Penn State rewind

LPTiger

21 hours ago, LPTiger said:

At lunch yesterday, the Penn State game was on.  I forgot that on the fade to Hudson (when we were down by 8) he went all the way to the ground about 3 yards past the goal line.   There was clear contact by the defender but no PI call.   Then we hold them, almost get a safety, and on 3rd and 12 from the 2 there is contact and PI is called giving them a first down.  I'm not necessarily saying either or both calls were bad, but they are microcosms of 2021.   We were close to having a real good year which gives me hope for 2022.

I understand that, but if you want to look at the whole season, you have to include the fact we should have lost to GA State.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

30 minutes ago, 80Tiger said:

I understand that, but if you want to look at the whole season, you have to include the fact we should have lost to GA State.

Not facepalming you.   But the fact that we should have lost to GASt.   🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

22 hours ago, LPTiger said:

At lunch yesterday, the Penn State game was on.  I forgot that on the fade to Hudson (when we were down by 8) he went all the way to the ground about 3 yards past the goal line.   There was clear contact by the defender but no PI call.   Then we hold them, almost get a safety, and on 3rd and 12 from the 2 there is contact and PI is called giving them a first down.  I'm not necessarily saying either or both calls were bad, but they are microcosms of 2021.   We were close to having a real good year which gives me hope for 2022.

They didn't call it because Nix threw the ball about a mile over the receivers head. Maybe it was the receivers fault for not going to the back of the end zone but it was nowhere near close enough to get the call. 

20 minutes ago, nurbis said:

They didn't call it because Nix threw the ball about a mile over the receivers head. Maybe it was the receivers fault for not going to the back of the end zone but it was nowhere near close enough to get the call. 

The no call on the safety is what got me. I flew up there for the game after coaching friday night. Best atmosphere I've ever been in. Still have no idea why BoBo called that fade. 

2 hours ago, TAYLORKEETON said:

The no call on the safety is what got me. I flew up there for the game after coaching friday night. Best atmosphere I've ever been in. Still have no idea why BoBo called that fade. 

I also went to the Penn State.  I was really really impressed and had a great time.  Now we were their first big home game of the year and they have very reduced attendance due to COVID in 2020, so the Penn State fans were really pumped and showed out for the game.  I am disappointed that we are not able to show the Penn State fans a night game in Auburn.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 80Tiger said:

I don’t agree that is a fact. In reality, Bo should have been pulled earlier. As it was we used 1last drive to win the game. Happens all the time.

What stood out most to me was how Penn State celebrated like they won the Super Bowl after beating a team, that finished with a losing record, at home.

Am I salty? Maybe.

Edited by Tiger
  • Haha 2

I think when PSU scored on a running TD, Auburn had to replace Pappoe or McClain and whoever his replacement was Riley/Steiner made a bad read and did not hit the right gap, and PSU got 7 instead of 3. To me it was one the important plays of the game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

I don’t agree that is a fact. In reality, Bo should have been pulled earlier. As it was we used 1last drive to win the game. Happens all the time.

I was responding to the poster who was using shoulda, woulda, coulda logic to say we were on the verge of a very good season if certain things went our way; player did not fall down, official did not call a penalty, or a coach called a bad play. If you use that logic to justify almost wins, you have to use it to justify almost losses.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tiger said:

What stood out most to me was how Penn State celebrated like they won the Super Bowl after beating a team, that finished with a losing record, at home.

Am I salty? Maybe.

I have nothing against PSU. They seemed to really respect Auburn. I loved it. I wish we had more big games like that in the future against B1G teams. 

We had a shot to win but we all know we were not a complete team last year and had major issues. Like usual, our athleticism kept us in the game and gave us a shot.  

• Like 1