Dick Cheney - "Never been a greater threat to Republic than Donald Trump."

AU9377

Is he supposed to be an "honest politician?"...have you considered  what's in it for him? ..or do you feel he has the country's best interests at heart?...im curious...can anyone name the top 5 most trustworthy politicians in the country?....ya know, the honest ones ...the ones looking out for the country ( like you and me) and not themselves?..not their party???..theres gotta be something out there to make sense of why you people worship and idolize  these leaders enough to literally hate any opposition to their views!

Is he supposed to be an "honest politician?"...have you considered  what's in it for him? ..or do you feel he has the country's best interests at heart?...im curious...can anyone name the top 5 most trustworthy politicians in the country?....ya know, the honest ones ...the ones looking out for the country ( like you and me) and not themselves?..not their party???..theres gotta be something out there to make sense of why you people worship and idolize  these leaders enough to literally hate any opposition to their views!

I believe that Liz Cheney values the truth and our system of government over her seat in Congress. I can respect that.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/4/2022 at 10:17 PM, AU9377 said:

I believe that Liz Cheney values the truth and our system of government over her seat in Congress. I can respect that.

You believe Liz Cheney values the truth and our system of government, yet she threw her entire career into the gutter and threw a middle finger to the majority of her own party  over her hatred of President Trump? I mean, that was her ENTIRE campaign! Liz Cheney has zero business representing anyone, anywhere, at any time. It's one thing to not like someone and to even fight against them.  It's a mental health issue to let your hatred of someone overtake your entire being. 

• Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Amazing how positively leftists view Dick Cheney now. He was literally the devil while Bush was President.

We don't like him. 

lying and misleading a nation into decades of disastrous and costly middle eastern wars does do a number on a persons popularity. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AUBURNJAC said:

You believe Liz Cheney values the truth and our system of government, yet she threw her entire career into the gutter and threw a middle finger to the majority of her own party  over her hatred of President Trump? I mean, that was her ENTIRE campaign! Liz Cheney has zero business representing anyone, anywhere, at any time. It's one thing to not like someone and to even fight against them.  It's a mental health issue to let your hatred of someone overtake your entire being. 

I think most of us just liked her because she didn't toe the Trump line in contesting the election he lost.

4 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

Amazing how positively leftists view Dick Cheney now. He was literally the devil while Bush was President.

He still sucks. No one likes him. He just isn't as bad as other conservatives following Trump off the edge.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, AUBURNJAC said:

Trump is the Republican party now.   

There's only a tiny handful of Republicans who will openly oppose him.  The great majority of the party either supports him or are too afraid - or lack the character - to oppose him. (My senator Lindsey Graham is a prime example.)

That effectively means Liz Cheney's Republican party no longer exists.  Kudos to her for recognizing that.

I don't like Liz's politics but at least she's among the few Republicans with enough personal integrity to respond appropriately to the reality of Trump.

• Like 1

You attribute her actions to hatred. If, however, she genuinely thought Trump was a threat to the existence of our government, would you feel her actions were justified, and that she thought she was acting in the best interests of her constituents?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm quite sure she absolutely believes that President Trump is a threat.  It's called delusional.... Some people call it TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and it is a very real thing.  The left and especially biden and his media minions have done a fantastic job of dividing this country as well as portraying President Trump as some fascist threat to democracy.  The truth is, this illegitimate government of ours is what will bring down this great country and turn it into either a communist regime or straight up anarchy will ensue.  I'm starting to wonder if they even care as long as they bring this country and the constitution that protects her integrity down. 

• Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, AUBURNJAC said:

I'm quite sure she absolutely believes that President Trump is a threat.  It's called delusional.... Some people call it TDS (Trump Derangement Syndrome) and it is a very real thing.  The left and especially biden and his media minions have done a fantastic job of dividing this country as well as portraying President Trump as some fascist threat to democracy.  The truth is, this illegitimate government of ours is what will bring down this great country and turn it into either a communist regime or straight up anarchy will ensue.  I'm starting to wonder if they even care as long as they bring this country and the constitution that protects her integrity down. 

giphy.gif

Did you enter the Capitol on January 6th or, did you wait outside?

• Dislike 1