I’m Excited

AUght2win

Like a good chunk of us, I’ve been displeased with a lot of what’s happened within the program the last 9 months. And there are still a lot of issues that need fixing.

However, I’m checking all negativity at the door with the arrival of August. I’m excited for this team. I like what I’m seeing and hearing from practice.

Everything decision in life is a cost/reward calculation. The culture rebuild was painful. But now that we’re here, I DO think it’s going to result in our team playing above the sum of their parts. I am definitely excited to see how the buy-in and cohesion translates to the field.

It’s going to be a tough schedule to navigate. But there’s definitely a chance for some signature Auburn magic this year. Can’t wait for Mercer and to see what this team can do.

Here’s to 2022 being a classic Auburn-out-of-Nowhere year. WDE Auburn family. Go get em CBH!

I have somewhat gotten excited myself, but every year, this time of year, we get the sunshine pumping articles. Every one is bigger, faster and stronger. Every newcomer is standing out. Chemistry on the team is good. All QB's look sharp. This happened every year under Gus, Chiz, and Tubs and a lot of us fall for it just for our hopes to be dashed. Hopefully you are right, but I am little more in the wait and see mode.

• Like 7

We will see…I’ve seen this episode before . Let me check out the reaction when adversity strikes and it will. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Even though things have been disappointing as of late the lone fact that we don't know what to expect in itself is exciting. The previous regime had petered out so early into the tenure it really sapped the energy of the fanbase. Whether things are good or bad the unknown is exciting in early August 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Reading this from @AUght2win has me like:

giphy234.gif.fea0facd90e15724d823b9ecf5d91d33.gif

brady.gif.35d13da099da0b2219b702aa72934daa.gif

scrubs-dr-perrycox.gif

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

I have somewhat gotten excited myself, but every year, this time of year, we get the sunshine pumping articles. Every one is bigger, faster and stronger. Every newcomer is standing out. Chemistry on the team is good. All QB's look sharp. This happened every year under Gus, Chiz, and Tubs and a lot of us fall for it just for our hopes to be dashed. Hopefully you are right, but I am little more in the wait and see mode.

Eh, we have had unprecedented access to a plethora of player interviews this summer/spring. Not something that occurred at such a high rate under Gus and Chizik.  Hearing what these players have said has me hyped for the season, oh and less coach speak, more scheme speak as well.

• Like 3

We will see…I’ve seen this episode before . Let me check out the reaction when adversity strikes and it will. 

Idk what this really means. If you’re referring to my support, it’s completely conditional on results. As any fan’s should be. But currently I’m excited and completely behind CBH.

• Like 1

All that’s true but for the first time since maybe 2013 I think there’s a genuine intangible shift among the team. We have a different and better value set than Gus’ teams.

A positive change in locker room dynamic can make an incredible difference.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like a good chunk of us, I’ve been displeased with a lot of what’s happened within the program the last 9 months. And there are still a lot of issues that need fixing.

However, I’m checking all negativity at the door with the arrival of August. I’m excited for this team. I like what I’m seeing and hearing from practice.

Everything decision in life is a cost/reward calculation. The culture rebuild was painful. But now that we’re here, I DO think it’s going to result in our team playing above the sum of their parts. I am definitely excited to see how the buy-in and cohesion translates to the field.

It’s going to be a tough schedule to navigate. But there’s definitely a chance for some signature Auburn magic this year. Can’t wait for Mercer and to see what this team can do.

Here’s to 2022 being a classic Auburn-out-of-Nowhere year. WDE Auburn family. Go get em CBH!

Our passing game will be limited.  We can't hold the edge and are throwing it short.  It will be more of the same.  

• Haha 1

I will be shocked at anything worse than 9-3

You should prepare yourself. 9-3 realistically would be the high end of it all.

• Like 4

This team should be pretty stout. Got some holes to fill, but I’m optimistic. And a solid (better than 6-4) season will cure a lot of recruiting woes. 

• Like 1

You should start avoiding outlets and thunderstorms around mid-October. 

Seriously though, if our line and QB are above average and Tank had a big year, 9 wins is realistic. All going to hinge on the line and QB though. I guess that could be said most seasons. 

Edited by AuburnEagle79
  • Like 1

College football is more a habit than a love for me, these days. The game has just changed too much. I will be pulling for Auburn as always, but my gut tells me lean times are ahead. My heart, however, believes Harsin can surprise some people this year, myself included. It will be interesting to see it play out.

• Like 2

This team should be pretty stout. Got some holes to fill, but I’m optimistic. And a solid (better than 6-4) season will cure a lot of recruiting woes. 

I’m not sold on that last part. With the early signing day now, most kids aren’t really waiting around to base their decision on the current season’s results.

Unless we have like a 9 or 10 win season. That might convince some kids CBH is the real deal. But 8 wins or below, I don’t expect to influence much.

HC came in losing his literal mind, pissed, spitting blood, shooting daggers out of his eyes. 

HCLN never lost his temper...

• Haha 1

Our passing game will be limited.  We can't hold the edge and are throwing it short.  It will be more of the same.  

You are joking right?

Hey guys, this is an optimistic thread, there are plenty of negative threads to go around yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will be shocked at anything better than 6-6. One of us is going to be shocked.

• Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

Does it rhyme with Likey or Dikey or Pikey or Nike or Tikey?

You spoke the thing into existence 

• Haha 1

Some folks are optimistic about being pessimistic. Not mentioning any names, of course

That is a perfect way to put it. Like I said, I've seen this episode before. I love football excitement. What I catch though is unreal commentary and expectations. When those expectations aren't met in some eyes, this place turns ridiculous. Realistically, 7 wins and all to most competitive games will be improvement and cause to continue CBH course as he is still building a culture ( I personally think we should at minimum win 8 games), but will those same people still be as excited or encouraged? We will see. I am ready to see this thing through.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1