Mark My Word 2022

DaddyBoyAU

Here we go again.  While we wait for the nip to be called we can pass the time making stupid bold predictions.  

The rules are simple:  Make a bold prediction about the season that you have a gut feeling about, but most people might disagree - and/or think you are crazy for believing.  And start those predictions with "Mark My Word" because you are sure about it, no apologies.  Don't debate or flame other posters' predictions on this thread, it is just for the predictions.  Another rule:  Don't make a wimpy prediction that everyone either knows or agrees with because, well, that would suck (and it's the only time flaming is allowed).  Predict anything about the season, AU football, AU Family (and the members), and even the Nip.  No politics please!

Here's a couple of mine from last year: 

Mark My Word:  This is the year that one of Saban’s disciples finally beats him.  Could be Kiffin or Fisher, maybe Kirby in the SECCG; in any case it happens. (Got that one)

Mark My Word:  Auburn beats Penn State and Georgia this year.  LSU too, but that’s too easy of a prediction.  (Oof!)

So let's hear your wildest and craziest predictions!

Here's mine:

Mark My Word:  Auburn beats both Texas A&M and Bama this year.  That's right, you heard me.

Mark My Word:  (as if the one above wasn't enough) It stays so hot that @WarTim delays the Nip till next year.

• Haha 2

MMW:

Our pass defense will not be pure garbage & Smed will make a name for himself as a top defensive mind.

We win 9 games & will get good QB play from TJ Finely.  But that will not stop the board from crying about 1 overthrow.

JSS will get his first TD in a while.

Even with 9 wins our recruiting will not be good.

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2

Mark my work we will have 2 1000 yard receivers and a 1000 yard rusher. We will finish 9-3

I want to 2nd the MMW Auburn beats UGA in Athens and breaks another road losing streak

MMW Damari will be 2nd on the team in rushing

MMW Harsin is offered an extension at the end of the season ending a year of will he be here and catapulting Auburn’s 23 & 24 recruiting classes to near the top of the conference and country.

• Like 1

MMW- A struggling offense leads AU to a 6-6 record. Recruiting continues to be toward the bottom of the conference. A huge debate takes place about whether theres more risk at giving Harsin more time or making a change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

MMW

My man Camden Brown is a freshman All American with 10+ touchdowns and over 1000 yards receiving

Tank Bigsby wins the Heisman

Auburn goes 10-2, no SECCG appearance but does get a new year's day bowl that it wins to finish 11-2

• Haha 2

MMW

We either go 3-9 or 9-3, no in-between.

If the former, Harsin is obviously fired, but if the latter, he wins NCOY and is a hero in the media's eyes and fan base. 

If 9-3 happens, he leverages it into an extension, but Dr. Roberts is wise and doesn't get bent over like Leath did with Gus.

However, if we refuse to negotiate an extension, he dips.

MMW:

Top 3 SEC defense 

Zero 1000 yard receiver, but instead have three 750 yard receivers.

Hall and Leota have double digit sacks.

Schmed wins the Broyals award 

The youth on the OL begin to take over by the end of the year.

We avg 1 Int/gm 

We have 2 shutouts 

We beat LSU in back to back years 

We embarrass Miss ST

Arkansas finishes 2nd in the west 

Tennessee wins the East 

Along with CBH, we create vertical alignment with the new the president and new AD 

We finish top 15 in recruiting, flipping 3 players in doing so 

Jimbo loses 4 and TAMU's $ begins grumbling loudly 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Mark My Word:  UF beats UGA and wins the SEC East.

Mark My Word: Only 1 SEC team gets into the playoffs.  The teams (in no seeding order) will be Oregon, Bama, Ohio State, and Oklahoma.  

(I like Bird’s Arkansas prediction.)

• Thanks 1

MMW, (time capsule that will no doubt come back to haunt me😉)

we'll start 7-1 and finish 8 - 5. Our signature win will be against a Penn St team that finishes top 15.

Tank will punk Bama and be invited to Heisman ceremony but lose to repeater Bryce and Bama's superior media machine (i.e. "bryce beat tank")

Brahms will shave beard but go undrafted

Our 2d most productive receiver will be a TE

Geriner will look great in limited playing time

We'll have a love/hate relation w/ TJ: he'll lead, give 110% and make many stunning completions but flub some easy tosses @ the wrong time (see Harsin commemts re TJ in scrimmage).

Harsin will be back, end up w/ a top 30 recruiting class by December and learn how to play the NIL game in '23.

Edited by aucanucktiger

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Brahms will shave beard but go undrafted

I’m not sure if the beard thing matters as much as it sounds like he won’t be able to play this season or football in general moving forward.  He’ll be greeting you on your next Delta flight.

• Dislike 1

MMW: 1. TDawson has 7 plays of 50 plus yards. 2. CBrown facepalms someone and throws them to the ground like Sammy C once did. 3. Tank rushes for 1,250 and receives for another 450 and gets drafted in the 1st round. 4. JSS sets AU tight end receiving records. 5. Owen Pappoe sends someone to the ER. 6. Our freshman kicker sets an AU FG distance record at 63 yards against Bama for a game ending walk off after Hars loses his mind and gets one second put back on the clock.  

• Haha 4

MMW

Top 15 defense in the country 

3000 yd passed

RB group collectively runs for 2000 yds

4 players eclipse 600 yds receiving including a TE

Will lose 3 games by combined total of 10 points 

*Bonus-Bo manages to pull a Bo and beat UGA then lose 3 games doing Bo things down the stretch 

Edited by JMassie11

16 minutes ago, AUinMS9528 said:

I love the MMW thread!!!!!!!

@bigbirdis trying to get me excited with how high he is on the defense!

The key to this year's D will be at LB. The lines and secondary are gonna be fierce!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

MMW

Cadillac Williams gets courted by an NFL franchise to be their RB coach

We lead the nation in sacks 

D Hall wins the Nagurski Trophy

We have zero targeting penalties in the Secondary(Love you Smoke)😅

After a 5-0 start, we get 2 high caliber flips in recruiting

Robby Ashford scores 2 TDs against Mercer

Our starting QB(Probably TJ "HowYouLikeMeNow" Finley) ends the season with single digit INTs

• Like 1

MMW: 

- Top 3 defense in SEC like bird said

- We will cover against UGA and Alabama

- Undefeated at home

- 2 different QB’s will start but all will play

- Alabama will beat TAMU by at least 4 TD’s

- Winner of the UGA/UT will win the East

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

The key to this year's D will be at LB. The lines and secondary are gonna be fierce!

MMW Owen Pappoe drastically increases his draft stock

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bigbird said:

MMW:

Top 3 SEC defense 

Zero 1000 yard receiver, but instead have three 750 yard receivers.

Hall and Leota have double digit sacks.

Schmed wins the Broyals award 

The youth on the OL begin to take over by the end of the year.

We avg 1 Int/gm 

We have 2 shutouts 

We beat LSU in back to back years 

We embarrass Miss ST

Arkansas finishes 2nd in the west 

Tennessee wins the East 

Along with CBH, we create vertical alignment with the new the president and new AD 

We finish top 15 in recruiting, flipping 3 players in doing so 

Jimbo loses 4 and TAMU's $ begins grumbling loudly 

Can this please happen? LOL @ A&M.

Edited by AUwent

16 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

MMW

Auburn wins 8-9 games, finishes 2nd in the West, and Mikey says it's because Gus left such a plethora of talent. 

That would likely be true. If talent turned out to be the reason AU wins 8-9 games we all know said talent didn't come from Harsin's recruiting.