TJ Finley Arrested

AuburnWarVet

I know there are laws and rules and such, but the fact that he was pulled over on a scooter for not wearing a helmet, I'm assuming by the all-powerful cops on bikes, while there is a substantial amount of cocaine use every weekend at some frat houses with no arrests bugs me a little.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very similar to Marshall’s arrest prior to ‘14.  Going to be hard to win without him…hope our backup can keep it close.  Certainly doesn’t help his Heisman chances.

• Haha 3

I know there are laws and rules and such, but the fact that he was pulled over on a scooter for not wearing a helmet, I'm assuming by the all-powerful cops on bikes, while there is a substantial amount of cocaine use every weekend at some frat houses with no arrests bugs me a little.

Every cop has a task to look after.  Some are on the traffic beat, others on vice, and so on.  Don't hate on the cop for doing his job.

It was a minor traffic violation at worst and Finley was dumb to take off from the cops.  Even dumber not to report to the police station shortly after and accept the fine.  Not like he doesn't have any money - he just signed an NIL deal with Amazon that, while not huge money, would certainly be enough to pay a minor traffic ticket.

• Like 4
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

Very similar to Marshall’s arrest prior to ‘14.  Going to be hard to win without him…hope our backup can keep it close.  Certainly doesn’t help his Heisman chances.

Robbie Ashford fixin to toss 4 td’s in the first half of the opener. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Every cop has a task to look after.  Some are on the traffic beat, others on vice, and so on.  Don't hate on the cop for doing his job.

It was a minor traffic violation at worst and Finley was dumb to take off from the cops.  Even dumber not to report to the police station shortly after and accept the fine.  Not like he doesn't have any money - he just signed an NIL deal with Amazon that, while not huge money, would certainly be enough to pay a minor traffic ticket.

Oh I agree 100%, just blows my mind that some get in trouble for seemingly petty things but not always others for crimes on up the line. 

I would imagine Finley did stand out being the 6-7 guy on a scooter...

So according to pay site admins, he got pulled over for riding a moped without a helmet, but he took off.  Cops recognized him and told him to come in about it.  Gave him a few days and TJ never showed.  So today, he got arrested for attempting to elude police.

Mensa candidate right there.

To be clear--so, he initially stopped for the cop pulling him over and then decoded to take off? Something feels off about that if that is the case. 

I honestly was guessing that he didn't hear/notice a cop on foot or a bicycle trying to pull him over because he had earbuds in or something else prevented him from hearing the cop. 

Oh I agree 100%, just blows my mind that some get in trouble for seemingly petty things but not always others for crimes on up the line. 

I would imagine Finley did stand out being the 6-7 guy on a scooter...

I mean, unless you're gonna make it departmental policy to send cops to every frat house to see if kids are doing things, most of the time it's not out in the open where a cop would see it.  Someone at the party would have to call in and report it.  But traffic violations just happen right out in the main thoroughfare.

• Like 1

To be clear--so, he initially stopped for the cop pulling him over and then decoded to take off? Something feels off about that if that is the case. 

I honestly was guessing that he didn't hear/notice a cop on foot or a bicycle trying to pull him over because he had earbuds in or something else prevented him from hearing the cop. 

I don't know if he was stopped and took off, slowed down then took off, waited til a cop pulled behind him with the lights flashing and then weaved into a neighborhood or what.  Might have even been a bicycle cop which he could easily outrun.  But if they are arresting him for attempting to elude 4-5 days after the incident, he had time to realize what he'd done and get in there and avoid this.

• Like 2

My prediction is that he and his lawyer will claim there was simply a misunderstanding on the timeframe he had to come in or something like that, and after some back and forth the attempting to elude charge will be dropped and he'll pay the helmet violation fine. 

• Like 2

My prediction is that he and his lawyer will claim there was simply a misunderstanding on the timeframe he had to come in or something like that, and after some back and forth the attempting to elude charge will be dropped and he'll pay the helmet violation fine. 

No serious DA prosecutes that charge to begin with lol.

• Haha 3

The only dumb thing is that a cop used threats of state violence solely to  elicit money for victimless crimes. 

• Love 1

Sounds like he'd be a great candidate for diversion

Edited by Barnacle

No serious DA prosecutes that charge to begin with lol.

It would be pretty extreme.  But I can see the cops after 4 or 5 days or more given to a guy to come in filing the warrant to get somebody's attention.  Otherwise it starts looking like preferential treatment for football players.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It would be pretty extreme.  But I can see the cops after 4 or 5 days or more given to a guy to come in filing the warrant to get somebody's attention.  Otherwise it starts looking like preferential treatment for football players.

That's definitely the case here. 

• Like 2

The only dumb thing is that a cop used threats of state violence solely to  elicit money for victimless crimes. 

Ok, County Chair for the Libertarian Party.  We aren't here to discuss political philosophies.

• Dislike 2

He made a mistake. Basically he was stupid in this particular instance. I agree with Titan they will discuss then settle on the fine for not having a helmet. I bet he also will have to do some type of physical activity that his coach decides is appropriate.

• Like 1

Ok, County Chair for the Libertarian Party.  We aren't here to discuss political philosophies.

Ahh of course, we can only talk about TJ being dumb, not the more important and instigating dumb from the cop. 

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

Ahh of course, we can only talk about TJ being dumb, not the more important and instigating dumb from the cop. 

Someone get this guy started on seatbelt laws

• Love 1
  • Haha 2

T.J. was silly for running off like that of course (If the report is accurate). Come on bro, 6'5 black guy on that device? You aren't fooling anyone. However, the fact he got away from law enforcement and they had the time to even deal with this stuff...must have lots of time on their hands. Honestly, T.J. is a grown man and he can accept the consequences, but I am almost wondering why not involve his coaches, etc before it even got this far. I feel like that would naturally happen at other places. "Oh but you can't show parity to certain students." Well that is life.

• Like 1

Best line so far:

"I mean, I watched him "attempt to elude" the whole second half of last season too, but I didn't think it was illegal."