ethic, focused, mentality.

• Like 4

Hey, stop with the statistical gymnastics. we don't do that here...

/s

No, this is what stats are for. Collect a mountain of information and quantitative data to help us understand how effective a group was. 

Last year we threw 34.8 passes per game. The most in AUBURN HISTORY. But we completed less than 60% of those, and only threw 17 touchdown passes in 13 games.

Let’s break it down even further. Last year we threw 452 total passes. The 2013 team, which was a historically run-heavy team, threw 20 touchdown passes on just 173 attempts - 3 more TDs on 279 less passes. 

17 TDs over 452 passes equates to roughly a touchdown pass every 26.5 attempts. Which is dreadful.

Not counting the COVID season, there have been five seasons post 2000 with a worse rate: 2015 (27 attempts per touchdown), 2012 (32), 2008 (48 YIKES) 2003 (32) 2001 (27.5).

So if you want to know how effective last year’s passing attack was, it was most similar to 2015 and 2001.

No, this is what stats are for. Collect a mountain of information and quantitative data to help us understand how effective a group was. 

Last year we threw 34.8 passes per game. The most in AUBURN HISTORY. But we completed less than 60% of those, and only threw 17 touchdown passes in 13 games.

Let’s break it down even further. Last year we threw 452 total passes. The 2013 team, which was a historically run-heavy team, threw 20 touchdown passes on just 173 attempts - 3 more TDs on 279 less passes. 

17 TDs over 452 passes equates to roughly a touchdown pass every 26.5 attempts. Which is dreadful.

Not counting the COVID season, there have been five seasons post 2000 with a worse rate: 2015 (27 attempts per touchdown), 2012 (32), 2008 (48 YIKES) 2003 (32) 2001 (27.5).

So if you want to know how effective last year’s passing attack was, it was most similar to 2015 and 2001.

It was a joke man hence the /s

• Like 1

Another note.... Camden Brown and Koy Moore were named the play makers of the day after Saturday's practice

• Like 3

Not really. Unless your stance has changed.

I'll say it again: my reply to meh130 was a joke hence the /s. 

• Like 1

Bro you can write “/s” all you want, doesn’t mean you are joking. 

Yes it does, when my intent was to make a joke when I wrote it.

You don’t get to decide when others are joking/not joking.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 2

YES, HE DOES!!!

/s

• Haha 8

Bro you can write “/s” all you want, doesn’t mean you are joking. 

Dude, he was joking.  Everyone else got it.  Move on. 

This place is wild man lol. 

And yes I am really laughing out loud.

• Like 1

Sometimes I accidentally end up in the football forum and immediately regret it! 
Dejavu

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dude, he was joking.  Everyone else got it.  Move on. 

I mean I don’t really care lmao. It just doesn’t make sense. Some people don’t know how to use sarcasm. 

/s

I mean I don’t really care lmao. It just doesn’t make sense. Some people don’t know how to use sarcasm. 

/s

Double sarcasm. Now nobody knows where I’m coming from.

844424AA-3BBC-418C-B847-178ACB18E6CF.gif.34436fd48eabccf6ad5e73947f6b4c49.gif

• Haha 1

Double sarcasm. Now nobody knows where I’m coming from.

844424AA-3BBC-418C-B847-178ACB18E6CF.gif.34436fd48eabccf6ad5e73947f6b4c49.gif

legit lmao

jack-nicholson-laugh2.gif.4488b256a19464c1813129c71184aa7b.gif

• Like 1

It all makes sense now 

Law school/the bar exam caused me to lose what was left of my sanity…

lock me away Scotty!

To get back on topic, I wouldn't necessarily agree with the author of the article but I do think we have some serious, unproven talent that could surprise some teams.

Plus, you have to think early on teams are gonna be focused in on our TEs over our WRs, Shenker is gonna draw attention early.

• Like 1

This is just FYI, and the big CAVEAT, it is from the official Auburn University Athletic Department Football Program ROSTER, which apparently is not "research" for some guys on this board who are MUCH more knowledgeable than the Auburn University Athletic Department Football Program.

This is the roster according to our Athletic Dept. I added Landon King, because even though he is considered a TE according to the Athletic Dept, a guy here on the board says he is a WR, so OK, I added him as a WR. So here are the guys in the room.

Ja'Varius Johnson -- 5'10" 160 lbs
Tar'Varish Dawson -- 5'10" 161 lbs
Jay Fair -- 5'10" 181 lbs
Jake Kruse -- 5'10" 170 lbs
Jackson Bilings -- 5'10" 182 lbs
Colby Stafford -- 5'11" 176 lbs
Omari Kelly -- 6'0" 176 lbs
Tommy Nesmith -- 6'0" 180 lbs
Trent Mason -- 6'1" 187 lbs
Whit Johnson -- 6'1" 193 lbs
Malcolm Johnson -- 6'1" 195 lbs
Koy Moore -- 6'1" 192 lbs
Dazalin Worsham -- 6'1" 177 lbs
JJ Evans -- 6'2" 218 lbs
Sheedrick Jackson -- 6'2" 202 lbs
Ze'Vian Capers -- 6'4" 192 lbs
Landen King? -- TE -- 6'5" 220 lbs

Now, personally, I played WR although my primary sport was as a swimmer. But I am 6'3". To ME, (and this is just ME), this is a rather undersized group compared to the WR corps at our SEC competitors.

Talent? YES! And I am excited to see some of these guys in action. War Eagle!

• Like 1

This is just FYI, and the big CAVEAT, it is from the official Auburn University Athletic Department Football Program ROSTER, which apparently is not "research" for some guys on this board who are MUCH more knowledgeable than the Auburn University Athletic Department Football Program.

This is the roster according to our Athletic Dept. I added Landon King, because even though he is considered a TE according to the Athletic Dept, a guy here on the board says he is a WR, so OK, I added him as a WR. So here are the guys in the room.

JJ Evans -- 6'2" 218 lbs

Now, personally, I played WR although my primary sport was as a swimmer. But I am 6'3". To ME, (and this is just ME), this is a rather undersized group compared to the WR corps at our SEC competitors.

Size is a problem. But you only need a couple bigger frames. King, Capers and Brown should be enough.

JJ Evans -- 6'2" 218 lbs

King is a WR.