poor ol trump they took his passports

aubiefifty

kj0zdz7iiyh91.jpg

13 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

People on the left want this to be so true, they will believe anything. LOL

Well, the first part is true enough, but just for the record, everyone I know on the "left" is perfectly willing to let the process play out and the evidence emerge before they "believe" anything.

Whereas, you guys are literally attacking the FBI and calling for insurrection.

So if anyone is believing what they want to believe, it's Republicans.

Edited by homersapien
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Well, the first part is true enough, but just for the record, everyone I know on the "left" is perfectly willing to let the process play out and the evidence emerge before they "believe" anything.

Whereas, you guys are literally attacking the FBI and calling for insurrection.

So if anyone is believing what they want to believe, it's Republicans.

Except they did not take his passports to prevent him from traveling due to an impending arrest. 

6 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Except they did not take his passports to prevent him from traveling due to an impending arrest. 

Um....which I guess is probably why he admitted he wished it were true, just as you pointed out? :dunno:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

:dunno:  The only thing I have seen about Trump's passports is that it was "returned" after the search.  Trump was the one claiming they "took" his passport.

What's your point?

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

:dunno:  The only thing I have seen about Trump's passports is that it was "returned" after the search.  Trump was the one claiming they "took" his passport.

What's your point?

Read the Tweet in the OP, I am sure Fidy got a little excited when he saw it. Just like all the lefties on social media that I see reposting this acting like it's about to happen. LOL

Not only that, it was known before this Tweet that his passports were returned. Yet, it is only the right that runs with un fact checked information right?

2 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

Read the Tweet in the OP, I am sure Fidy got a little excited when he saw it. Just like all the lefties on social media that I see reposting this acting like it's about to happen. LOL

Not only that, it was known before this Tweet that his passports were returned. Yet, it is only the right that runs with un fact checked information right?

This Tweet is from a Trump loving Republican, so I don't know why you're on the "left" about overreacting about anything. 

I'm just laughing at the tweet in the OP for thinking that God would be blessing Donald Trump for anything. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This Tweet is from a Trump loving Republican, so I don't know why you're on the "left" about overreacting about anything. 

I'm just laughing at the tweet in the OP for thinking that God would be blessing Donald Trump for anything. 

Yes, but it’s being circulated by all the left leaning friends on FB. Getting all excited saying the right is scared that Trump is going to be arrested. Or I see them saying “it’s happening.” Figured Fidy was jumping on that bandwagon. 

Maybe god is up there saying “Bless his heart”………

His passports were returned but the big question is the search warrant had a list of things that they searching for and passports were not on the warrant.  So my question is why did they grab them in the first place?  It is not like a passport can be confused with the type documents they were searching for.  To me this indicated that while there may have been a legitimate reason for the search warrant to an extent the FBI used it as a fishing expedition. That said I am waiting for the outcome of the investigation before making any grand statements as to whether this was a legitimate search or if there were some minor issues that could have been resolved without this type of search.  

I am a Republican who hopes that we have a different candidate like DeSantis or Haley as our next candidate as they are not as polarizing as Trump and we need healing. However if after this investigation if nothing comes out of it Trump will be able to say that the FBI at the top levels has been politicized and the fact that nothing came out of the search would tend to prove he is right. 

If nothing comes out of this search warrant the FBI has pretty much guaranteed that Trump will be the Republican candidate and probably will win the election in 2024 as the Democrats don't really have any viable candidates at this time. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

trump is not your normal crook. he has been hurting people for years. hell yes lock him up. if i did what he did i would never be released from prison. you guys act like the rule of law only exists for libs and the repukes can get away with anything. but at the end of the day i can laugh looking back when trump said his followers would believe anything he told them. and sorry folks but at this point of time do you really have to fact trump trump after all he has done? he has shown his true colors over and over again. and yes i did get excited wde! lock him up! if they do not make an example of him not far down the line some other cat is going to try what trump did.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

His passports were returned but the big question is the search warrant had a list of things that they searching for and passports were not on the warrant.  So my question is why did they grab them in the first place?  It is not like a passport can be confused with the type documents they were searching for.  To me this indicated that while there may have been a legitimate reason for the search warrant to an extent the FBI used it as a fishing expedition. That said I am waiting for the outcome of the investigation before making any grand statements as to whether this was a legitimate search or if there were some minor issues that could have been resolved without this type of search.  

I am a Republican who hopes that we have a different candidate like DeSantis or Haley as our next candidate as they are not as polarizing as Trump and we need healing. However if after this investigation if nothing comes out of it Trump will be able to say that the FBI at the top levels has been politicized and the fact that nothing came out of the search would tend to prove he is right. 

If nothing comes out of this search warrant the FBI has pretty much guaranteed that Trump will be the Republican candidate and probably will win the election in 2024 as the Democrats don't really have any viable candidates at this time. 

Passports are property of the US government and must be turned over upon request.  They don't need a reason why nor do they need a search warrant .

§ 51.7 Passport property of the U.S. Government.

(a) A passport at all times remains the property of the United States and must be returned to the U.S. Government upon demand.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

trump is not your normal crook. he has been hurting people for years. hell yes lock him up. if i did what he did i would never be released from prison. you guys act like the rule of law only exists for libs and the repukes can get away with anything. but at the end of the day i can laugh looking back when trump said his followers would believe anything he told them. and sorry folks but at this point of time do you really have to fact trump trump after all he has done? he has shown his true colors over and over again. and yes i did get excited wde! lock him up! if they do not make an example of him not far down the line some other cat is going to try what trump did.

