Mark My Word 2022

DaddyBoyAU

Mark my word, Barton Lester will block at least two punts this year. 

1 hour ago, Viper said:

The gospel doesn’t need to mark their words. 

5 hours ago, Viper said:

The gospel doesn’t need to mark their words. 

jim-okay.gif

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

I don't like to predict Auburn things because I think it is bad karma. Just a superstition I have. So I will make a prediction about another team.

Mark My Words: Bo Nix will have a very good year for Oregon. He will play great in the opener against Georgia and almost lead his team to the upset, but Georgia will squeak out the victory due to their superior size and speed. Nix will go on to play great in every other game of the season... except one. He will have one stinker of a game that will give Oregon their second loss and keep them out of the playoffs. Besides that he will have a very good year and Oregon will finish 10-2.

On 8/24/2022 at 4:10 PM, Viper said:

AU finishes 5-7. Harsin is fired by 12/1/22.

We said bold!

MMW:

Vandy will not finish last in East and will beat 2 teams from top half of conference. 

Auburn RBs will have 40+ receptions. 

Auburn will have 2 receivers over 850, at least 1 over 1000 yards.

Holden throws 2TDs 200+ in the homecoming game this year. (Or another game if he starts) 

Shenker leads receivers in catches, Camden leads in yards, Koy leads in impact plays of 20+yards, Landen King leads receiving in TDs (could easily have Koy and Camden reversed) 

Jarquez runs for 150+ in multiple games this year. 

Tank and Jarquez run for over 100 in the same game 3+ times this year

Bo Nix leads Oregon to an upset over Georgia in the opener. 

Florida upsets Utah (yes that's an upset).

Kentucky wins the East (and rubs it in Calipari's face), 4 teams from SEC west will start 5-0. 

Bama does not win the West.

Harsin leaves on his own for another Power 5 school next year. 

Bo Nix is a dark horse to win the Heisman 🤭

PS. I guess that's enough.  Full on coffee this morning 😆 

19 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

PS. I guess that's enough.  Full on coffee this morning 😆 

Full on something. However, I like it. Hope all this comes true. If it does I'll send a bottle of your choice of bourbon whiskey to you. :)

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Full on something. However, I like it. Hope all this comes true. If it does I'll send a bottle of your choice of bourbon whiskey to you. :)

Might as well just send a gift card since I'm within 15 mins of most of the distilleries lol

• Like 1

MMW:

AU does better than most expect but not as good as we hope, 7-5, 4th in west.

Bryan Harsin still has his job at then end of the season, if he still wants it.

bama loses at knoxville but still wins the west.

No SEC teams go undefeated, and uga loses 2.

During the season AU makes a temporary QB change, but not because of performance.  Not a big deal because they had been using 2 QBs a lot anyway.

AU plays in several soggy games this year, and sees snow in one.

Edited by VicTree
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2022 at 9:56 AM, AUBwins said:

Might as well just send a gift card since I'm within 15 mins of most of the distilleries lol

I was with a group that toured several of those distilleries a few years ago. It was one of the more informative tours I've been on. One thing that surprised me was that the price of the whiskeys there was the same as it is in the State Stores in Alabama. I would have thought it would be cheaper in the area.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I was with a group that toured several of those distilleries a few years ago. It was one of the more informative tours I've been on. One thing that surprised me was that the price of the whiskeys there was the same as it is in the State Stores in Alabama. I would have thought it would be cheaper in the area.

Well Buffalo Trace saves some of their Classics (Blanton) just for the tours and will have significant discount on those offered in the tour.  Not sure if the others do as well.  The demand is just as high here as anywhere else lol

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

Mark my word:

- TJ Finley won't be the starting QB after the Penn State game.

- Robby Ashford will assume and retain the starting QB role after the Penn State game, and will go on to have a year similar to Nick Marshall's 1st year as starter.

- Tank Bigsby will be 1st team All American.

- Owen Pappoe will be 1st team All SEC.

- AU will finish 8-4 and beat either Georgia or Alabama, or both.

- Our recruiting will get a big boost.

- Coach Harsin will retain his job, and be named SEC "Coach of the Year" next year.  Years from now, he will be a close 2nd to Pat Dye as far as beloved AU coaches go.

Mark my word.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MaxCohen216 said:

Mark my word:

- TJ Finley won't be the starting QB after the Penn State game.

- Robby Ashford will assume and retain the starting QB role after the Penn State game, and will go on to have a year similar to Nick Marshall's 1st year as starter.

- Tank Bigsby will be 1st team All American.

- Owen Pappoe will be 1st team All SEC.

- AU will finish 8-4 and beat either Georgia or Alabama, or both.

- Our recruiting will get a big boost.

- Coach Harsin will retain his job, and be named SEC "Coach of the Year" next year.  Years from now, he will be a close 2nd to Pat Dye as far as beloved AU coaches go.

Mark my word.

Like this one.

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Probably state taxes.  I am jealous of alabama prices.  Texas prices suck compared to Bama. Plus, you cannot buy beer after midnight except on Saturday where they graciously extended it to 1am

39 minutes ago, Didba said:

Probably state taxes.  I am jealous of alabama prices.  Texas prices suck compared to Bama. Plus, you cannot buy beer after midnight except on Saturday where they graciously extended it to 1am

Prices aren’t bad, distribution is generally terrible though because of the ABC limitations on what even can come in….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Didba said:

If you need to buy beer after midnight………..

just concerned Didba

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

If you need to buy beer after midnight………..

just concerned Didba

You've never been 22 in undergrad and someone wanted a late beer run at a party?

I appreciate it but that was something I cared about years ago. It's not a big deal now.  I still think the Texas laws are dumb though.

25 minutes ago, Didba said:

You've never been 22 in undergrad and someone wanted a late beer run at a party?

I appreciate it but that was something I cared about years ago. It's not a big deal now.  I still think the Texas laws are dumb though.

Lived with what was termed “ blue laws” in Alabama for years. No Sunday beer sales. Of course we always knew where to find when wanted. Area lake marinas and country stores paid no attention other the “Sunday upcharge”.

Chuckle at the midnight thing. Raised 3 boys that are my joy now. Speech to them as youngsters was to read the paper and see that nothing good usually happens after midnight. May have told but one is a lawyer.

Edited by SaltyTiger
  • Like 1
  • Love 1