Where can the left and right agree--Wealth inequality

Cardin Drake

3 hours ago, maxwere said:

Pareto principle implies top 4% produce 64% of the stuff.  This is the way its been for a while.  While this argument may surprise the masses, I don't see any unexpected disparity.  The fact is, people don't naturally process skewness very well.  This requires that you see something beyond your existential sense of reality... abstract, creative thinking.

The problem this presentation is assumptions.  What is wealth?  (the narrator uses cash... that's not begging the question)  Is wealth fixed?  Is there a fundamentally different conversation in income inequality?  What about corporate inequality (ie 5 banks do 99% of the banking transactions)?  Many educated higher income (technocratic) people literally have no idea how wealth is generated anymore, what difference between wealth and income is and so on. 

Well stated. The idea that money (backed by the (cough) Federal Reserve in our case) is the root of wealth is laughable. Wealth can be described in so many terms....it's more diverse than just money. Corporate power has also been allowed (through political gamesmanship and flat out greed) to flourish during times of pain and suffering for the masses. I feel we need a version of Teddy Roosevelt to come forward...force a new era and stir the pot. I just don't know if the train has gone too far down the tracks to stop it without a calamity occurring. It's troubling to see how expansive the problem really is. Trusting the people in charge is very difficult. 

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

Well stated. The idea that money (backed by the (cough) Federal Reserve in our case) is the root of wealth is laughable. Wealth can be described in so many terms....it's more diverse than just money. Corporate power has also been allowed (through political gamesmanship and flat out greed) to flourish during times of pain and suffering for the masses. I feel we need a version of Teddy Roosevelt to come forward...force a new era and stir the pot. I just don't know if the train has gone too far down the tracks to stop it without a calamity occurring. It's troubling to see how expansive the problem really is. Trusting the people in charge is very difficult. 

I disagree.  This time is different.  Think outside the box here... what if the fed is acting in opposite interest of so called "globalist" parties?

Consider the ONRRP - https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/RRPONTSYD

image.png

This is liquidity from the banking system parking at the FED overnight due to lack of treasury collateral, or so we were told.  (to which I interpreted the US banking system)

My thoughts in 2021... What is the RR?  Not sure, but its a lot of money and since its on the fed balance sheet, which shouldn't exist, its probably bad for us.

...BUT... just for fun...

Lets overlay the EUR chart.

• Orange line is ONRR facility reward (risk free rate) 
  • Blue line is 1/EURUSD or ostensibly USDEUR.
  • Teal line is the balance of the overnight reverse repo facility created by fed during COVID.  Do you see a pattern here?

image.png

The FED RR is 90+% EUR banks.  The FED is systematically destroying the EU, WEF/Davos et all with RR.  Energy crisis is here, sovereign debt right around the corner.

(the mechanics of EUR banking to RR would be first sell EURUSD)

Edited by maxwere
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, maxwere said:

I disagree.  This time is different.  Think outside the box here... what if the fed is acting in opposite interest of so called "globalist" parties?

image.png

This is liquidity from the banking system parking at the FED overnight due to lack of treasury collateral, or so we were told.  (to which I interpreted the US banking system)

My thoughts in 2021... What is the RR?  Not sure, but its a lot of money and since its on the fed balance sheet, which shouldn't exist, its probably bad for us.

• Teal line is the balance of the overnight reverse repo facility created by fed during COVID.  Do you see a pattern here?

image.png

The FED RR is 90+% EUR banks.  The FED is systematically destroying the EU, WEF/Davos et all with RR.  Energy crisis is here, sovereign debt right around the corner.

Yes I see what you are saying there. Your perspective is intriguing. I’ll have to study on this a bit but thanks! 

22 hours ago, maxwere said:

Pareto principle implies top 4% produce 64% of the stuff.  This is the way its been for a while.  While this argument may surprise the masses, I don't see any unexpected disparity.  The fact is, people don't naturally process skewness very well.  This requires that you see something beyond your existential sense of reality... abstract, creative thinking.

The problem this presentation is assumptions.  What is wealth?  (the narrator uses cash... that's not begging the question)  Is wealth fixed?  Is there a fundamentally different conversation in income inequality?  What about corporate inequality (ie 5 banks do 99% of the banking transactions)?  Many educated higher income (technocratic) people literally have no idea how wealth is generated anymore, what difference between wealth and income is and so on. 

