The FBI raids Mar-A-Lago.

AU9377

because most people figured out trump is a liar and a crook. people are sick of his mouth and whining. he gives himself away if you listen. and again.....he thinks his followers and supporters are still stupid enough to believe him.

So you believe old Joe and his son Hunter

• Facepalm 4

He never said that. Don’t build strawmen to knock down. 

not believing trump’s BS doesn’t automatically mean you believe in Biden or Biden’s BS. 

Edited by Didba

He never said that. Don’t build strawmen to knock down. 

not believing trump’s BS doesn’t automatically mean you believe in Biden or Biden’s BS. 

True but consistent application of the law is NOT happening, nor has it, for quite awhile. 

• Like 2

True but consistent application of the law is NOT happening, nor has it, for quite awhile. 

scrubs-dr-cox.gif.ba0044a98e67fbdd6863218cefb269aa.gif

Stay with me as I know this is a crazy concept to some.  You can actually see Trump as a liar and a crook and not automatically believe Joe, Hunter or the Democrats.

Mind blowing, I know.

• Like 2

Dystopian nightmare! FBI obtains warrant, conducts search!

This is the kind of thing that could only happen in countries run by “tin-pot dictators” conservatives fumed on Twitter upon seeing that the FBI had searched former president Donald Trump’s Florida home. “If this is what they’re able to do to the former president of the United States, think about what they could do to you,” Lara Trump warned on Fox News.

It’s true! If this is what investigators will do to the former president of the United States — follow all the steps to obtain a warrant from a judge to search his home for documents that they (and the judge) believed probable cause suggested were there, then leave without arresting anybody — imagine what they will do to you! You might also have to deal with a search warrant from a judge! You, too, might receive due process when suspected of committing a crime!

Imagine! The next time it appears that you have run afoul of the Presidential Records Act by taking classified documents home, the FBI will obtain a warrant from a judge to come to your combined residence and country club to search your safe — with cooperation from the Secret Service! There are millions of Americans out there right now reasonably saying to themselves, “All this time I have been storing classified materials pertaining to the office of the president, some too classified even to be described (which sounds like a koan), as I thought was my right as an average citizen. And now, I see what kind of hell scape I am living in! One where the former president is subject to laws, just as I, an average citizen, am subject to laws!”

It is a well-known fact that federal law enforcement exists solely to make miserable the lives of civil rights leaders, to bury in a deep hole all allegations against Brett M. Kavanaugh and to investigate Hillary Clinton, root of all evil. What it is not for is this. Next, you are going to tell me that if somebody tries to keep themselves in power by force, they ought to face consequences for it!

Well may the Republican congressional minority rend its garments and wail. Well may House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy threaten retribution. What are we coming to, when law enforcement agencies enforce the law against the president? Against average citizens, sure. Against troublemakers, an ill-defined category that I refer you to Trump speeches to better understand — naturally! But against our god-king? Our cherished former president?

A state governed by laws is no state for me. I wanted a state where some people are above the law and some people are below the law. I wanted one where Trump specifically was above the law and also got to use the apparatus of the state to harass his political opponents. That is apolitical and just. This is — just awful!

“No former president is safe,” tweeted Matt Gaetz, (R-Fla.) Too true! Too true! John Adams sitting there on his trove of documents. Benjamin Harrison, inciting all those insurrections. William Henry Harrison, being there! Any one of us could become a former president, if we play our cards wrong, and we must first ask ourselves: If the most powerful are not above the law, who can be? Is anyone? Shouldn’t someone be?

Try to be less predictable. I called it that you guys would just bring up hunter Biden, Hillary’s emails and mueller. 

Further, the Steele dossier situation is hardly analogous to this. Signing a search warrant for a former president’s home will be scrupulously reviewed by multiple federal judges, the AG, head of the FBI. Highly unlikely multiple federal judges would sign off on it without doing extreme diligence in verifying the evidence giving rise to probable cause for a former president. They know the ramifications of a fraudulently obtained warrant in this situation. 

Moreover, no one should get a pass. Hillary should have been indicted if they determined she should have been charged. Hillary sucks dude, you don’t score any points attacking her. 

The media’s objectivity has no bearing on the search warrant. 

You called it that we would be “predictable” in expecting equal treatment of both sides of the political spectrum- what a novel concept….

If you think that a search warrant would be “scrupulously” reviewed, but signing a FISA warrant wasn’t it shows how delusional you are.  I would expect all of it to be reviewed thoroughly   But then again, the judge that signed the warrant donated thousands to Obama, so I don’t know why anyone would think there may be some bias there.   The FBI is so compromised at this point I don’t see how they can ever regain their prior reputation   As for Garland, he is more politician than AG   He openly rejects enforcing laws   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

You called it that we would be “predictable” in expecting equal treatment of both sides of the political spectrum- what a novel concept….

If you think that a search warrant would be “scrupulously” reviewed, but signing a FISA warrant wasn’t it shows how delusional you are.  I would expect all of it to be reviewed thoroughly.

I never said any of the above bold text. Stop stretching words of others to build straw-men.

A tip for you if you start a sentence "if you think..." or "so you think..." you are probably about to create a straw-man argument or state a person said something that they didn't actually say.

