Saturday Night Scrimmage Thread

toddc

12 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Hoke, JLee and Co. aren't why I left. They're working hard. 

I don’t doubt they’re working hard but if you’re gonna run a pay site and you provide zero content about a scrimmage while your pay site message boards fills up with reports from other sites and the recaps you provide are just rewording what posters put on your message board then you have a lot of work to do.  These guys aren’t new to the Auburn beat so just like Will Friend they should already have contacts and people feeding them info.  Recruiting coverage is good.

37 minutes ago, AUwartigerAU said:

I think Ashford may not fit the scheme the best, but I think he gives us the best chance to win. And the best chance at a dynamic offense. Just my thought….

I think I have read that b4 with Bo instead of Ashford.

5 minutes ago, GunsmithAU said:

If he goes the feelings route, this will be his last season. 

4 minutes ago, Hank2020 said:

I think I have read that b4 with Bo instead of Ashford.

That's right, Bo right now would be our bets chance to win. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Just now, kennypowers said:

If he had an attitude change and decided to work rather than acting like he's entitled to the QB spot.  Love Bo's game, but he thought he knew it all.  

Agreed, but he has was better than TJ, pretty much had the same season as Calz, and is fighting for a starting position at Oregon which is what Ashford would be doing right now.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

If he had an attitude change and decided to work rather than acting like he's entitled to the QB spot.  Love Bo's game, but he thought he knew it all.  

I wonder if Bo would be a different/better players if he had not been coached by Pat most of his life.   I always had trouble seeing the faults in my son's game.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LPTiger said:

I wonder if Bo would be a different/better players if he had not been coached by Pat most of his life.   I always had trouble seeing the faults in my son's game.  

I agree. I would think it had a negative impact on Bo psychologically more than in terms of mechanics. Bo’s struggles seem to be mostly mental, and his tantrums seem like the product of a coach’s son not used to things not going his way.

24 minutes ago, kennypowers said:

His last year here though he was relying on the offense more, with less cowboy (cowboy still there, just less than year b4). If he was here this year, would be even less cowboy. Will take a while to work it out of Ashford.

Edited by Hank2020

1 hour ago, AUwartigerAU said:

I think he gives us the best chance to win.

He apparently throws the ball to the other team way too often

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

He apparently throws the ball to the other team way too often

I guess you know more than me then.

2 hours ago, au302 said:

Out of curiosity, if you don't mind sharing, will you be at the upcoming one on Friday as well? 

No. I wont be attending another scrimmage. It was a Letterman event and an opportunity to tour the new facility that brought me to town. I just retired and moved farther away so it was a long trip. 

I believe it was time for Gus to go. I like Harsin but he could not have come at a worse time. Recruiting and coaching with the NIL favors schools with the more established coaching staffs and "unattached" donors. In my opinion the Yella Banana could do wonders in terms of "buying" us players but won't as long as Harsin is in charge. And other donors will not step up as long as the Banana is in charge.

While there I heard a well known lettermen / Gus disciple  knocking Harsin and his recruiting. He didn't interact with many of the players, mostly kept to himself and a few adoring fans. I also saw Takeo Spikes. He was talking with staff on the sidelines and coaching up some players. The epitome of a True Auburn Man and Player. WDE

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

47 minutes ago, Builder said:

No. I wont be attending another scrimmage. It was a Letterman event and an opportunity to tour the new facility that brought me to town. I just retired and moved farther away so it was a long trip. 

I believe it was time for Gus to go. I like Harsin but he could not have come at a worse time. Recruiting and coaching with the NIL favors schools with the more established coaching staffs and "unattached" donors. In my opinion the Yella Banana could do wonders in terms of "buying" us players but won't as long as Harsin is in charge. And other donors will not step up as long as the Banana is in charge.

While there I heard a well known lettermen / Gus disciple  knocking Harsin and his recruiting. He didn't interact with many of the players, mostly kept to himself and a few adoring fans. I also saw Takeo Spikes. He was talking with staff on the sidelines and coaching up some players. The epitome of a True Auburn Man and Player. WDE

To clarify…. Harsin wasn’t interacting last night with players and keeping to himself???

10 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

To clarify…. Harsin wasn’t interacting last night with players and keeping to himself???

I believe he meant the former player/Gus disciple that was bad mouthing CBH 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Should've been fired that night

Ugh 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

You are much too kind. That was a more embarrassing than had the players taken the field in ballerina outfits.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Didba said:

Ugh 

There was a lesson in colorful metaphors that night at my house.  I explored the entire breadth of space with form and function with such unique combinations and adept fluidity.  The next day my son asked me about one particular outpouring of syntax and my wife just chuckled and said, "good luck". 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

There was a lesson in colorful metaphors that night at my house.  I explored the entire breadth of space with form and function with such unique combinations and adept fluidity.  The next day my son asked me about one particular outpouring of syntax and my wife just chuckled and said, "good luck". 😂

"Gosh Mr. Lamar, you use your mouth prettier'n a $20 _______."

-Slim Pickens, BS as Mr. Taggart

Edited by AUx
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, AUx said:

"Gosh Mr. Lamar, you use your mouth prettier'n a $20 _______."

s***-kicker...

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I remember being there thinking it was a botched snap/play

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JMassie11 said:

To be that lucky

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JMassie11 said:

The TV announcers said nothing that they truly thought. They were professional but. They were soooooo uncomfortable trying to describe the 3 QB rotation and pee wee league improvisation as anything other than the biggest s***show ever to traverse the airwaves. If they'd said what they were thinking, the censoring would have made it sound like a constant radio test tone. 

• Like 2

That wasn't even the worst offensive play call on the night.  If I remember correctly, it was on our first offensive play, Gus had our right tackle pull and try to block their right defensive end.  I can't remember who our tackle was and who their DE was, but the play was a total bust.   I was there in person unfortunately.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

It's crazy that we kept that game as close as we did, against the eventual national champs no less.

(We did win 8 games that year, though, incl. a winning record in league play. Who wouldn't take that this year?)

Edited by AUwent