TJ Finley Arrested

AuburnWarVet

https://www.wrbl.com/news/auburn-football-player-who-inked-historic-nil-deal-arrested-by-police/?utm_source=t.co&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_medium=referral

AUBURN, Ala. (WRBL) – Auburn University football player T.J. Finley is in custody at the Lee County Detention Facility on a charge of Attempt to Elude with the Auburn Police Department. According to Detention records Finley was in custody as of Thursday, August 4. 

WRBLhas reached out to Auburn Police for a comment on the case and the circumstances surrounding the arrest. WRBL has reached out to an Auburn University Athletics spokesperson who says they are aware of the arrest. We will share a statement from AU when one is released.

D7062272-1CD1-470D-B866-20EE3F07E04E.jpe
Lee County Detention Records

Finely’s arrest comes just days after the Auburn Tiger made history as the first college football player to ink a NIL deal with Amazon selling shirts, sweatshirts, phone cases, and other merchandise from his product line. 

Edited by AuburnWarVet

Attempt to elude is a pretty weak charge, waiting to see what transpired before passing judgement.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Apparently this is stemming from him not wearing a helmet while riding a moped...This is ridiculous...just write a ticket and be done but to issue an arrest warrant for a dang helmet? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Attempt to elude is a pretty weak charge, waiting to see what transpired before passing judgement.

Good advice counsel.

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Apparently this is stemming from him not wearing a helmet while riding a moped...This is ridiculous...just write a ticket and be done but to issue an arrest warrant for a dang helmet? 

Give me a break

• Like 2

I have been reading so many other schools situations like this and thinking "Thankfully nothing has happened at Auburn." Nevertheless, it could be a lot worse. So interesting he would allegedly get caught up in this after his amazon partnership. Gracious. But seriously, if it was about a helmet, did they really have to take him into custody? I cannot wait to hear all the facts.

Edited by DAG
  • Like 1

So, I am hearing he successfully eluded police on his moped and turned himself in the next day.  

Which makes me think he maybe had some weed/other stuff on him and eluded to ditch it, was probably surprised he actually got fully away, went home ditched the stuff and realized he needed to turn himself in.

LMAO, that he actually successfully eluded LEOs on a moped. if true.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

So, I am hearing he successfully eluded police on his moped and turned himself in the next day.  

Which makes me think he maybe had some weed/other stuff on him and eluded to ditch it, was probably surprised he actually got fully away, went home ditched the stuff and realized he needed to turn himself in.

LMAO, that he actually successfully eluded LEOs on a moped. if true.

if this is true, he is going to walk into some funny and cringe jokes this season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He probably just went into the school. We know cops aren't going in there. 

JD.gif

• Like 1

if this is true, he is going to walk into some funny and cringe jokes this season.

I am just sad because he turned him in we won't get a video clip of some little LEO attempting to tackle Finley Ala Baker Mayfield and just bouncing off

• Haha 1

So according to pay site admins, he got pulled over for riding a moped without a helmet, but he took off.  Cops recognized him and told him to come in about it.  Gave him a few days and TJ never showed.  So today, he got arrested for attempting to elude police.

Mensa candidate right there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3
  • Dislike 1

He is a marketing genius

Has Amazon NIL and now his name is pasted all over social media, any publicity is good publicity.   We ought double the 2023 recruiting class by sundown

Should make bank on this in exchange for a ticket.  If someone has a video tape he'll be able to buy a stable of mopeds and rent them out to AU fans who want to relive the moment.  He deserves a start in the first series just for trying.

Little doc, some of my fondest memories involve eluding Barney Fifes

• Love 1

He prob burned rubber across campus and lost them in haley center.  

Seriously, there was an LSU player years ago that was an elite sprinter who was fleeing cops on foot.  The big surprise to me was that he was caught on foot on campus by a campus cop.  Incidentally, hIs crime was breaking into a girls on campus apartment and groping her in her sleep.