All Things Fall Camp Thread

toddc

2 hours ago, JMassie11 said:

Why wouldn’t want the guy he recruited to save his job? Sorry but that just doesn’t make sense. Best QB that knows the offense and doesn’t turn the ball over will be out there week one.

I don’t think he said anything about Geriner knowing the offense. Just on those situations they practiced today, he threw best.

I said after spring practice that Geriner was probably the best QB on the team. I don't think he'll start this year barring injury/meltdown by Finley/Calzada. Another way of putting it, if Geriner becomes QB1 it will be out of desperation because the others have failed..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

After that quote from Harson, I wonder why he does not get more first team reps? It’s not like there is a ton of talent in front of him. Just play the best quarterback Regardless of age. 

TJ is pretty close to his ceiling, and you likely lose Calzada if he doesn’t start. You do have legitimate talent in Robby and likely no 2023 QB of value coming in, so you do need to retain at least 2/3 options ahead of Holden imo 

9 hours ago, au302 said:

This is how I've interpreted the HG situation throughout camp. May be completely off. I think he was given a chance and was getting equal reps the first week of camp or so. They realized he needs time, and thus got less reps.

But then the last week, and especially today, HG threw them a curveball. Something "clicked", as Harsin said in his presser. Well, reportedly he's taken big strides the past week to the point that Hokes sources are saying that he's been one of the top 2 QB's lately.

Is this late push enough to change the race this late? Probably not. But I do think it's not too late for him to pass Calzada and/or Ashford and be in line for serious reps against Mercer. If that happens, anything can happen.

If you are correct then the coaches jobs have become much more difficult this fall. 

It seems ( note* I’m spit balling here for all the fact checkers ) that the coaches were hoping/planning for different results in this fall QB race. 

• Like 1

Just now, GreenTiger said:

I love our coach and his approach and expectations. 

Refreshing honesty and bluntness 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, GreenTiger said:

Yup. Definitely has brought a more professional approach to the team as well. 

Exactly. He is wanting to take us where college football is trending. I like his vision.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Exactly. He is wanting to take us where college football is trending. I like his vision.

It’s what we’ve been clamoring for the last four or five years. You here the words “professional approach “ a lot from these coaches.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Which causes me to wonder….. does player development accelerate with a more professional approach???? It makes sense that it would. 

Edited by GreenTiger
  • Like 2

I’ve liked his approach from day 1.  Very different and refreshing compared to the last regime.  It feels like the players will stick with his vision and buy in 100% or else they wouldn’t be there.   Now…about getting more quality players.   Geez….gotta get that figured out.   Maybe the advancement of the team will be evident once we hit the field.  That must be his preferred personal recruiting technique.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, 1auburn1 said:

I’ve liked his approach from day 1.  Very different and refreshing compared to the last regime.  It feels like the players will stick with his vision and buy in 100% or else they wouldn’t be there.   Now…about getting more quality players.   Geez….gotta get that figured out.   Maybe the advancement of the team will be evident once we hit the field.  That must be his preferred personal recruiting technique.

Just win baby.  ;)

Harsin is creating the sort of program that - given some success - will feed on itself.

We don't need to see huge progress this season, just progress.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 4

Harsin is trying to develop Auburn into an “NFL feeder” program. Only way to do that is to run the team almost exactly like a pro team. He’s doing it. Just needs time. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

Harsin is trying to develop Auburn into an “NFL feeder” program. Only way to do that is to run the team almost exactly like a pro team. He’s doing it. Just needs time. 

I have often said Saban runs the program at Bama like he is an NFL coach, with the difference being he has unlimited first round picks.

One thing I really like that Harsin has done is hire former NFL scouts.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Didba said:

And players. 
His approach to recruiting the season is “Just Watch”. 
I hope it pays off. 

• Like 1

Just now, gr82b4au said:

And players. 
His approach to recruiting the season is “Just Watch”. 
I hope it pays off. 

yup, gotta have talent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

We don't need to see huge progress this season, just progress.

Would you be ok with a winning season and the #25 recruiting class? That would be progress over last year. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Didba said:

Luckily for Harsin, Auburn fans are well known for their remarkable patience

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Luckily for Harsin, Auburn fans are well known for their remarkable patience

Sarcasm I presume?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

field-of-dreams-baseball.gif

“The House that Hars Built “ is what my grandkids will call it some glorious day!

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

I believe if we could end with 8 wins and a victory in our bowl game along with a top 20 recruiting class......that would be a vast improvement and one that fans could rally behind moving forward.  In the words of the Beatles.......Let it be!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Didba said:

giphy.gif

• Like 2