He’s been doing what those going after him have been doing all their lives. The best thing that could happen is for all of them to be sent packing. Unfortunately the crooks run the show. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Didba said:

Passports are property of the US government and must be turned over upon request.  They don't need a reason why nor do they need a search warrant .

(a) A passport at all times remains the property of the United States and must be returned to the U.S. Government upon demand.

We are the property owners of the US Government….or it should be that way. Lol 

• Facepalm 1

20 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Well, if it was a "fishing expedition", they caught some fish:  :-\

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2022/08/12/trump-warrant-release/

Agents at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago seized 11 sets of classified documents, court filing shows

Search warrant unsealed Friday lists potential crimes including mishandling defense information and destruction of records

Edited by homersapien

Republican (MAGA) reaction to this warrant has become a bigger story than the warrant itself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2022/08/16/mike-pence-classified-documents-mar-a-lago-trump/

Damning new Pence leaks reveal a big truth about Trump — and the GOP

Throughout the sordid saga of Donald Trump’s post-presidency, Mike Pence has shown Republicans another way. By defending his refusal to subvert the 2020 election results, Pence has illustrated — in the face of Trump’s fury — that you can prioritize constitutional governance above loyalty to Trump and still call yourself a Republican.

Something similar may be unfolding with the scandal surrounding government documents that Trump improperly — and possibly illegally — had at his Mar-a-Lago resort, where federal agents searched the premises last week.

Pence allies are now quietly drawing attention to sharp differences in how the men handled their documents as Trump’s presidency ended. Sources tell the New York Times that Pence aides scrupulously followed protocol in organizing his government papers — a contrast obviously intended to reflect badly on Trump.

This disparity captures something essential about this situation. Pence is demonstrating that Republicans should want to handle documents responsibly, that maybe Trump’s conduct in this regard might have been — gasp! — less than perfect. That’s not a position many Republicans dare to articulate.

The Times quotes numerous sources blaming Mark Meadows for failing to oversee the handling of Trump’s documents, effectively throwing the former White House chief of staff under the bus. The Times then adds this contrast with Pence:

As Mr. Trump sought to hold on to power, two of Mr. Pence’s senior aides — Marc Short, his chief of staff, and Greg Jacob, his counsel — indexed and boxed all of his government papers, according to three former officials with knowledge of the work.
Mr. Jacob spent the bulk of his final few days in government preparing the final boxes, with the goal of ensuring that Mr. Pence left office without a single paper that did not belong to him, one of the officials said.

It’s hard to imagine these points being made without at least tacit awareness on Pence’s part. So after Trump’s endless abuse, Pence allies might be slipping in the shiv at a vulnerable moment. (Also recall that Jacob revealed damning details to the Jan. 6 select committee about Trump’s pressure on Pence to steal the election.)

That also demonstrates how deranged the position of Republicans defending Trump has become.

Many Republicans refuse to acknowledge even the possibility of a scintilla of wrongdoing by Trump. For them, the only acceptable line can be that law enforcement officials are uniformly persecuting him.

Allowing that law enforcement officials might have understandable motives in executing the search, that they might have demonstrated probable cause to a judge, that Trump might have committed some misconduct — even in a situation that remains largely shrouded from public view — is unthinkable.

Pence’s allies are showing that some Republicans saw a better way. In contrast to Trump, Pence’s conduct was informed by an understanding that government documents belong to the public, not to the man temporarily inhabiting the office at the voters’ pleasure. In this light, lock-step GOP defenses of Trump seem even more ridiculous.

After all, the known facts already indicate the likelihood of wrongdoing by Trump, even if many of his defenders won’t open the door to mere consideration of this prospect.

In an interview, government secrecy expert Steven Aftergood put this in perspective. As he noted, the fact that the inventory of the search illustrates the retrieval of numerous highly sensitive documents itself demonstrates that law enforcement probably had good reason for the search.

In other words, the search did find that many documents containing highly classified secrets were in Trump’s possession. As Aftergood told me, the search “seems to have been well founded, based on the results.”

None of this means Trump will be charged with crimes. The search warrant declares an interest in the potential violation of three statutes concerning treatment of government information, including doing harm to national security. But we don’t yet know if Trump violated any of those laws.

We do know, however, that Trump had extremely sensitive information at his Florida resort. As another expert puts it, “you can’t just take it with you.”

We also know that in revealing this, the search bore fruit.

To be fair, it’s still possible that the search will, in hindsight, appear as overreach. As former Bush administration lawyer Jack Goldsmith argues, to determine this, we need to know how sensitive the classified info really is, what Trump and his associates did with it, and why law enforcement thought the situation was alarming enough to necessitate the search, among other things.

There is a reasonable stance Republicans could take in all this. They could maintain that the search of a former president’s home has shocked millions and that congressional oversight must ensure that law enforcement — which has a long history in this country of abusive political targeting — is acting in an aboveboard manner.

They could say this without stating as fact that the search can only represent jackbooted tyranny to its core, while acknowledging that the jury is out on the search’s validity. Indeed, a few Republicans have adopted something like this position.

But that’s not what Trump’s defenders are saying. Instead, they suggest there is no chance whatsoever that Trump did anything remotely wrong, or that law enforcement did anything remotely right — or even understandable under the circumstances.

This is being widely treated as Republicans being Republicans. Yet it’s a ludicrous position. The leaks from people around Pence make it look still more absurd, even pathologically so.

12 hours ago, autigeremt said:

We are the property owners of the US Government….or it should be that way. Lol 

Yeah, not how it works, chief. 

On 8/16/2022 at 5:37 PM, Didba said:

True. They did not demand it. The just took it. Their demands were on the list. Thanks for the info though.