All Things Fall Camp Thread

toddc

12 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Not officially,  only based on limited viewing of certain media members or certain AU letterman who are allowed to watch practice

Also supported by comments from Harsin and Keisau.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I dont think it will be decided till the week of Penn St game. I mean, we could trot Mikey out there to play QB the first 2 games and win easily. I think all 3 will play those first 2 games and that will go a long way to determine the starter for the rest of the year.

That would be a big mistake. Now, if Coach Thompson needs somebody to plug in at 4th team shortstop that might do for about an hour.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HAPvsOA said:

I heard on the Locked On Podcast that Brahms will be out for the year? Is that true? Haven't see it elsewhere. 

Yeah word is he might never play again due to chronic knee problems. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/24/2022 at 12:06 PM, gr82b4au said:

From everything that has been reported on the pay sites, the quarterback competition at this point really is not that close. You would think that TJ would be named starter asap. 

Here is a thought: He will name a starter, start the season with somebody completely different on the first snap, and then bring in a full back or some type of hybrid to be quarterback on several plays (that do not work at all). 

Jk… Ha ha ha remember those days like it was yesterday. Don’t want Bird to have a heart attack haha

This is easily explained. I heard Harsin got advice from an offensive guru. He's planning to start 3 QBs and a TE in the backfield. So there's QB1A, 1B, and 1C. That's the kind of innovation college football needs. Will roll over everyone. /s

2 hours ago, AUx said:

He's planning to start 3 QBs and a TE in the backfield. So there's QB1A, 1B, and 1C.

Is there a RB? He may have just discovered the 2016 Clemson call sheet

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, NWALA Tiger said:

I dont think it will be decided till the week of Penn St game. I mean, we could trot Mikey out there to play QB the first 2 games and win easily. I think all 3 will play those first 2 games and that will go a long way to determine the starter for the rest of the year.

Did you forget about Mercer last year?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

AU didn't play Mercer last year

Ha I’m thinking Ga State. Same difference 

😂 

Edited by toddc
  • Thanks 1

• Love 2

11 hours ago, SRBautigerfan said:

Why would any Auburn fan bring something like this up?  smh 🤦‍♂️

Sorry. Inappropriate. I had the same question back then. More about bammers resistance to name a black starter over their favored qb candidate.  Should have kept that one to myself.

32 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

You predicting the same kinda game with Mercer this year?

No not at all, just making a joke that anyone could be behind center and win. Bo was terrible in that game

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Is there a RB? He may have just discovered the 2016 Clemson call sheet

Yes. Yes indeed. That would be it. A call sheet now on display in the College Hall of Infamy in Fort Worth. More obscene than any document produced in history. So offensive and toxic that small children and aspiring coaches are strictly prohibited from viewing. Once offered for sale to Kim Jong-un, who said, "No thanks. I have standards." It'll be a segment on History's Mysteries on THC in 20 years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

That was true with Marshall in large part because the offense he was running was designed for that.. Does that hold true with Harsin's offense? I wouldn't think so, but maybe we'll see.

Think you are spot on here. 

1 hour ago, JOSEPHIAMLEGEND75@GMAIL.CO said:

Not liking this narrative at all! Probably why no starter has been named yet!

It will be a limited offense.  Can't be throwing it that much with these QB's.  Not going to have the ability at all to come back with a porous OL.