New CB Offer to Track

Zeek

Legacy player. His dad is Bengie Hood (former Auburn WR) and his uncle is Roderick Hood (former Auburn CB). It is yet to be seen how hard we will push, but if Auburn determines he is a priority then things should be wrapped up quickly. Standing at 6'0" and weighing 170 lbs. he wouldn't be a bad 3* pick up at this point in the process. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Legacy player. His dad is Bengie Hood (former Auburn WR) and his uncle is Roderick Hood (former Auburn CB). It is yet to be seen how hard we will push, but if Auburn determines he is a priority then things should be wrapped up quickly. Standing at 6'0" and weighing 170 lbs. he wouldn't be a bad 3* pick up at this point in the process. 

Roderick was a heck of a CB and great punt returner also had some success in the NFL.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Roderick was a heck of a CB and great punt returner also had some success in the NFL.

I think I saw that Roderick had 8 seasons in the NFL. Not too bad.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think I saw that Roderick had 8 seasons in the NFL. Not too bad.

If he's the one I'm thinking of, R. Hood was basically a walk-on at every level of football he ever tried.    Was buried on the depth chart in HS and fought his way up, walked on at AU and made a name for himself and went undrafted and had a long NFL career.    I think that's correct.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 1auburn1 said:

If he's the one I'm thinking of, R. Hood was basically a walk-on at every level of football he ever tried.    Was buried on the depth chart in HS and fought his way up, walked on at AU and made a name for himself and went undrafted and had a long NFL career.    I think that's correct.

Impressive mentality and effort right there.

Great family tree a solid 3 star and we have plenty of scholarships available. We should push for this young man.  If he has same work ethic as seen from his father and uncle he will be a steal.

• Like 5

Rod Hood got paid by the Cardinals too. Worked his butt off at Auburn and in Philly to earn it. Played in a Super Bowl too I believe.

• Like 3