All Things Fall Camp Thread

toddc

6 hours ago, au701948 said:

I apologize in advance for the question, but…What has happened to Nick Brahms as I read somewhere else his senior season is “in jeopardy”. 

Chronic knee issues if I remember correctly

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

And supposedly Wright is back on O-line, so that would seem to indicate something is up. Maybe Council is a better center than he is a guard? 

31 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

And supposedly Wright is back on O-line, so that would seem to indicate something is up. Maybe Council is a better center than he is a guard? 

From what I've read Tate Johnson has been getting the lion's share of snaps at C. Council has been getting action as well. I was so pi$$ed when I saw that Wright was back on the OL. Whatever is best for the team though.

Edited by FASTCOMPANY
  • Thanks 1

Tank is a little banged up but should be ready for opener. Probably be held out of today’s scrimmage. I’ve seen where it’s his shoulder but not 💯 on that.

Edited by toddc
  • Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

Tank is a little banged up but should be ready for opener. Probably be held out of today’s scrimmage.

Guess we'll get to see if there is any movement between Alston, Hunter, & Jackson

Tank doesn’t need to be getting many reps anyways 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Rumor is he might medically retire. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

1 hour ago, Didba said:

At least he already has his post football career already in place.

If Tate wins the position and does well that will help us next year having a returning Center. It seems Stutts is on cusp of winning LG position if he does and Keondre return nest year our whole starting Interior O-Line will be experienced players which to be honest is better than I expected.  I realize there are a lot of if's in that scenario.

Now we need Smith, Langlo, and Harris to step up and provide depth at OT this year while getting ready as possibly starters next year.  Then we really need Portal and maybe JC to provide starter or depth for next year in addition to HS players in this class for long term build out of O-Line.

• Like 1

There are rumors on other boards that calzada’s shoulder is hurting him again. Also that Tanks is day to day and will be held out for a few days or more. 
Along with the starting center now being out (for good) it has been a rough camp for the offense. 

Edited by gr82b4au
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

There are rumors on other boards that calzada’s shoulder is hurting him again. Also that Tanks is day to day and will be held out for a few days or more. 
Along with the starting center now being out (for good) it has been a rough camp for the offense. 

I don't think it has been any different than other camps.  We just don't have talent and depth.  Auburn was probably the only team in the SEC that would take Calzada because he was injured.  You sign a back up who is injured then you get what you deserve.  

1 minute ago, Auburn93 said:

I don't think it has been any different than other camps.  We just don't have talent and depth.  Auburn was probably the only team in the SEC that would take Calzada because he was injured.  You sign a back up who is injured then you get what you deserve.  

I don’t think many other SEC teams lost their starting center this fall. I may be wrong. You’re correct about bringing in a hurt quarterback though. We rolled the dice Because we knew what we had with TJ, and IF true then it appears that it has not worked out for Calzada or AU. 
Let’s just hope that TJ has improved like others on this board have said, or that Ashford playing up to his potential. I say this because I think our defense will be nasty and I don’t want it to be wasted.

• Like 1

At least this year we had competition for the position, nothing against Bo, but he was given the job and never had to earn it, which did him no favor….

7 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I don’t think many other SEC teams lost their starting center this fall. I may be wrong. You’re correct about bringing in a hurt quarterback though. We rolled the dice Because we knew what we had with TJ, and IF true then it appears that it has not worked out for Calzada or AU. 
Let’s just hope that TJ has improved like others on this board have said, or that Ashford playing up to his potential. I say this because I think our defense will be nasty and I don’t want it to be wasted.

It's probably been good for our depth to get this playing time in fall camp

17 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

We haven’t lost ours either from what I can gather. Still hearing he might be ready by game one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Sounds like Finley is taking the lead. Really took that Top Gun sheesh to heart. 

Also Camden Brown prolly not gonna redshirt. May be a starter. Wasn't even there for spring. Love it.

Edited by Randman5000
  • Like 1

Congratulations to this young man! Love it when walk-ons get rewarded.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Congratulations to this young man! Love it when walk-ons get rewarded.

Hope there is video. 

• Like 1

Auburn center Nick Brahms' status unclear for start of season

6 minutes ago

AUBURN, Alabama — Auburn is still without its starting center in preseason practices, and it's unclear whether sixth-year senior Nick Brahms will be available for the season opener against Mercer.

Due to an undisclosed injury, Brahms has missed the past week-plus of practice, including the team's two scrimmages. He underwent knee surgery in December.

"Still just kind of waiting that one out a little bit and seeing where he's at," Bryan Harsinsaid after practice Saturday. "At some point we'll figure out what is situation is. Just kind of let him settle in a little bit, heal up, then figure out what the final decision's going to be."

Brahms is Auburn's most experienced offensive lineman by starts, with 33 over the past four seasons. He was one of three offensive linemen who elected to exercise their free year of COVID-19 eligibility and return for a super-senior season in 2022.

"We're still working through it," offensive coordinator Eric Kiesau said of Brahms on Friday night. He added Brahms "could be" ready to play in the season opener.

Without Brahms, redshirt sophomore Tate Johnson has taken the majority of first-team reps, followed by Avery Jernigan, who also arrived in the 2020 class and hasn't garnered much on-field experience. Veteran Brandon Council has also worked at center, as well as his usual spot at left guard.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

They will probably name TJ the starter today or tomorrow and then roll with it. That is my guess

No, what I just read somewhere else is that Harsin/Kiseau will wait another week before naming the starter at QB......

• Like 1