The FBI raids Mar-A-Lago.

AU9377

Actually, his employees.

Shows character regardless. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

One man rightfully punished...soooo many other political figures untouched. Say America isn't corrupt with a straight face. I've never thought I would hate a political system more than modern day American politics(Republicans AND Democrats).

Thank you! 

• Facepalm 1

I thought the campaign finance fraud stemming from the 1/6 probe would be what got him. Interested to see what this turns out to be.

Oh that's still coming down the line. He lost in court yesterday so the IRS has to give tax returns to investigation and his financung company turned over documents

• Like 1

Shows character regardless. 

What does it show about one’s character when the person partied and joked around with Epstein?

I think you are probably right, but my bigger concern in this isn’t this particular case, but more so the precedent.  It’s another step in the endless brinksmanship both sides seem to continually play.  The limits get pushed, the next time, the other side does it based on the last time it happened, then it’s the new norm.  Just another crack in a rapidly decaying wall….

If you are concerned about precedent, you need to shift your focus to Trump.  He has destroyed more precedent and tradition than any president in our history with his behavior - including a foundational principle of our democracy - the peaceful transfer of power.

And is there really anyone in the country who believes that if Trump is charged and convicted of a serious crime, it would have any affect on his supporters?  Think about that. 

Trump holds himself totally above the law.  Now that's unprecedented in this country.

who is the cat with the moniker provibe? all he is slinging is negs. i just realized that and it made me laugh.

While not technically "punished" in prison as many desire, he's having his s*** raided. 

Clinton was disbarred. Not indicted, but impeached. Here to date, he’s suffered more consequences than Trump. Comey broke protocol to announce an investigation into HRC. The polls immediately reversed. She suffered more consequences, thus far, than Trump.

• Like 3

Clinton was disbarred. Not indicted, but impeached. Here to date, he’s suffered more consequences than Trump. Comey broke protocol to announce an investigation into HRC. The polls immediately reversed. She suffered more consequences, thus far, than Trump.

And for every one of those, you have a vast majority commit insider trading(illegal) to get filthy rich. So they get "disbarred and impeached" then live in luxury and laugh at the plebs that think "justice was served". Justice will never be served to the corruption in US politics.

You can fundraise off corruption.  Donate to your favorite politicians "defense" fund.

The problem is not democrats/republicans can get away with it while democrats/republicans cannot.

The problem is,,, money in politics, money in the legal system.

Basic principles have all been monetized.

One party pushes for more equality.  The other party pushes for less.

• Like 5

And for every one of those, you have a vast majority commit insider trading(illegal) to get filthy rich. So they get "disbarred and impeached" then live in luxury and laugh at the plebs that think "justice was served". Justice will never be served to the corruption in US politics.

I don’t think anyone supports insider trading by congress members. Citizens United was an abomination of a case 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

What does it show about one’s character when the person partied and joked around with Epstein?

Same thing....not a trumper 

• Like 2

You can fundraise off corruption.  Donate to your favorite politicians "defense" fund.

The problem is not democrats/republicans can get away with it while democrats/republicans cannot.

The problem is,,, money in politics, money in the legal system.

Basic principles have all been monetized.

One party pushes for more equality.  The other party pushes for less.

I don’t think anyone supports insider trading by congress members. Citizens United was an abomination of a case 

Yep.....more proof we need to clean slate. 

• Like 1

You called it that we would be “predictable” in expecting equal treatment of both sides of the political spectrum- what a novel concept….

If you think that a search warrant would be “scrupulously” reviewed, but signing a FISA warrant wasn’t it shows how delusional you are.  I would expect all of it to be reviewed thoroughly   But then again, the judge that signed the warrant donated thousands to Obama, so I don’t know why anyone would think there may be some bias there.   The FBI is so compromised at this point I don’t see how they can ever regain their prior reputation   As for Garland, he is more politician than AG   He openly rejects enforcing laws   

The judge that signed the warrant also contributed to other politicians as well.  In fact, he has given more to Republican candidates. If you want to become a Federal judge, donating to campaigns is part of the process.  Garland is not a politician.  The man was a Federal judge before being named AG.  He has gone out of his way to maintain a wall between the justice dept and the White House, something that Trump never did at any time.

• Like 2

The judge that signed the warrant also contributed to other politicians as well.  In fact, he has given more to Republican candidates. If you want to become a Federal judge, donating to campaigns is part of the process.  Garland is not a politician.  The man was a Federal judge before being named AG.  He has gone out of his way to maintain a wall between the justice dept and the White House, something that Trump never did at any time.

Neither did Eric “I got your back Barack “ Holder. So simply following precedent of previous admins.

Neither did Eric “I got your back Barack “ Holder. So simply following precedent of previous admins.

It is very easy to take something out of context and try to claim that it shows something years later.  Obama was squeaky clean when it came to blending and exerting power over other parts of government.  For example, he could have stopped the entire Hillary email fiasco in its tracks had he pushed his power with the DOJ.  Instead, the DOJ publicly placed that investigation under Comey, whose term extended beyond Obama's term in office.

