All Things Fall Camp Thread

toddc

He is going to struggle against the run until he fixes this.  I wouldn't expect too much out of MBA this year. 

I wouldn't go so far to say that but it may take him 5-6 weeks to get comfortable enough for the coaches to start giving him game reps.  I'd hope he will get reps against the cupcakes.  Nothing like live action to help things click for you and slow down.

• Like 2

There have been a few new names that is nice to hear.. like Camden, Keonte Scott, Koy Moore.  I look for them to contribute this year hopefully.  I remember under Gus we would hear of  newcomers and then never see them because they couldn't block as well or weren't a veteran yet. I getting my hopes up. 

• Like 3

There have been a few new names that is nice to hear.. like Camden, Keonte Scott, Koy Moore.  I look for them to contribute this year hopefully.  I remember under Gus we would hear of  newcomers and then never see them because they couldn't block as well or weren't a veteran yet. I getting my hopes up. 

I too. lol

• Haha 1

I know nothing about secondary play or offensive skill positions.

There's a lot of that going around...

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I thought we were pretty good but ranked in the top ten surmised me a bit!

Edited by toddc
  • Like 3

It’s a long read so I posted a link. This guy embodies the type of player CBH is looking for. See the Koy Moore Interview as well.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Auburn football: Bryan Harsin updates QB battle in fall camp

3 hours ago

Please turn off your ad blocker if you wish to view this video.

Auburn fall camp: QBs, receivers work on timing

Auburn football's multi-player quarterback battle is heating up in fall camp, according to head coach Bryan Harsin, who says his signal callers have essentially split equal reps during the first week of practice. Harsin provided an update this week on the competition and mentioned a "sense of urgency" for those in the mix, including Texas A&M transfer Zach Calzada.

Calzada arrived at Auburn in Januaryfollowing the departure of last season's starter Bo Nix, who is now at Oregon.Limited in the spring with a shoulder issue, Calzada was still able to throw in individual drills, participate in position group meetingsand take mental reps behind T.J. Finley and Auburn's other scholarship quarterbacks throughout practice.

“Yeah, I don’t think he’s got any rust," Harsin said after Tuesday's practice, via AuburnUndercover. "Again, it’s camp, and so you’re seeing a lot of different looks from the defense, and I think all the quarterbacks have had their moments, really good and some where we’ve got to learn from it. I think he’s done well. Today was a good day for him. I thought his footwork was good; he threw the ball well. Like everybody else, he had a sense of urgency on the field. That’s where our quarterbacks, really, each and every day they got to show up and have great days because if they don’t, the rest of us really feel that.

"So, there’s really no days off for those quarterbacks, and I think today was one of our more consistent days from the QBs — still not what it needs to be but was still more consistent than what it’s been from all those guys."

Calzada is battling Robby Ashford and Finley, last season's starter, for starting honors this season. Ashford was Auburn's top player during a recent practice, Harsin said.

“I think his decision making," Harsin said. "That’s the one thing. That’s — for Robby, he’s a weapon, too, when he takes off and runs. That’s one thing you guys have probably seen him do that, so he’s got that ability. Then he’s a force when he does it, so just decision making, right? If everybody’s covered, he’s going to have a chance to go out there and make a play with his feet, but I also think he’s throwing the ball better, his decision making in the pass game.

"I thought he had a couple throws the other day that were really special, that he put into some windows with some accuracy, and just his command of the offense, too — calling plays, making checks, audibles, all those things. He’s got a better feel for those things right now, and that’s why he was able to be the player (of the day Sunday)."

Auburn is gearing up for its first scrimmage, an opportunity to see where the quarterbacks are when the bullets start flying.

Subscribe to 247Sports YouTube for the latest college football, basketball and recruiting news including live college commitments.

“Today was pretty good," Harsin said Tuesday. "I thought T.J. had a good day today. Zach stepped up in some areas. All those guys did some good things. I think every one of those quarterbacks have been player of the day at some point. Just, those guys are still competing; they’re all getting somewhat equal reps. I like where Robby’s progressing right now.”

It could be an honest 3 man race  Ashford, Finley, Calzada. I really think it will come down to Calzada or Ashley because with our O-line we may need a more mobile QB to avoid the rush. Now watch after my prediction Finley wins it.

It could be an honest 3 man race  Ashford, Finley, Calzada. I really think it will come down to Calzada or Ashley because with our O-line we may need a more mobile QB to avoid the rush. Now watch after my prediction Finley wins it.

I think the O-Line may surprise us.  

• Like 5

I agree. More than any other position group, experience and coaching continuity matter. And both of those are in place for this o line. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I hope so and I keep hearing that they are stronger and improved this year. I want to believe it but must see it on the field against a good defense. I was one of the ones who thought last years O-Line would be much improved. They were better than the year before but weak run blocking hurt the team to much as we had to many 3 and outs which wore down a very solid defense.

Auburn football: Bryan Harsin updates QB battle in fall camp

3 hours ago

Please turn off your ad blocker if you wish to view this video.

Auburn fall camp: QBs, receivers work on timing

Tooooodd…are you using ad blockerrrrs?

Tooooodd…are you using ad blockerrrrs?

Never 😉 

No, it won't.

Care to elaborate further?