As for the FISA warrant, Judges can only review what they are provided and if a LEO commits fraud by presenting falsified information to the judge, testifying to it then the fraud is on the LEO not the Judge. I don't really know the particulars of the case though. 

Anywho, I already pointed out why the circumstances for the FISA warrant and the warrant against MAL were different. See above for my response.

They will find something...how will we know what it is they find wasn't planted?

I was just about to post that it won't matter what they find, at least to MAGAs. :-\

If anything, it will likely energize them.

We already know that.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

I never said any of the above bold text. Stop stretching words of others to build straw-men.

A tip for you if you start a sentence "if you think..." or "so you think..." you are probably about to create a straw-man argument or state a person said something that they didn't actually say.

As for the FISA warrant, Judges can only review what they are provided and if a LEO commits fraud by presenting falsified information to the judge, testifying to it then the fraud is on the LEO not the Judge. I don't really know the particulars of the case though. 

Anywho, I already pointed out why the circumstances for the FISA warrant and the warrant against MAL were different. See above for my response.

Allow me to clarify - I did not intend to make it look like you said anything you bolded - I left out a “us” being conservatives expecting .  Cell phone typing isn’t always a strength of mine.

However - there is no straw man arguement in pointing out that the burden or proof for a search warrant and a FISA warrant are both high.  You are correct that if a LEO misrepresented the case there should be consequences.  The conservative point here is that obviously didn’t happen on any of the other cases where the swamp tried railroading him - so why would we think it’s legit this time?

Much like in other cases involving law enforcement, I’ll wait to see the evidence before finalizing judgement, but the partisan track record of thw FBI / DOJ doesn’t do it any favors.  

• Like 2

Heard that one over and over in the past years….gets Brother Homer and Fiddy hyperventilating for no reason.

For no reason?   Seriously Salty? 

Have you gone full MAGA, or are you just 'going along to get along', like most Republicans are?

Edited by homersapien

Allow me to clarify - I did not intend to make it look like you said anything you bolded - I left out a “us” being conservatives expecting .  Cell phone typing isn’t always a strength of mine.

However - there is no straw man arguement in pointing out that the burden or proof for a search warrant and a FISA warrant are both high.  You are correct that if a LEO misrepresented the case there should be consequences.  The conservative point here is that obviously didn’t happen on any of the other cases where the swamp tried railroading him - so why would we think it’s legit this time?

Much like in other cases involving law enforcement, I’ll wait to see the evidence before finalizing judgement, but the partisan track record of thw FBI / DOJ doesn’t do it any favors.  

All good. We are on the same page. I agree with you on all of this. Apologies on the strawmen snark, you clearly weren’t actually trying to do that. 

• Like 1

So, we get chastised by you for not trusting LEOs, but then you turn around and say the government cannot be trusted.  I'd trust federal judges more than I trust LEOs.

But if they are liberals they are trying to "destroy the country", by definition. ;)

Funny….a few years ago this magistrate was defending Jeffrey Epstein. 

• Dislike 1

But if they are liberals they are trying to "destroy the country", by definition. ;)

Liberals are trying to destroy the Republic. 

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

A lot of folks are getting too excited over this. This will probably end with a fizzle and not a bang. Lmao 

the-dude-yeah-well-you-know-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.gif.eb1c460b38a0d9c1b6924dcd97331a68.gif

• Haha 1

Funny….a few years ago this magistrate was defending Jeffrey Epstein. 

donald-trump-jeffrey-epstein.gif

A lot of folks are getting too excited over this. This will probably end with a fizzle and not a bang. Lmao 

I think you are probably right, but my bigger concern in this isn’t this particular case, but more so the precedent.  It’s another step in the endless brinksmanship both sides seem to continually play.  The limits get pushed, the next time, the other side does it based on the last time it happened, then it’s the new norm.  Just another crack in a rapidly decaying wall….

• Like 2

I think you are probably right, but my bigger concern in this isn’t this particular case, but more so the precedent.  It’s another step in the endless brinksmanship both sides seem to continually play.  The limits get pushed, the next time, the other side does it based on the last time it happened, then it’s the new norm.  Just another crack in a rapidly decaying wall….

While I get this concern to some degree, why isn't there an equal or greater amount of concern that Trump actually has done something illegal, potentially dangerous to national security, and yet is still the front runner to win the GOP nomination in 2024 if he runs?  

And why could this just as easily be seen as something good - that rather than "brinksmanship" or "pushing limits" it's simply a live demonstration that not even a former president is above the law.  That if there is evidence that warrants it, even the rich and powerful have to answer for their actions.  

Literally, this is how our system is supposed to work and rather than lamenting it or casting it in ominous tones, we should be seeing it as a good and right thing.

• Like 4

trump is an immediate threat to the country.he has told his boys to hit folks and hit them again and he would get them out of jail. trump failed miserably in trying to take over the country. hunter is a drug addict  buying abnormal amounts of a visine and chasing ho's. see how that works?

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

One man rightfully punished...soooo many other political figures untouched. Say America isn't corrupt with a straight face. I've never thought I would hate a political system more than modern day American politics(Republicans AND Democrats).

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

One man rightfully punished...soooo many other political figures untouched. Say America isn't corrupt with a straight face. I've never thought I would hate a political system more than modern day American politics(Republicans AND Democrats).

Who’s been punished?