Trump saw no boundary that he couldn't cross.  Look for farther than the reasons he replaced 2 Attorney Generals.

• Like 4

Screen Shot 2022-08-10 at 2.01.49 PM.png

As someone on Twitter pointed out, law enforcement doesn't let anyone - lawyers included - stay and observe them executing search warrants.  They remove everyone from the area.  It's standard procedure.  It's the latest version of Trump's schtick called: "It's an outrage when the typical happens to me."

• Like 2

While I get this concern to some degree, why isn't there an equal or greater amount of concern that Trump actually has done something illegal, potentially dangerous to national security, and yet is still the front runner to win the GOP nomination in 2024 if he runs?  

And why could this just as easily be seen as something good - that rather than "brinksmanship" or "pushing limits" it's simply a live demonstration that not even a former president is above the law.  That if there is evidence that warrants it, even the rich and powerful have to answer for their actions.  

Literally, this is how our system is supposed to work and rather than lamenting it or casting it in ominous tones, we should be seeing it as a good and right thing.

If anything comes of this, I will absolutely support application of the law   As I said in my first post in this thread IF evidence is presented that this has merit - so be it, and let the chips fall where they may.   That being said - everything I’ve seen going at Trump this far is political / partisan mud slinging and lacks merit.   Forgive me for being a little skeptical of the “big news on Trump” headlines.   

trump is an immediate threat to the country.he has told his boys to hit folks and hit them again and he would get them out of jail. trump failed miserably in trying to take over the country. hunter is a drug addict  buying abnormal amounts of a visine and chasing ho's. see how that works?

This is much more than comparing Trump to Hunter.   How do you feel about Poppa Joe?  

Be completely honest, if the following happened with Trump, how would you react:

1) a business partner of Trumps presented the “10% cut for this big guy”  testimony

2) combined with the laptop evidence and voicemails

3) the documented visits of Hunters business partners meeting with Joe (in the White House) despite the obviously untrue statements that they “never discussed business” 

And you think Trump is the threat?   We won’t even begin to discuss the Upcoming Pelosi-gate story with her husband and sons business deals    

See above - if we don’t support it we have a huge track record of it with Pelosi, and now with Paul jr on this most recent trip, what is the DOJ doing about it?  

• Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

Does this wall include the investigation of school board meeting attendees as Domestic Terrorists?  The NSBA sent a letter to Biden and five days later the DOJ, through the FBI, starts investigating parents.  Do you believe this was a coincidence?  Dr. Jill was involved in this one.

• Facepalm 2

Does this wall include the investigation of school board meeting attendees as Domestic Terrorists?  The NSBA sent a letter to Biden and five days later the DOJ, through the FBI, starts investigating parents.  Do you believe this was a coincidence?  Dr. Jill was involved in this one.

Don’t forget his stellar track record of enforcing the laws around the intimidation of Supreme Court justices - not politically motivated at all….

• Like 1

Don’t forget his stellar track record of enforcing the laws around the intimidation of Supreme Court justices - not politically motivated at all….

This is so Fox newsish.......  Neither the AG or the President runs security for the Supreme Court.

The what aboutisms that aren't even close to being on point are never ending.  Yesterday, the first reaction was to attack the judge signing the warrants.  The next was to compare everything to Hillary, while ignoring the blatant hypocrisy shown by doing so.

Edited by AU9377
  • Like 1

You don't think that was overblown just a bit?

If anything comes of this, I will absolutely support application of the law   As I said in my first post in this thread IF evidence is presented that this has merit - so be it, and let the chips fall where they may.   That being said - everything I’ve seen going at Trump this far is political / partisan mud slinging and lacks merit.   Forgive me for being a little skeptical of the “big news on Trump” headlines.   

This is much more than comparing Trump to Hunter.   How do you feel about Poppa Joe?  

Be completely honest, if the following happened with Trump, how would you react:

1) a business partner of Trumps presented the “10% cut for this big guy”  testimony

2) combined with the laptop evidence and voicemails

3) the documented visits of Hunters business partners meeting with Joe (in the White House) despite the obviously untrue statements that they “never discussed business” 

And you think Trump is the threat?   We won’t even begin to discuss the Upcoming Pelosi-gate story with her husband and sons business deals    

See above - if we don’t support it we have a huge track record of it with Pelosi, and now with Paul jr on this most recent trip, what is the DOJ doing about it?  

Trump is the only President that has attempted to have votes thrown out and fake electors installed instead of valid ones, so yes, he is the greater threat to this country.  The other things you mention are, at least in part, sensationalized narratives that haven't been shown to be criminal activity.

You don't think that was overblown just a bit?

The point being, there was no wall between Biden and the DOJ in this instance.  Which means it can and probably does happen in other instances.