***Official**** 2022 Auburn football man crush

bigbird

I'll take Jacob Quattlebaum. Long snappers tend to go unnoticed until something bad happens. Plus his name sounds like royalty...Lord Jacob Quattlebaum.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'll go with an under the radar guy. Safety Marquise Gilbert. Any safety compared to Mike McNeil in skill set has my attention. I also got a soft spot for Juco guys

• Like 1

Colby Wooden bay baaaaaay!!!! Lfg! Woooooo yessssiiiiirrrr!!! 

F1F52BE1-B5E2-4056-AEAB-8B771A7F3E29.png

• Love 3

Bird gave me the "honor" and took my dude, smh. I'll go with shed.

You said one or the other. I gave you the other 😁

Colby Wooden bay baaaaaay!!!! Lfg! Woooooo yessssiiiiirrrr!!! 

F1F52BE1-B5E2-4056-AEAB-8B771A7F3E29.png

It came down to Hall, Zion, or Wooden for me. Good pick.

I've always picked a secondary guy, but there are so many really good DBs that I couldn't narrow it down. 

• Love 1

Mr. Steiner please.  Wesley, that is....

32018821-6191-45F2-8763-C1667598E183.jpeg

I have that exact picture signed.  My dad ran into them at a Kinkos in Knoxville way back in the day.

• Like 1

I have that exact picture signed.  My dad ran into them at a Kinkos in Knoxville way back in the day.

That’s awesome.

That’s awesome.

In Middle-High School, we'd always get a group of guys to pitch in for the PPVs.  Some of the best wrestling back in the day w/ WCW v WWF.  Crazy stuff they were doing back then.

• Like 2

SOAB WTH I take off one frickin day and this happens........I help recruit the kid now I may have to ban AU80cruiser.......J/K J/K 

Noticed bird started the thread at random and claimed his. Probably knew you were off that day lol

• Like 1

In Middle-High School, we'd always get a group of guys to pitch in for the PPVs.  Some of the best wrestling back in the day w/ WCW v WWF.  Crazy stuff they were doing back then.

Those were the glory days for sure.

• Like 1

I'll go with the man cleaning it up deep.  Donovan Kaufman! #1

de02901e-09ef-4cd0-a59d-019a5526cce2_text.gif

usatsi_17244090.jpg

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 2

If I can help let me know!

Maybe you can make a list of everyone's pick. 

• Thanks 1

Sorry ladies and gents for my tardiness. I've been dealing with a recent death in the family. 😞

Huge thanks to @bigbird for starting the thread and keeping the tradition going in my absence. 

Here's to a great season in 2022! 

War Eagle everyone!!!

I'm riding with my guy Jaylin Simpson. 😍😍🤩🤩

USATSI_17064073.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

I’ll be the first to start crushing I guess!

Confident Zierer ready for his opportunity this fall

16 hours ago

Auburn Football Preseason Day 2 Drills

AUBURN, Alabama—Suffering a knee injury early in his second season of junior college football in 2019, offensive tackle Kilian Zierer came to Auburn in 2020 just in time for Covid to hit. Still recovering from his knee surgery, Zierer missed the spring when it was canceled because of the pandemic. Still coming back and not full speed, the native of Germany sat at out the entire 2020 season in his attempt to be ready for life in the Southeastern Conference.

That came last season when he finally got an opportunity to show what he could do. Playing in eight games for the Tigers, Zierer got his first start at Arkansas and earned offensive lineman of the week for the team for his performance.

Finally able to get on the field and gain experience, Zierer said the playing time was a big deal for him and gave him a big boost heading into the offseason and spring practices. That has carried over into the preseason where he looks poised to win the starting job at the left tackle position.

“I think I’ve finally got my confidence back after injuries and not playing for about two years,” Zierer said. “Getting back in the game and not knowing how it’s going to go. Playing and starting a couple of games and seeing that I can play in this league, that kind of gave me my confidence back.”

Now in his third season at Auburn, Zierer didn’t begin playing football until the age of 16 and sought more from American football when he moved to the U.S. to play at College of the Canyons. It didn’t take him long to make his presence known at the California junior college, becoming the top offensive tackle prospect in the country from the juco ranks.

That didn’t matter following the injury as a sophomore and then the missed time in his first year at Auburn. With such little actual experience, he said just getting to get his feet wet was a big deal.

Like I said, my confidence finally came back,” Zierer said. “I wasn't really self-confident for a while, because I didn't know — 'Can I play in this league? Can I do this? Can I do that?' So I think it was huge to be able to say that I started a couple of games. I just feel like I can play in this league.”

Giving Zierer more confidence is having to go up against Auburn pass rushers Derick Hall and Eku Leota every day in practice. Two of the better pass rushers in the Southeastern Conference, the duo give Zierer an idea of what he’ll have to tackle when he’s a full-time starter in this league.

“It helps a lot, for sure,” he said. “Those two guys are probably the best rushers I've ever gone against. It helps a lot, going against those guys and going into a game, knowing that you can play with those guys, too.”

With just over three weeks until the Tigers open the season against the Mercer Bears on September 3 at Jordan-Hare Stadium, the offensive line is working to get ready for the season while the quarterback race and the wide receiver group get much of the attention on offense. With experience and depth, Zierer said everything for them will come down to continued improvement and being a cohesive unit.

6COMMENTS

“I think it looks, as a unit, just all playing together and being on the same page, having no missed assignments, everybody doing their job,” Zierer said. “And then, individually, I don't think anybody really reaches their ceiling, but everybody knows you can play better. At some point, 'this is my best, this is the best game I've played.' I don't think anybody is there yet, so far.”

• Like 2