Pareto is the 20-80 rule.

20% of the workers do 80% of the work.

What we have now is 1% of the owners now own about 25% of the wealth. THIS IS NOT PARETO.

19 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

Pareto is the 20-80 rule.

20% of the workers do 80% of the work.

What we have now is 1% of the owners now own about 25% of the wealth. THIS IS NOT PARETO.

Pareto principle is 80% of the outputs are the production of 20% of inputs.  Likewise 64% out, 4% in (squared).  Cubed, .8% produces 51%.  So, technically, you’re right.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Yes I see what you are saying there. Your perspective is intriguing. I’ll have to study on this a bit but thanks! 

I charted this based on Tom Luongos analysis.  Keep in mind US and Canadian regimes (and tech propaganda) are currently puppets of EU.  That bug is about to get squashed, just in time for dinner!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, maxwere said:

image.png

image.png

Dude I don’t understand any of this but mad props for this write up. God, I hate numbers. 

• Haha 1

Finance does not explain the real problem, a narrow economy. 

Fed policy is approaching it's limits.  Threading the needle between recession and inflation is becoming impossible.

Finance has been used to cover for a lack of structural reforms for decades. 

We have played globalization like greedy fools.  Let's hope we do not see a barbaric conclusion.

• Like 2

I would not consider "wealth" inequality to be the real problem.  I would say income inequality is the real issue. 

Cheap labor is great for the owners.  However, our economy was built on fair labor, labor that was capable of broad consumption, you know the middle class.

Production and consumption are interdependent.  The government cannot take up the slack indefinitely. 

2 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I would not consider "wealth" inequality to be the real problem.  I would say income inequality is the real issue. 

Cheap labor is great for the owners.  However, our economy was built on fair labor, labor that was capable of broad consumption, you know the middle class.

Production and consumption are interdependent.  The government cannot take up the slack indefinitely. 

Thanks to Teddy Roosevelt and others like him we transitioned from cheap labor to a more fair labor but the dynamics of our economy have also changed. We were at one time a nation of industrial and technological productivity but Republicans (and many Democrats) pushed us  away from the industrial base and into a service based economy to provide higher profits for their friends. And themselves. 

59 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Thanks to Teddy Roosevelt and others like him we transitioned from cheap labor to a more fair labor but the dynamics of our economy have also changed. We were at one time a nation of industrial and technological productivity but Republicans (and many Democrats) pushed us  away from the industrial base and into a service based economy to provide higher profits for their friends. And themselves. 

I would say Henry Ford had more to do with paying higher wages than TR.

Democrats lost the money from organized labor.  They went searching in the ranks of the capital class.  There was no one willing or able to stop the offshoring of American manufacturing and jobs.

11 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I would say Henry Ford had more to do with paying higher wages than TR.

Democrats lost the money from organized labor.  They went searching in the ranks of the capital class.  There was no one willing or able to stop the offshoring of American manufacturing and jobs.

True but Ford was forced to do it as much as anything. He needed the labor to advance his company….sure would be nice to see that kind of productivity today. 

3 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

True but Ford was forced to do it as much as anything. He needed the labor to advance his company….sure would be nice to see that kind of productivity today. 

Yes.  Ford came close to inventing the middle class.  He was criticized for paying higher wages at the time.  He did not wish to build thousands of cars for the wealthy, he wished to build millions of cars for everyone.  He told the other power players at the time the truth.  If you want to be truly wealthy, wealthy beyond what you can imagine, you will raise wages.  He understood that,,, you need workers but,,, you need consumers also.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yes.  Ford came close to inventing the middle class.  He was criticized for paying higher wages at the time.  He did not wish to build thousands of cars for the wealthy, he wished to build millions of cars for everyone.  He told the other power players at the time the truth.  If you want to be truly wealthy, wealthy beyond what you can imagine, you will raise wages.  He understood that,,, you need workers but,,, you need consumers also.

I admire Henry Ford and appreciate all he and his employees did to help us win the war. As a shareholder I also like seeing the company do well. 

1 minute ago, autigeremt said:

I admire Henry Ford and appreciate all he and his employees did to help us win the war. As a shareholder I also like seeing the company do well. 

I hold him in very high esteem,,, except for his bigotry.

• Like 1